Armstrong used EPO in 99?

No Ullrich in 99 so the only thing he will test positive to is donuts and beer !

Ullefan said:
She'll go to thepaceline.com and copy and paste armstrong's statement and underline ''faulty science.''

wait a minute, we can't rule out the possibility that Jan could be positive? Is it just 99 samples right?

Reaction in the cycling community has been swift and mixed in the aftermath of revelations in French paper L'Equipe that Lance Armstrong allegedly tested positive for EPO use at the 1999 Tour de France. "I feel disappointment inside me," Tour de France director Jean-Marie Leblanc said Tuesday.

Leblanc answered "yes" when asked if he felt let down by the seven-times Tour de France champion, but added that caution was nonetheless still the order of the day.
"I remain cautious and slightly circumspect, but this is troubling and I feel disappointment inside me, like many sports lovers must do," Leblanc said in an interview on French radio station RTL.

Hein Verbruggen, president of the International Cycling Union (UCI), also took a wait-and-see stance, but hinted that legal recourse against Armstrong could be envisioned.

"We have to wait and see if this is true. Only then will we be able to ask ourselves whether there should be any legal action and whether this is a further blow for cycling," Verbruggen said.

"I have to say this is not pleasant but, for the moment, it only involves Lance Armstrong and France."

Reaction from the peloton itself has swung closer to the side of Armstrong.

"Why is this coming out now... It seems a little bizarre," recently retired French breakaway artist Jacky Durand said.

"I've got real doubts on the veracity of these accusations. All this is out of my realm of expertise, but this has thrown me for a loop."

French former Tour de France winner Laurent Fignon was more blunt in his assessment of the Armstrong brouhaha: "I don't give a sh**. 1999? This is ancient history. What does this prove and what does this solve?"

"What interests me now is keeping the next generation of cyclists clean and drug-free."

MJtje said:
Oke some more quotes all from belgian newspapers:

Simeoni: 'This is the proof that I always spoke the truth. I took responsibility in this case!' (funny that an ex-dopers says that.........ah well:rolleyes: )

***** Vloet: 'What I always said is that LA (pre-cancer) was no climber; he became a climber, but you don't learn that....

'I've never worked witht the men so I can't say if he did dope, but he should tell how it is possible that he can ride alpe d'huez with 25 km/hour.....'

'He never impressed me. I have known him before his disease and after. After his disease he was a completely different person!'

source: www.sport.be

On EuroSport2 News they just said Tyler Hamilton is due to make a statement shortly !

***** is one man who knows the game... I trust his opionion....

MJtje said:

Simeoni: 'This is the proof that I always spoke the truth. I took responsibility in this case!' (funny that an ex-dopers says that.........ah well:rolleyes: )

***** Vloet: 'What I always said is that LA (pre-cancer) was no climber; he became a climber, but you don't learn that....

'I've never worked witht the men so I can't say if he did dope, but he should tell how it is possible that he can ride alpe d'huez with 25 km/hour.....'

'He never impressed me. I have known him before his disease and after. After his disease he was a completely different person!'

whiteboytrash said:
Yes musette is prowling the Disco websites and cannot find any good news.... :)

I wonder what Jan's and Basso's reaction will be......... ?
Basso's reaction is probably "thank fk i wasnt in the 99 Tour" and Jans probably thinking the same thing whilst busy cacthing a virus or eating a pie.

This isnt entirely unexpected.Those of us who are objective and not partisan can see that all top pro's bend the rules at some stage.You dont win the Tour on mineral water.
So , Lance isnt the miracle man he likes people to think he is (thats just smoke and mirrors for his foundation but at least its for a worthy cause) , but it still changes very little.He's still proven to be the strongest cyclist - or do you think his main rivals are all squeaky clean too?

Dont forget the article states the tests cannot be verified and there could be a flaw.

Whatever way you slice or dice it , if true , its a bad day for cycling.What i cannot understand are the bitter idiots who jump up and down with glee about this.Im betting you were big Pantani fans aswell right?
Theres alot at stake here , not just Lances rep or wallet.

Have a read of the last paragraph here, its a classic ! I have done a Mussette and underlined the important lies..... :)

STATEMENT OF LANCE ARMSTRONG, U.S. POSTAL SERVICE PRO CYCLING TEAM
For many years now, dating back to 1990, Chris Carmichael has been my coach and most important technical and training advisor. Others who work with Chris include Johan Bruyneel, my director sportif, John Cobb, in charge of aerodynamics, Dr. Luis del Moral, our team physician and Jeff Spencer my chiropractor.

Also included are my close friends, former Belgian champion Eddy Merckx and former Motorola team director Jim Ochowitz.

Chris and I met Michele Ferrari during a training camp in San Diego, California, in 1995. His primary role has always been limited. Since Chris cannot be in Europe on an ongoing basis, Michele does my physiological testing and provides Chris with that data on a regular basis. Chris has grown to trust Michele's opinion regarding my testing and my form on the bike. And lately, we have been specifically working on a run at the hour record. I do not know exactly when I will do that, only that I will in the near future.

