Armstrong runs NY Marathon in 2h59:37

Bro Deal said:
The lab stands by its findings and they have never been refuted.

In order to win the '99 Tour, Armstrong was on more dope than Timothy Leary. That is a fact and no matter how much you Armstrong homers bleat about French conspiracies, or what ever clap trap is your latest excuse, it does not change the facts.

In a court, Armstrong would be crushed with the preponderance of evidence for his doping.

Laughable, bro. The lab did NOT stand behind anything -- instead, it hid like a scared child behind his mama's skirt and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Hard to "refute" something when the lab is stonewalling the investigation, but the report clearly showed that the lab mishandled the samples and failed miserably in following accepted protocols.

So no matter how shrilly you and the rest of the anti-Armstrong zealots bleat, your accusation is nothing more than that: an accusation. To claim it is a "fact" is utter ********.

wineandkeyz said:
Laughable, bro. The lab did NOT stand behind anything -- instead, it hid like a scared child behind his mama's skirt and refused to cooperate with the investigation. Hard to "refute" something when the lab is stonewalling the investigation, but the report clearly showed that the lab mishandled the samples and failed miserably in following accepted protocols.

So no matter how shrilly you and the rest of the anti-Armstrong zealots bleat, your accusation is nothing more than that: an accusation. To claim it is a "fact" is utter ********.
You are certainly uninformed!
First, Vrijman is a friend of Lance's friend Verbbrugghen. What about to have an independent investigation with this?
Secondo, if Vrijman would really investigate LNDD, he must just follow french laws. Easy for the lawyer Vrijman! Why did n't he do this?
Now, what is laughable?

Ullefan said:
3 hours, not bad, but not great. Just think what he would have done if not for those late nights with Matthew McConerty in Miami.

This proves he was on the stuff during his career, if he's just an average athlete one year later!
Your an idiot, ask just about any cyclist to jump off there bike and run a sub 3 hour marathon and most couldn't do it, let alone one who's been retired for 12 months

Ullefan said:
He also raised so much more money for himself courtesy of his sponsor Nike, it was a publicity stunt, due in part because the major sponsor Foot Locker is a rival to Nike, it is called ambush marketing. Notice all the guys around him had Nike trainers or were sponsored by Nike, El Gorouj, etc. I'm sure Foot Locker weren't happy about that, being the major sponsor.
Well you just proved how smart you are hmmm, last time I checked foot locker sold nike, so nike publicity would be a bonus!!!

Bro Deal said:
You should pry your lips off of Armstrong's backside so you can look around at the real world. Salazar is nearly fifty years old and was last competitive twenty years ago. Armstrong had six positives for EPO in a single Tour, and several near positives. He was juiced to the gills on at least one third of the stages. Now that he is off the sauce and no longer seeing Dr. Ferrari he has reverted to his natural state--and apparently it isn't much.

In order to break three hours, he had to cheat. His posse was getting water and gel packs for him, even tearing the tops off the gels before handing them over.
Look seriously, have any of you witnessed or seen anyone dyeing of cancer? if you had a half a heart you'd look past all this petty dopeing cheating bull **** and see a person who has raised so much money to find a cure for cancer. Whens the last time you ran a marathon for a good cause. And dare is say it, what will you say many years from now ( and I dont wish this on anyone ) if your fighting a disease and there's now a cure because of all the money raised by these people for research. Will you think **** i'm an idiot for those comments??? Well I hope so cause thats all you people are!!!

y).

3) With or without doping I truly admire what Lance did. No matter how much people call him a cheat, I truly admire that he came back from almost certain death due to cancer ravaging his entire body and absolutely dominated the greatest event in cycling for 7 years straight on a level playing field. Don't even begin to tell me that he doped but those other guys were clean. He did it on a level playing field.

Now what is Lance using his power for? He's using it to fight cancer. I see Lance clearly. I sure as hell don't "blindly" support him. He's a truly incredible athlete that uses his power for good. We'll see what he does if/when he gets into politics, but for now I admire him.

Couldn't agree more!!!

helmutRoole2 said:
If you feel this strongly I can put you in contact with a US Army recruiter who can put you in the infantry unit of your choice. 2ID is a good one. 101st, 82nd are both airborne units and currently in theatre. You don't even have to be an American to join up. I think the age limit now days is 42, and yes you can have a felony criminal record, debt, speeding tickets and no you don't have to have a high school graduation certificate or diploma.

Or, if you like tanks, I served at Fort Knox for a couple years -- the Home of Armor or as we used to call it **** armor -- and I'm sure I have contacts there. Many armor and Cavalry units over there right now.

I'm telling you, if you like sleeping on the ground for 18 months followed by six months back in the states and another 12 in theatre followed by another 12 in Korea... See, it's not actually suppose to work that way. The way the force was designed was, units were suppose to get six months training, six months in theatre and six months down time. Boy, those were the days.

