Armstrong runs NY Marathon in 2h59:37

PartisanRanger said:
It's nice to use science instead of biased conjecture sometimes when evaluating someone's guilt or innocence. The doping allegation from the '99 Tour was proven to be riddled with falsehoods, poor testing procedures, and lack of accountability. As bitter as you may be about the prevalence in doping, that doesn't justify condemning Lance when he's never been proven a doper. Suspect him all you want, but without proof your cries of "DOPER!" are just counter-productive.
Counter productive to...?

Bro Deal said:
Hell, I can run under 3:00. This complete collapse in VO2Max reminds me of Disco in this year's Tour
Well then, get some jucie and jump on the bike. I expect to you win the TDF next year (and then the next six...) If it's that easy, what are you waiting on?

L

Bro Deal said:
That was just so far from reality I put my money on a hallucinagenic. I am trying to figure out what killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis has to do with 9/11.
Not a damn thing. That's why the republicans got fired yesterday....

PartisanRanger said:
It's nice to use science instead of biased conjecture sometimes when evaluating someone's guilt or innocence. The doping allegation from the '99 Tour was proven to be riddled with falsehoods, poor testing procedures, and lack of accountability.
Science said there is EPO in 1999 urine samples!
There is no falsehoods, only testing procedures done for scientist studies.

poulidor said:
Science said there is EPO in 1999 urine samples!
There is no falsehoods, only testing procedures done for scientist studies.

You're wrong, as usual, poulidor.

As P'Ranger CORRECTLY put it, the allegations published by the muckrakers in L'Equipe WERE proven to be "riddled with falsehoods, poor testing procedures, and lack of accountability." If you want to believe the lies that paper put forward, be my guest, but their case would get LAUGHED OUT of a court of law.

wineandkeyz said:

As P'Ranger CORRECTLY put it, the allegations published by the muckrakers in L'Equipe WERE proven to be "riddled with falsehoods, poor testing procedures, and lack of accountability." If you want to believe the lies that paper put forward, be my guest, but their case would get LAUGHED OUT of a court of law.
Proven ? Do you have a proof other the laughable and botched report of Vrijman-Verbbrugghen?

Who is the most often right ? Laws or Sciences?
And don't forget, LA did not prefer sue L'Equipe, WHY ?
In France muckracking is severly punished.

wineandkeyz said:
No, you are wrong as usual. The Vrijman report was nothing but a whitewash that never addressed the central issue: How EPO was found in six of Armstrong's retrotested urine samples. Instead the report side stepped the issue by saying that in order to have a positive, you have to follow the a certain testing protocol. But the testing was never done for sanctioning purposes; it was done for research, so the lab did not need to follow protocol to get the data they were after. The lab stands by its findings and they have never been refuted.

In order to win the '99 Tour, Armstrong was on more dope than Timothy Leary. That is a fact and no matter how much you Armstrong homers bleat about French conspiracies, or what ever clap trap is your latest excuse, it does not change the facts.

In a court, Armstrong would be crushed with the preponderance of evidence for his doping.

poulidor said:
Proven ? Do you have a proof other the laughable and botched report of Vrijman-Verbbrugghen?

Who is the most often right ? Laws or Sciences?
And don't forget, LA did not prefer sue L'Equipe, WHY ?
In France muckracking is severly punished.
Wasn't it a court of law the acquitted O.J. Simpson?

Bro Deal said:
No, you are wrong as usual. The Vrijman report was nothing but a whitewash that never addressed the central issue: How EPO was found in six of Armstrong's retrotested urine samples. Instead the report side stepped the issue by saying that in order to have a positive, you have to follow the a certain testing protocol. But the testing was never done for sanctioning purposes; it was done for research, so the lab did not need to follow protocol to get the data they were after. The lab stands by its findings and they have never been refuted.

In order to win the '99 Tour, Armstrong was on more dope than Timothy Leary. That is a fact and no matter how much you Armstrong homers bleat about French conspiracies, or what ever clap trap is your latest excuse, it does not change the facts.

In a court, Armstrong would be crushed with the preponderance of evidence for his doping.
Bro, you are ON FIRE today. Some of your best stuff. Really. Excellent.

Lamkin, take note.

Was EPO found in all six samples? I thought it was just several samples.

wolfix said:
Was EPO found in all six samples? I thought it was just several samples.
More, but "six samples" were owned by LA! But I do think you well know that.

poulidor said:
More, but "six samples" were owned by LA! But I do think you well know that.
Acually I didn't know that... That's why I asked.

So Lance knew he was running in the marathon for some time. He had a former winner pacing him. He has obviously contacts at Nike. AND he claims to never have run more than 16 miles before. He is either ridiculously cocky or just plain stupid. I am thinking cocky. Someone must have told him that you have to do the mileage. He must've blown them off. Wasn't he a triathlete back in the day too? They run; many of their runs at the pro level are marathons e.g., the original Hawaii Ironman. It must be humbling for him to know that a 70 year old man (checked some age records) could beat him, the cycling machine God-Idol guy. We can probably all agree that he's clean now. :D

Meek One said:
It must be humbling for him to know that a 70 year old man (checked some age records) could beat him, the cycling machine God-Idol guy. We can probably all agree that he's clean now. :D
Hey, I heard that that 70 year old man was breathing harder than Armstrong.

Yeah he was. That is calculated in the final time, he actually beat Lance by a full hour, but due to the labored breathing was penalized 50 minutes.

Meek One said:
Yeah he was. That is calculated in the final time, he actually beat Lance by a full hour, but due to the labored breathing was penalized 50 minutes.
He raised $600,000 for cancer research with his fellow Foundation runners.
Meanwhile, over in the Protour we have JU saying that he soon will find a home. Fuentes gets to continue in the sport and we find out in a drug trial going on that involves at least 10 people, that the head of the French doping police is the very same doctor who was the head doper.......
But Lance raised $600,000 for cancer research.

"Lance simply won't go away."

wolfix said:
He raised $600,000 for cancer research with his fellow Foundation runners.
Meanwhile, over in the Protour we have JU saying that he soon will find a home. Fuentes gets to continue in the sport and we find out in a drug trial going on that involves at least 10 people, that the head of the French doping police is the very same doctor who was the head doper.......
But Lance raised $600,000 for cancer research.

"Lance simply won't go away."

I didn't say he didn't do the 'run' for a good cause and generate some great money for cancer research, which he did and should be commended for. I just think his performance sucked for someone who just recently retired from a cardio sport and has a running background (triathlete). :cool: