Armstrong runs NY Marathon in 2h59:37

sopas said:
By the way for those interested, retired rider Abrahan Olano just run a Marathon a few months ago in 2h.39:19

He run his first marathon in 2005 with a time of 2h.53.07

For his last 2h.39:19 race in november 2006 he said he had trained 6 days a week, about 2 hours each day.
It sounds like he is putting in the miles (properly) to train for a marathon. You really have to run about 50+ miles per week to do a <3 hour marathon.

Good for Olano.

lw

lwedge said:
It sounds like he is putting in the miles (properly) to train for a marathon. You really have to run about 50+ miles per week to do a <3 hour marathon.

Good for Olano.

lw
And a double blood transfusion six days prior to Nike showtime too!

Flyer's.Finale! said:
And a double blood transfusion six days prior to Nike showtime too!
I'm training for a half marathon.

Do I have to do a blood transfusion? There are suppose to be 7000 runners at the event, that's a lot of transfusions.

lw

lwedge said:

Do I have to do a blood transfusion? There are suppose to be 7000 runners at the event, that's a lot of transfusions.

lw
Wow----that's a sneaky way to reframe the question away from Lance Armstrong as a confirmed Nike drug cheat to 100% of novices as blood doping cheats too. Me thinks that you are still in deep denial.

Only those looking for a PR and have rehersed the IV feeds in advance.

Poor blood transfusions have been know to DECREASE performances too.

So get cracking with your trauma team, months prior to your peak event.

lwedge said:

lw
Yeah, you do. I did a half marathon last year and you have to turn up 3 hours before the start of the race so that they can process everyone through the big tent with "le dopage" written on top. Then everyone lines up on the start line and you hope everyone got the right amount of blood. Ambulances at every mile marker just in case.

Flyer's.Finale! said:
Wow----that's a sneaky way to reframe the question away from Lance Armstrong as a confirmed Nike drug cheat to 100% of novices as blood doping cheats too. Me thinks that you are still in deep denial.

Only those looking for a PR and have rehersed the IV feeds in advance.

Poor blood transfusions have been know to DECREASE performances too.

So get cracking with your trauma team, months prior to your peak event.
You are entertaining F2. In a repetitive and predictable way.

And besides, your question was rhetorical.

lw

Eldrack said:
Yeah, you do. I did a half marathon last year and you have to turn up 3 hours before the start of the race so that they can process everyone through the big tent with "le dopage" written on top. Then everyone lines up on the start line and you hope everyone got the right amount of blood. Ambulances at every mile marker just in case.
That's why they want so much for the entry fee... Jeez.:D

lw