Armstrong runs NY Marathon in 2h59:37

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by sopas, Nov 5, 2006.

1. wineandkeyz

wineandkeyz New Member

Laughable, bro. The lab did NOT stand behind anything -- instead, it hid like a scared child behind his mama's skirt and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Hard to "refute" something when the lab is stonewalling the investigation, but the report clearly showed that the lab mishandled the samples and failed miserably in following accepted protocols.

So no matter how shrilly you and the rest of the anti-Armstrong zealots bleat, your accusation is nothing more than that: an accusation. To claim it is a "fact" is utter bullshit.

2. poulidor

poulidor New Member

You are certainly uninformed!
    First, Vrijman is a friend of Lance's friend Verbbrugghen. What about to have an independent investigation with this?
    Secondo, if Vrijman would really investigate LNDD, he must just follow french laws. Easy for the lawyer Vrijman! Why did n't he do this?
    Now, what is laughable?

3. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Your an idiot, ask just about any cyclist to jump off there bike and run a sub 3 hour marathon and most couldn't do it, let alone one who's been retired for 12 months

4. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Well you just proved how smart you are hmmm, last time I checked foot locker sold nike, so nike publicity would be a bonus!!!

5. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Look seriously, have any of you witnessed or seen anyone dyeing of cancer? if you had a half a heart you'd look past all this petty dopeing cheating bull shit and see a person who has raised so much money to find a cure for cancer. Whens the last time you ran a marathon for a good cause. And dare is say it, what will you say many years from now ( and I dont wish this on anyone ) if your fighting a disease and there's now a cure because of all the money raised by these people for research. Will you think shit i'm an idiot for those comments??? Well I hope so cause thats all you people are!!!

6. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

y).

3) With or without doping I truly admire what Lance did. No matter how much people call him a cheat, I truly admire that he came back from almost certain death due to cancer ravaging his entire body and absolutely dominated the greatest event in cycling for 7 years straight on a level playing field. Don't even begin to tell me that he doped but those other guys were clean. He did it on a level playing field.

Now what is Lance using his power for? He's using it to fight cancer. I see Lance clearly. I sure as hell don't "blindly" support him. He's a truly incredible athlete that uses his power for good. We'll see what he does if/when he gets into politics, but for now I admire him.

Couldn't agree more!!!

7. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

Lance was a DOPER, end of.

You are clearly deluded son.

8. luv2ride

luv2ride New Member

im sorry. but its the opposite end of age restrictions that i have to worry about. why dont you serve your country yourself? oh you have? good job. cookie for you. why dont you stop cutting it down with all the crap you write about. just cause ur mad that you cant be lance

9. helmutRoole2

helmutRoole2 New Member

Goddamnit.

You outted me, dude.

Okay, for the record, yes, I WANT TO BE LANCE.

Do you like Tom Boonen because I think Lance and Tom would like to make much sexy time with each other.

10. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Armstrong's future includes NYC Marathon return
    By Larry Fine
    NEW YORK, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong is mulling over his future yet the seven-times Tour de France champion has settled on at least one challenge for next year -- he will return for another crack at the New York City Marathon.
    Armstrong is resisting offers of acting work and a possible urge to enter the political arena to concentrate on being retired but the American, who described his maiden marathon earlier this month as "the hardest thing I've ever done", has already decided to run the 26.2-mile (42.16-km) race again.
    "I'm going back next year; I've decided I'm going back," the 35-year-old cycling great told Reuters in a recent telephone interview from his hometown of Austin, Texas, after opening the seventh 24-hour fitness centre to bear his name.
    Armstrong has not run at all since the marathon, where he raised $600,000 for his foundation and cancer research and met a personal goal of finishing under three hours with a time of 2 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds.
    "I'm still shaking it off. I'm still limping," said Armstrong, who is bothered by shin splints.
    Armstrong said he was stunned by the interest he aroused in New York.
    "I was surprised by the amount of coverage," he said.

INCREASE FUNDING
    The cyclist who overcame cancer to conquer the Tour de France acknowledged he had "celebrity capital".
    "I try not to think about that. I guess there is some of that," he said. "You take the sport side of things, and I've not been a recluse since. I've been out and about.
    "Then the work with the disease and trying to engage in the political process there and getting our leaders to pay attention and increase funding and increase exposure for it.
    "It's such a big disease and touches so many lives that you have a built-in audience that wants that and needs that and wants to support that and wants to be part of an army.
    "That is probably the biggest constituency I have. It's certainly the one I care the most about aside from my kids."
    Armstrong said he was not inclined towards an acting career despite getting offers and was reluctant to get into politics.
    "I think it's best just to never say never," he said, leaving the door ajar. "On both of those I'd say it's highly unlikely.
    "Politics is tricky, because I do think public service is incredibly noble and this country needs great leaders and I think many times...we have mediocre leaders and that's not doing our great country any good.
    "To engage in that you really open yourself up because it's such a split and divided country now in terms of politics and the tactics there you open yourself up for a lot.
    "I've been through enough the last 10 years to know what that feels like and I think politics tends to be 10-x of that.
    "I'm trying to figure out how to be retired, so why would I then go get a full-time job?"

11. guncha

guncha New Member

Jan IS a DOPER, end of.

You are clearly deluded son.

12. meehs

meehs New Member

Guncha, my friend, clearly you don't understand this forum. If a given cycling fan wants to have delicious, chocolaty butt-sex with a given athlete, it's perfectly okay that said athlete dopes. It's only when the fan isn't interested in partaking in anal joy-joy with said athlete, that the doping athlete can be considered a fraud, a cheat, etc... Understand? Hope I helped to clear things up for you.

13. couchcyler

couchcyler New Member

Just for the record, Foot Locker sells Nike products, they are not competitors.

14. couchcyler

couchcyler New Member

I thought this was a place where adults could talk rationally about cycling and racing, I am offended by your trash talk.

15. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

I think what this means is that he is embarassed by having his true ability revealed, Expect him to be doped up to the eyeballs for next year.

16. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

More so when Olano recently ran a 2:34 in his first marathon... agreed... back on the gear for one last tilt... he'll run a 1:34 and still people will thing he ran the marathon clean dispite beating the world record by 45 minutes...

17. CapeRoadster

CapeRoadster New Member

Olano is the best ex-rpo cyclist marathoner, no question. All that doping experience is really paying off in retirement. I wonder when he'll be on dialysis...

18. helmutRoole2

helmutRoole2 New Member

Okay, sorry. Read it backwards and it'll be like it never happened.

19. Tim Lamkin

Tim Lamkin New Member

Not in this lifetime :rolleyes:

20. sopas

sopas New Member

By the way for those interested, retired rider Abrahan Olano just run a Marathon a few months ago in 2h.39:19

He run his first marathon in 2005 with a time of 2h.53.07

For his last 2h.39:19 race in november 2006 he said he had trained 6 days a week, about 2 hours each day.