Armstrong used epo in Le Tour de France 1999

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/12472347.htm

<<After winning his final Tour last month, Armstrong addressed those who expect fire under all that smoke.
"I'm sorry for you," Armstrong said. "I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles."

Well, Lance, we'd like to. We really would. Unfortunately, we keep learning more and more bad things about many of the people we've admired for their athletic achievements. The more we know, the harder it is to believe in miracles.

The more we know, the less we want to know.>>

i want to know as much as possible about the biggest cheater in sport history

m.indurain said:
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/12472347.htm

<<After winning his final Tour last month, Armstrong addressed those who expect fire under all that smoke.
"I'm sorry for you," Armstrong said. "I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles."

Well, Lance, we'd like to. We really would. Unfortunately, we keep learning more and more bad things about many of the people we've admired for their athletic achievements. The more we know, the harder it is to believe in miracles.

The more we know, the less we want to know.>>

i want to know as much as possible about the biggest cheater in sport history

Three weeks is a long time.
Funny how perspectives change.

The LA fans were going on about how the 05 TDF was great - and what a great speech LA did at the end of the TDF.

Then when the latest evidence of their heroes cheating materialised in L'Equipe - they started having a pop at Jean Marie LeBlanc (the TDF main man) when he said that he felt "deceived by LA".

I agree - miracles and sport don't mix.

limerickman said:
Three weeks is a long time.
Funny how perspectives change.

The LA fans were going on about how the 05 TDF was great - and what a great speech LA did at the end of the TDF.

Then when the latest evidence of their heroes cheating materialised in L'Equipe - they started having a pop at Jean Marie LeBlanc (the TDF main man) when he said that he felt "deceived by LA".

I agree - miracles and sport don't mix.

Well said!

If Armstrong would have just SHUT UP and said "no comment" to drug allegations all through his past, like most pro's do, then this whole Armstrong/drug use issue would be WAY smaller and probably a non issue!

I hope this whole epo in the urine thing goes all the way!
It's time for this man to "pay the piper"!

Armstrong was already caught with drugs in his system but many believed his cover up BS....as if all pro's and team doctors don't know exactly what is in each "medicine" they take.....for God sake NOBODY uses a saddle cream with a cortico steroid in it for two reasons......the drug will show up in blood work, AND corticosteroids thin the skin and are NEVER used by any rider to treat saddle sores!

NOW a lab has found traces of epo metabolites in saved urine .....but many will chose to believe the BS that has, and will, be spewed from Armstrongs mouth to cover this up.
I say let several labs test it NOW!

TiMan

I summarize:

The acknowledged laboratory in paris determined during scientific investigations (ordered by wada) that 12 of 70 urin samples taken during the tour 1999 contain artificial epo.

The laboratory did not know, tho whom the samples belong (the test of the urin samples is anonymous)

The laboratory submits the samples to wada.

The name of the riders would not be published by the authorities, because it were scientific investigations

The french newspaper "equipe" investigated and found out that 6 of the 12 positive samples belong to lance armstrong (in the tv the editor confirmed, that he is 100% sure that the samples belong to armstrong).

We can be grateful to the newspaper. Otherwise we would still have no facts about the biggest cheater in sport history on the table.

A dna analyses of the samples is possible, so it can be additonally confirmed that they belong to armstrong.

The scientific investigations also show that the tour 99 was much more clean than the tour 98. In 1999 there were 12 of 80 samples positive (and 50% belong to armstrong …). In 1998 there were 40 of 70 samples positive.

Conclusion:

armstrong was doped with epo during the tour 1999 (and most possibly - with other drugs - during all other tours). He took advantage of the scandal 1998: 1999 much less riders were doped with epo. As a rider that had to give up the tour befor his cancer several times (with no talent for general classification of big tours), he was able to win now with the help of epo (and most possibly other drugs).

there is no legal handles against him, i.e. he can keep his 7 tour “victories”

armstrong will for sure not court against wada, laboratory or newspaper, because the dna analyses will show that the 6 samples of 1999 belong to him.

The hope remains that in armstrongs current court hearings (because of doping accusations), they will use the results of the investigation, i.e. it will take place nevertheless an dna analysis and the results are consulted to confirm that he is a cheater.

If Armstrong would have just SHUT UP and said "no comment" to drug allegations all through his past, like most pro's do, then this whole Armstrong/drug use issue would be WAY smaller and probably a non issue!

That's the hub of the issue right there.
He's backed himself into a corner now.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens.
I personally think that his reputation is irrepairably damaged now.
Just howw much worse it gets is up to the media/labratories/UCI.

The problem is the UCI has ALWAYS backed LA..........would be interesting to see if they (verbruggen) have some balls to admit it.........

However politics is HUGE in cycling........cover-ups are made a lot and I suspect that Verbruggen won't say much on this subject.....

Unless people around LA will speak to the media and then verbruggen can't deny it anymore.....

ives said:
That's the hub of the issue right there.
He's backed himself into a corner now.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens.
I personally think that his reputation is irrepairably damaged now.
Just howw much worse it gets is up to the media/labratories/UCI.