Armstrong To Refuse To Comply With Sca Promotions Award

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Texan's attorney says Armstrong offered $10 million settlement before award

The attorneys for SCA Promotions have issued a petition to a Texas district court to confirm the $10 million award decided by an arbitration panel against Lance Armstrong, one that if accepted would compel Armstrong to pay. In the petition, they write that "Mr. Armstrong has indicated that he will refuse to comply with the Award", but Armstrong's lawyer Tim Herman said in a statement that Armstrong had already offered to pay SCA Promotions the $10 million, but they refused to accept it.

The panel decided earlier this month to sanction Armstrong $10 million for repeated perjury, intimidation of witnesses, and for showing no remorse in duping SCA Promotions out of $5 million in bonuses for winning the Tour de France while cheating by using performance enhancing drugs.

Link: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-to-refuse-to-comply-with-sca-promotions-award

There's a pattern here which is the same pattern that got Armstrong in to trouble in the first place.

When a set of facts are presented, either Armstrong himself or some lackey that he employs, comes out with some waffle about how Armstrong made an offer, or had made something available, which the other side refused to accept.

Armstrong still can't accept that he's in the wrong and has to be seen to be proactive.

I hope Bob Harmon gets every single cent €10 million.

limerickman said:
There's a pattern here which is the same pattern that got Armstrong in to trouble in the first place.

When a set of facts are presented, either Armstrong himself or some lackey that he employs, comes out with some waffle about how Armstrong made an offer, or had made something available, which the other side refused to accept.

Armstrong still can't accept that he's in the wrong and has to be seen to be proactive.

I think this is a very good observation.

Reactions: limerickman
limerickman said:

Yeah I've noticed that as well, to me it's just further incriminating, it's the kind of typical defence you see where there really is none. The approach Armstrong (and by extension his lackeys) has had to the legal disputes has at times seemed more immoral to me than his original crime (a crime I'm sure many pro-cyclists are committing all the time, it's a dirty, dirty competitive community)

Reactions: limerickman