Armstrong threatened my life, claims LeMond

Callistus Valerius

Guest
Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

LeMond, who won the Tour de France in 1986, 1989, 1990, said that he had
come under pressure from Armstrong and his circle of friends after saying in
2001 that he was disappointed at the Texan cyclist's association with
Italian sports doctor Michele Ferrari.

LeMond said Sunday that the threats continued after 2001.

"Lance threatened me. He threatened my wife, my business, my life," LeMond
told French sports daily L'Equipe.

"His biggest threat consisted of saying that he (Armstrong) would find ten
people to testify that I took EPO," said LeMond, who was the first American
to win the Tour de France.

LeMond hit out at the international cycling union (UCI) for their failure to
deal with the problem of doping.

"This problem goes beyond Armstrong. The Spanish scandal (operation "Puerto"
which revealed a system of blood doping last month) is another example, the
entire system is corrupt," said LeMond, who also referred to the Vrijman
report, named after the expert commissioned by the UCI to probe the
accusations of doping against Armstrong.

"The report should have come from the world anti-doping agency (WADA, who
have criticised the report) or the French Ministry of Health. But it doesn't
change anything if you catch a rider because Lance is now retired and it
continues," added LeMond.

The 34-year-old Armstrong won seven straight Tour de France titles between
1999 and 2005 before retiring last year.

Armstrong dismissed as untrue reports Saturday that he told a doctor
treating him for cancer in 1996 that he had previously taken the banned
blood booster EPO, testosterone, growth hormones and cortisone.

Callistus Valerius says...

> Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
> threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
> seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
> affairs.

Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
true until now.

Barnard Frederick wrote:
> Callistus Valerius says...
>
> > Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
> > threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
> > seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
> > affairs.

> Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
> true until now.

>From cycling news:

LeMond added that Armstrong as a person was consumed with ambition:
"He needs power - with money, or with women. He will never find
happiness."

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> "Lance threatened me. He threatened my wife, my business, my life."

Lemond has a life?

"Barnard Frederick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Callistus Valerius says...
>
> > Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
> > threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
> > seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
> > affairs.

> Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
> true until now.

If a crime was committed, then Greg should have contacted the
authorities. Then a jury would weigh the evidence, and give their verdict.

"Barnard Frederick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Callistus Valerius says...
>
>> Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
>> threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
>> seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
>> affairs.

> Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
> true until now.

No, Bill Stapleton is the one who is crazy now that things are in
major damage control mode. Stapleton is at the point where he
may put a hit out on someone.

Wait for this winter, I'm sure Matthew White is going to drop a
bomb with inside info about what went on at USPS.

>From Wikipedia:

"In 2001, LeMond stirred up controversy, alleging that multiple-time
Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong might be doping to improve his
performance.[1] In July 2004, after additional Tour de France wins by
Armstrong, LeMond commented again, "If Armstrong's clean, it's the
greatest comeback. And if he's not, then it's the greatest fraud."[2]
He also declared "Lance is ready to do anything to keep his secret. I
don't know how he can continue to convince everybody of his innocence."
to newspaper Le Monde [3]."

Why would LeMond make his comments in 2004 if he *knew* Armstrong was
taking drugs.

Jack Maars wrote:
> "Barnard Frederick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Callistus Valerius says...
>>

>>> Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
>>>threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
>>>seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
>>>affairs.

>>Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
>>true until now.

> No, Bill Stapleton is the one who is crazy now that things are in
> major damage control mode. Stapleton is at the point where he
> may put a hit out on someone.
>
> Wait for this winter, I'm sure Matthew White is going to drop a
> bomb with inside info about what went on at USPS.

OK, I guess I was asleep or something, so tell me - Why is Matthew White
the one most likely to know or most likely to tell? What makes him the one?

Mark

Greg is really strange he tries to act like Lance's friend and then
makes these wild accusation Greg tried acting like he was Armstrong's
friend at the Tour presentation last year. Then at last years tdf he
goes to visit Lance at his team bus during the tdf. Whatever
crediblilty Greg had it's gone now unless he can show some evidence to
substantiate his claims.
Barnard Frederick wrote:
> Callistus Valerius says...
>
> > Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
> > threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
> > seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
> > affairs.

> Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
> true until now.

> > Wait for this winter, I'm sure Matthew White is going to drop a
> > bomb with inside info about what went on at USPS.

> OK, I guess I was asleep or something, so tell me - Why is Matthew White
> the one most likely to know or most likely to tell? What makes him the

one?

> Mark

-------------

So Lance has to wack him too?

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> So Lance has to wack him too?

The dutch mafia coffers must be swelling.

On 25 Jun 2006 17:25:03 -0700, "MMan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Callistus Valerius wrote:
>> "Lance threatened me. He threatened my wife, my business, my life."

>Lemond has a life?

So he infers.

Apparently a business, too. That's what the blister packs at Target infer.

Ron

[email protected] wrote:
> Barnard Frederick wrote:
>
>>Callistus Valerius says...
>>

>>> Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
>>>threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
>>>seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
>>>affairs.

>>Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
>>true until now.

>>From cycling news:

> LeMond added that Armstrong as a person was consumed with ambition:
> "He needs power - with money, or with women. He will never find
> happiness."

Who cares, it's not his life.

Then again, maybe Lance is after his wife.

Wow, that image is giving me the giggles.

--
Scott Johnson / scottjohnson at kc dot rr dot com

Here's my version of what LeMond bases his claim on:

Greg---"Lance, you're a fraud."
Lance---"Want to go mano-a-mano up L'Alpe d'Huez? I'll kill you!"

"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> OK, I guess I was asleep or something, so tell me - Why is Matthew White
> the one most likely to know or most likely to tell? What makes him the
> one?

It goes back to the 2001 and 2002 season.

Mat and Cedric Vasseur became very bitter about the way things were
being run on Postal.

Vasseur was left off the '01 TdF and never told why.
The -01 tour started in Dunquerque, where Cedric was living !!
Lance had Cedric on the ' blacklist' for calling lance a cheapskate
for the way the price money from the '00 tour was handled.

Lance and Bruyneel put the blame on Dan Osipow.

Anyway, Mat was in great form in '03, coming in seventh place in the
Quatre Jours de Dunkerque and then being left of the TdF team!!!

And then only getting three days notice that he's riding the Vuelta!

And why was Lance's bodyguard seen "doing something" so close to
where Mat broke his collarbone when riding for Cofidis during the '04
TdF.

Yes, only a matter of time before Mat and Cedric come forth with the STUFF!

Callistus Valerius wrote:

> > > Wait for this winter, I'm sure Matthew White is going to drop a
> > > bomb with inside info about what went on at USPS.

> > OK, I guess I was asleep or something, so tell me - Why is Matthew White
> > the one most likely to know or most likely to tell? What makes him the

> one?
> >
> > Mark

> -------------
>
> So Lance has to wack him too?

These allegations of Greg Lemond are shocking!. It seems so out of
character for Lance to make threats, or threaten retribution, in order
to keep somebody from makiong embarrassing revelations about him.

Maybe Lance should get his good pal Filippo Simeoni to testify in
hos defense, as a character witness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Simeoni

I'm not saying that we should conclude that "where there is smoke,
there is fire". On the other hand, there is simply a tremendous amount
of smoke billowing about the uber-refined Golden Boy image of Lance
Armstrong.

I suspect that the floodgates on allegations have now opened up, now
the LA is no long the "Padrone" of the TdF peloton. There is a bit of a
wolfpack syndrome, where there is strength in numbers. More rivals will
"reluctantly" give testimony which embarrasses and implicates
Armstrong.