He has also consulted with Chris and me on dieting, altitude preparation, hypoxic training and the use of altitude tents, which are all natural methods of improvements.

In the past, I have never denied my relationship with Michele Ferrari. On the other hand, I have never gone out of my way to publicize it. The reason for that is that he has had a questionable public reputation due to the irresponsible comments he made in 1994 regarding EPO.

I want to make it clear that I do not associate myself with those remarks or, for that matter, with anyone who utilizes unethical sporting procedures. However, in my personal experience I have never had occasion to question the ethics or standard of care of Michele. Specifically, he has never discussed EPO with me and I have never used it.

I have always been very clear on the necessity of cycling to be a clean sport and I have firmly stated that anyone, including me, who tests positive for banned substances should be severely punished.

As everyone knows, I am one of the very few riders who have no prescriptions in my health book. I have been repeatedly tested during my career including during the entire 1999 and 2000 Tours de France and most recently during the Tour de Suisse ten days ago.

MJtje said:

whiteboytrash said:
On EuroSport2 News they just said Tyler Hamilton is due to make a statement shortly !

***** is one man who knows the game... I trust his opionion....

I doubt Tyler will make a statement other than he believes Armstong is clean and that Lance now faces the same **** he is facing, people claiming retroactively (Olympics 2004) that his test is positive when it was declared negative at that time.

This is the perfect crime...I mean on the part of the French. How can they prove chain of custody over 5-6 years? How can they prove the validity of the test on frozen urine that old? What are the controls? How can they prove someone didnt doctor the tests or switch labels etc, which were run anonymously according to the lab itself. The LAB said they cant prove the tests were Lance's. How can Lance, the athlete, have recourse for any protection of his reputation since there is no B sample and the tests are retroactive now six years. This is the protection offered each athlete when the A sample turns positive to go to the lab where the B sample is, identify it as a sample that he gave and monitor the testing of the sample.

And what about the lab and doctors who ran the tests. When they turned positive in 2004, why didnt they notify WADA and UCI--BECUASE THEY KNEW THEY COULDNT AND SHOULDNT BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE POINTS.

Geez

Not to forget , this test could have been done several years ago.So why now?
The fact the test cannot be proven or disproven one way or other means the riders names should have never come into the public domain.Thats pretty malicious.

That makes it more dubious as to what has been going on as it just so happens to be Armstrongs name and L'Equipe have never hidden their agenda where he is concerned - they want to bring him down.

Given all of that , my views havent really changed.You dont win a Tour by being squeaky clean , let alone 7 , so tell me something i dont know , yet L'Equipe are typical journalist scum bags - of the worst kind - they have an axe to grind.So take what you read with a big pinch of salt.

Jumping up and down for joy though makes you look like an idiot.
If L'Equipe reported that Ullrich was a doper id be equally unconcerned but i certainly wouldnt be happy (seeing as he's a rider i admire)
Your prejudices against 1 person though cloud your judgement.Youre far too bitter to see things in perspective.

They were not testing for EPO in 1999 so the riders new they could take it without the risk of getting caught. L'Equipe journalists compared the urinary sample numbers of the 1999 anti-doping controls with the - unnamed - results of extensive retrospective testing by French Laboratoire national de dépistage du dopage de Châtenay-Malabry (LNDD), which were communicated to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) today.

The journalists identified Lance Armstrong's samples by finding the sample numbers on the 1999 doping control reports, which are available at various institutions at the French cycling federation as well as the International Cycling Union (UCI).

The retrospective testing was carried out since December 2004 on the entirety of the Tour de France 1999 B samples, and determined twelve positive samples - six of which belonged to Lance Armstrong.

Are you telling me that the UCI and WADA doctored the results and switched the labels ? Hmmmmm are you serious ?

The lab tester did not know whose samples they were testing only that they brought back a positive result for EPO. It was the L'Equipe journalists who did the cross referencing to find the names of the riders who were positive and not dodgy lab technicians as you state.

hombredesubaru said:
I doubt Tyler will make a statement other than he believes Armstong is clean and that Lance now faces the same **** he is facing, people claiming retroactively (Olympics 2004) that his test is positive when it was declared negative at that time.

This is the perfect crime...I mean on the part of the French. How can they prove chain of custody over 5-6 years? How can they prove the validity of the test on frozen urine that old? What are the controls? How can they prove someone didnt doctor the tests or switch labels etc, which were run anonymously according to the lab itself. The LAB said they cant prove the tests were Lance's. How can Lance, the athlete, have recourse for any protection of his reputation since there is no B sample and the tests are retroactive now six years. This is the protection offered each athlete when the A sample turns positive to go to the lab where the B sample is, identify it as a sample that he gave and monitor the testing of the sample.

And what about the lab and doctors who ran the tests. When they turned positive in 2004, why didnt they notify WADA and UCI--BECUASE THEY KNEW THEY COULDNT AND SHOULDNT BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE POINTS.