Just let me know. There's really no excuse for not serving your country.
im sorry. but its the opposite end of age restrictions that i have to worry about. why dont you serve your country yourself? oh you have? good job. cookie for you. why dont you stop cutting it down with all the **** you write about. just cause ur mad that you cant be lance

luv2ride said:
im sorry. but its the opposite end of age restrictions that i have to worry about. why dont you serve your country yourself? oh you have? good job. cookie for you. why dont you stop cutting it down with all the **** you write about. just cause ur mad that you cant be lance
Goddamnit.

You outted me, dude.

Okay, for the record, yes, I WANT TO BE LANCE.

Do you like Tom Boonen because I think Lance and Tom would like to make much sexy time with each other.

Armstrong's future includes NYC Marathon return
By Larry Fine
NEW YORK, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong is mulling over his future yet the seven-times Tour de France champion has settled on at least one challenge for next year -- he will return for another crack at the New York City Marathon.
Armstrong is resisting offers of acting work and a possible urge to enter the political arena to concentrate on being retired but the American, who described his maiden marathon earlier this month as "the hardest thing I've ever done", has already decided to run the 26.2-mile (42.16-km) race again.
"I'm going back next year; I've decided I'm going back," the 35-year-old cycling great told Reuters in a recent telephone interview from his hometown of Austin, Texas, after opening the seventh 24-hour fitness centre to bear his name.
Armstrong has not run at all since the marathon, where he raised $600,000 for his foundation and cancer research and met a personal goal of finishing under three hours with a time of 2 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds.
"I'm still shaking it off. I'm still limping," said Armstrong, who is bothered by shin splints.
Armstrong said he was stunned by the interest he aroused in New York.
"I was surprised by the amount of coverage," he said.

INCREASE FUNDING
The cyclist who overcame cancer to conquer the Tour de France acknowledged he had "celebrity capital".
"I try not to think about that. I guess there is some of that," he said. "You take the sport side of things, and I've not been a recluse since. I've been out and about.
"Then the work with the disease and trying to engage in the political process there and getting our leaders to pay attention and increase funding and increase exposure for it.
"It's such a big disease and touches so many lives that you have a built-in audience that wants that and needs that and wants to support that and wants to be part of an army.
"That is probably the biggest constituency I have. It's certainly the one I care the most about aside from my kids."
Armstrong said he was not inclined towards an acting career despite getting offers and was reluctant to get into politics.
"I think it's best just to never say never," he said, leaving the door ajar. "On both of those I'd say it's highly unlikely.
"Politics is tricky, because I do think public service is incredibly noble and this country needs great leaders and I think many times...we have mediocre leaders and that's not doing our great country any good.
"To engage in that you really open yourself up because it's such a split and divided country now in terms of politics and the tactics there you open yourself up for a lot.
"I've been through enough the last 10 years to know what that feels like and I think politics tends to be 10-x of that.
"I'm trying to figure out how to be retired, so why would I then go get a full-time job?"

guncha said:
Jan IS a DOPER, end of.

You are clearly deluded son.

Guncha, my friend, clearly you don't understand this forum. If a given cycling fan wants to have delicious, chocolaty butt-sex with a given athlete, it's perfectly okay that said athlete dopes. It's only when the fan isn't interested in partaking in anal joy-joy with said athlete, that the doping athlete can be considered a fraud, a cheat, etc... Understand? Hope I helped to clear things up for you.

Just for the record, Foot Locker sells Nike products, they are not competitors.

Ullefan said:
He also raised so much more money for himself courtesy of his sponsor Nike, it was a publicity stunt, due in part because the major sponsor Foot Locker is a rival to Nike, it is called ambush marketing. Notice all the guys around him had Nike trainers or were sponsored by Nike, El Gorouj, etc. I'm sure Foot Locker weren't happy about that, being the major sponsor.

I thought this was a place where adults could talk rationally about cycling and racing, I am offended by your trash talk.
helmutRoole2 said:
Okay, I'll get his name out of my mouth when you get Lance's **** out of yours. Deal?

whiteboytrash said:
Armstrong's future includes NYC Marathon return
I think what this means is that he is embarassed by having his true ability revealed, Expect him to be doped up to the eyeballs for next year.

Bro Deal said:
I think what this means is that he is embarassed by having his true ability revealed, Expect him to be doped up to the eyeballs for next year.
More so when Olano recently ran a 2:34 in his first marathon... agreed... back on the gear for one last tilt... he'll run a 1:34 and still people will thing he ran the marathon clean dispite beating the world record by 45 minutes...

Olano is the best ex-rpo cyclist marathoner, no question. All that doping experience is really paying off in retirement. I wonder when he'll be on dialysis...

couchcyler said:
I thought this was a place where adults could talk rationally about cycling and racing, I am offended by your trash talk.
Okay, sorry. Read it backwards and it'll be like it never happened.

By the way for those interested, retired rider Abrahan Olano just run a Marathon a few months ago in 2h.39:19

He run his first marathon in 2005 with a time of 2h.53.07

For his last 2h.39:19 race in november 2006 he said he had trained 6 days a week, about 2 hours each day.