Armstrong on Millar

Robert Chung

Guest
My loose translation of a paragraph from today's L'Equipe (I'm always nervous about these things
because Armstrong probably said this in English and it got translated into French, so there's
probably bad translation in both directions):

Two weeks ago David Millar (Cofidis) had shared in L'Equipe his desire to leave his team at the end
of the year and his dream to join USPS. Lance Armstrong has taken notice of this with interest:
"David is my friend, an excellent rider, very talented. It's true, sometimes he lets himself down
and he's at an age to say it's now or never. And it's also true that Cofidis isn't absolutely made
for him and I don't say this because of any bad memories of the team. Frankly, the best thing that
could happen to him is to go look elsewhere, to change his environment, his work habits, his
discipline. Now, I can't say that he would come to us. He's expensive and our budget isn't
unlimited. I can only say that he would be a good addition because he's a powerful TT'er and that he
can be not a bad climber. But he has to learn to pace himself. David is a little bit of a rock star.
[I won't try to translate the last sentence: C'est un fou, un fou gentil et brillant.]"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/feb03/feb04news

news:[email protected]...