Armstrong Prepares for Ride With Bush

Jim F

Guest
bush should get that fat ass limbaugh out there on the bike then he
wouldn't have to worry about his stupid no passing the president rule,
what a loser bush is. It's not like Lance is going to go out there and
make a time trial out of the ride.

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
> Aug 19, 10:39 PM EDT
>
> Armstrong Prepares for Ride With Bush
>
> By NEDRA PICKLER
> Associated Press Writer
>

> CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) -- It's not clear whether Lance Armstrong will have to
> abide by the standard rules for biking with President Bush when the two famously
> competitive Texans take their first ride together Saturday. The first rule:
> Don't pass the president.
>
> "Do not force the president too hard," Bush instructed a handful of journalists
> who rode with him last weekend. "Be kind."
>
> Armstrong, the seven-time winner of the Tour de France, has been generous in his
> praise of Bush's biking skills - to a point. He says there's no way the
> president will be able to take him.
>
> Bush has become an avid biker in the last few years since a bum knee forced him
> to give up his running routine. But Armstrong is the sport's undisputed master
> after beating the world's best year after year.
>
> Not to mention that Armstrong is 25 years younger than Bush, with a resting
> heart rate of 32-34 beats per minute, compared to the president's 47.
>
> Still, Armstrong told ABC's "This Week" last Sunday that he hears the president
> is "one competitive dude."
>
> "There's no talking" on rides with Bush, Armstrong said he's heard from friends
> who've ridden with Bush.
>
> If Bush and Armstrong do find time to chat, they have a lot in common to discuss
> since each has become increasingly more interested in the other's career. While
> Bush has taken up biking, Armstrong says he would like to get more involved in
> politics.
>
> He recently said he might even consider running for Bush's old job as Texas
> governor. But, he coyly told ABC, "It's more or less a joke."
>
> ---
>
> On the Net:
>
> The White House: http://www.whitehouse.gov
>
> Lance Armstrong: http://www.lancearmstrong.com
>
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_ARMSTRONG?SITE=OHCIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The Airman

Guest
You mean Robin - that guy who gives a ton of money to Lance? That same guy
who lends his private biz jet to Lance and his team?

Friend? Or rich groupie?

"C Wright" <[email protected]_mac.com> wrote in message
news:BF2C9EDC.3766B%[email protected]_mac.com...
> On 8/20/05 8:17 AM, in article [email protected], "rtk"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I get the feeling that Armstrong is preparing for more than a ride with
>> Bush. I think we're seeing the beginning of his next career. McCain's
>> from Texas; does he ride, too? Will Armstrong ride with someone outside
>> Texas? How about Schwarzenegger? Armstrongs bicycling buddies are
>> going to be an interesting show, I suspect.
>>
>> rtk
>>
>> http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/e/x/exk7/

> One of Armstrong's bicycle buddies is Robin Williams who is from the
> opposite side of the political spectrum.

Martin Blank

Guest
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 06:37:00 -0700, bcrowell wrote:

> I find it rather ironic, to say the least, that the President and Lance
> are doing more to promote cycling in this country than anybody on this
> board ever did, but all we hear are the whining, sniveling lefties with
> their constant complaining. It's pretty obvious by now that the pathetic
> lefties are just a bunch of miserable people who want to drag everybody
> else down to their level of misery in order to make themselves feel
> better, in their own perverted way.

Kool-aid drinker....

Tom

Guest
jj wrote, "Arguably you could say Jesse Ventura didn't have many
skills, yet he made a
pretty good governer. "

No wonder we haven't heard much about him lately.

Tom