Armstrong Television Interview

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by spokeking, Aug 16, 2005.

1. spokeking

spokeking New Member

I saw an interview with Lance Armstrong on one of the major networks last week (sorry, I forget which one). Anyway, during the course of the interview, doping came up, and Lance stated that he was proud that during the 2005 Tour, there were 10 private investigators following Discovery??? (I guess, he didn't really specific himself or the team). He claimed they were going through old garbage, etc.

Has anyone else heard about this? I was wondering who hired them, and what the details surrounding this were?

Thanks

Tags:

2. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

Sounds like propaganda.

3. Dead Star

Dead Star New Member

of course it is. the fans will lap it up and use it as ammunition for their cause.

4. House

House Banned

Could be propaganda, of course why would he need it, now that he is retired?

On another note this would not be unheard of since the French press have gone through his garbage and tried to get into his hotel room.

5. toa

toa New Member

And the Lance-detractors will use it on their brand of propaganda and be happy. Everybody wins [​IMG]

6. spokeking

spokeking New Member

I was talking to some guys at work about it today, and I think it was in Lance's interview with Bob Costas.

7. ccski

ccski New Member

It’s probably true it would not surprise me if they we following him around on every tour he has done, after all they got lucky in 2001 and found USP dumping Actovegin, an extract of calf's blood, Which was not banned at the time but is now (A Dr Ferrare recommendation I suspect)

8. GIFF07

GIFF07 New Member

I think its probally true, we have the paparazzi going through other celebs garbage why not Lance?

9. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

And one of the reasons why Lance doesn't travel with the team, he stays in seperate hotels with lots of security and does all his doping in the car driven by Serge. The medical waste is then blasted by rocket into space.

10. House

House Banned

He stays in seperate hotels???? That's the funniest thing I have ever heard. Who was that guy in the same hotel as the rest of the team during the Tour????

11. huhenio

huhenio New Member

Does Lance also wear a tin foil hat??

A man is innocent till proven guilty.

He pwned all others (dope or not, competition dopes or not too) so kudos to him.

12. Ullefan

Ullefan New Member

Well in the book 'Tour De Force'/'Armstrong's war', it mentions that he doesn't travel with his team anymore. I don't know if that includes hotels or not but I wouldn't be suprised given that he hires a helicopter to take him away from the 'trolls'.

13. House

House Banned

Hmmmm, interesting considering your post didn't say maybe or possibly or I think, but that he does stay at seperate hotels. Of course in the same book they talk about him in the hotels with the team, but don't let facts stand in your way.

14. Borg

Borg New Member

Lance has a private jet...no, I'm not joking. Oh yeah...no lager on tap...just EPO.