Geez

whiteboytrash said:
No Ullrich in 99 so the only thing he will test positive to is donuts and beer !
Yeah just checking if this just equates to 99 when obviously Ullrich wasn't riding.:p

Can you say "Witch Hunt?" 99 urine samples! WTF! The French couldn't beat him for seven-That's right!-SEVEN years, so let's pull out some frozen **** and try again! Why keep samples for seven years other than the for the reason of trying to discredit a great rider.

Maybe the alians gave him some futureistic drug and the frozen samples can be tested in 3015?????????

No, WADA stated in late 1999 early 2000 that they have a test for EPO but they need more time to develop it so it was water tight. They made an announcement that they would be retrospectively back dating their testing from 1999 onwards. The UCI adopted this policy as well and made a statement to the same effect. This is probably why he didn't test positive in 2000 because he knew there was a valid EPO test.

So it all above board and was announced back in 1999 and was official policy of WADA and the UCI. It’s only now that L’Equipe have undertaken the cross referencing of the names of the riders tested and the coloration to the urine sample test result. So its not the French who are after him its just procedure that the UCI and WADA have followed.

Now if you're calling WADA and the UCI witch hunters and have the problem then I think you better slow down as you may have the problem !

snyper0311 said:
Can you say "Witch Hunt?" 99 urine samples! WTF! The French couldn't beat him for seven-That's right!-SEVEN years, so let's pull out some frozen **** and try again! Why keep samples for seven years other than the for the reason of trying to discredit a great rider.

Maybe the alians gave him some futureistic drug and the frozen samples can be tested in 3015?????????

it is from reading this forum that i'm glad i'm from europe and able to understand what the proper cycling media write :D

Jan has talked about the situation in his diary, i'm waiting for the english translation.

This is the best I can do in two minutes.... ! :) Enjoy......

This morning we were all looking forward to the finish in Bonn. However we learned from our Marketing Manager Luuc Eisenga the reports in L’Equipe newspaper (or something like this or did he mean the team standing’s ? Jan’s German us worst than mine !). As I got stuck into my plate of Museli and fruit for breakfast Maste Kessler and Luuc informed us that Lance had tested positive in the 1999 Tour. Gerolsteiner were on the table next to us and naturally the same as us they were surprised just as we were by this report.

The story spread itself through the peleton like fire and was the subject of the day ! Each rider had their own opinions and thoughts on the matter and many discussed these with me. At this moment I don’t have all the information and it would be unwise to make further judgment or comment until the full story is received. However I would be disappointed if this report confirms to be true.

Ullefan said:

Nothing wrong with my translations right:D

Dead Star said:
it is from reading this forum that i'm glad i'm from europe and able to understand what the proper cycling media write :D

whiteboytrash said:
This is the best I can do in two minutes.... ! :) Enjoy......

This morning we were all looking forward to the finish in Bonn. However we learned from our Marketing Manager Luuc Eisenga the reports in L’Equipe newspaper (or something like this or did he mean the team standing’s ? Jan’s German us worst than mine !). As I got stuck into my plate of Museli and fruit for breakfast Maste Kessler and Luuc informed us that Lance had tested positive in the 1999 Tour. Gerolsteiner were on the table next to us and naturally the same as us they were surprised just as we were by this report.

The story spread itself through the peleton like fire and was the subject of the day ! Each rider had their own opinions and thoughts on the matter and many discussed these with me. At this moment I don’t have all the information and it would be unwise to make further judgment or comment until the full story is received. However I would be disappointed if this report confirms to be true.
Your translation is superb!

We were all looking forward to a nice finale in Bonn. But then this morning we heard from our team press officer Luuc Eisenga, that L’Equipe were reporting that Lance allegedly tested positive in 1999. I had already filled up a bowl with muesli and fruit and had sat down at the breakfast table with Matse Kessler, when Luuc came in and broke the news to us. The Gerolsteiner riders were at the table beside us, and they were of course, just as surprised with the report as we were.

The news spread like wildfire and it was the big topic of conversation in the peloton during the day. Everybody heard something about it and we discussed it among each other. Right now, I, like everyone else, am not fully informed on the situation so I am not going to make any hasty judgements on what is just speculation. But it is clear that I would be very disappointed if there was truth behind the reports.

For me it is particularly important to congratulate Levi Leipheimer on the overall win. He and the whole Gerolsteiner rode a very solid tour and deserved the win.

Tomorrow I ma off to Jena for Jens Heppners farewell race – it is an absolute honour to be involved. Next week I am in action in Ravensburg and i will be a guest at the Eurobike in Friedrichhafen. But slowly my season is starting to wind down. I am really quite pleased about that, as I have noticed here at the Deutschland-Tour that I am really tired and that every day on the bike has been more of a struggle.
http://www.t-mobile-team.com/cms/tmoteam/en/archive/news/templateId=renderInternalPage/yearID=2005/monthID=7/itemID=71106/id=41212.html