Armstrong will not win another tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Hold My Beer An, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. You heard it here first.

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    And Brian knows better... who can POSSIBLY and REALISTICALLY beat Lance next year?

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > You heard it here first.

  3. "Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Your a dick trdina....

    Tradina may be a dick but not because of that post.

    Armstrong very may well not win another Tour, only time will tell.

  4. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

  5. Sm

    Sm Guest

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > You heard it here first.

    Hmmm you must be one of the guys that said that there is no way anyone would survive the degree of
    cancer he had, or one of them who wrote him off after the first ITT... T.....R....O....L....L

  6. G

    G Guest

    Age Other racers improving One other racer not crashing Lance crashing sickness getting slower

    Thats 7 sofar..

    Hope this helps GK

    Jiyang Chen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What's to prevent him from winning another one? "Kurgan Gringioni"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > > > Your a dick trdina....
    > >

    > > Tradina may be a dick but not because of that post.
    > >

    > > Armstrong very may well not win another Tour, only time will tell.

  7. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > You heard it here first.

    Entirely possible. Thats what makes the sport so great. Roll on the Vuelta.

    Stan Cox

  8. Steve D

    Steve D Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:02:32 +0800, [email protected] (g) wrote:

    >Age Other racers improving One other racer not crashing Lance crashing sickness getting slower
    >
    >Thats 7 sofar..

    This all happened this year and he still won...

  9. Matthew Warner wrote:
    > Your a dick trdina....
    >
    > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> You heard it here first.

    Learn grammar and stop top posting..

  10. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >And Brian knows better... who can POSSIBLY and REALISTICALLY beat Lance next year?

    I don't think any of these guys. But you never know. Someone that never rode Le Tour may come and
    wipe all the rest of the field away. It already happened and it may happen again.

    >"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:p[email protected]...
    >> You heard it here first.

  11. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Has someone said this after each win?

    I also remember lots of people saying Lance was done this year. Where are those people? "hold my
    beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > You heard it here first.

  12. Curt

    Curt Guest

    well, if you keep saying this every year one year you will be correct and be able to gloat. To be
    sure it will be harder for Lance each year left in his career.

    Curt

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > You heard it here first.

  13. Evan Bigall

    Evan Bigall Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > What's to prevent him from winning another one?

    My guess is that you will see a very "anti Lance" course next year. Modest stages, flat ITTs, short
    TTT. In a sense you could say that's unfair, but really, if he wants to earn himself a step in
    history above Mercx, shouldn't that really be earned? I'm sure thats how The Society will see it...

    He may win, but to do it, he'll have to show up with a lot more in the bag then he did this year.

    Evan www.whereisevan.com

  14. Karhu

    Karhu Guest

    [email protected] (Evan Bigall) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My guess is that you will see a very "anti Lance" course next year. Modest stages, flat ITTs,
    > short TTT. In a sense you could say that's unfair, but really, if he wants to earn himself a
    > step in history above Mercx, shouldn't that really be earned? I'm sure thats how The Society
    > will see it...
    >
    > He may win, but to do it, he'll have to show up with a lot more in the bag then he did this year.
    >
    > Evan www.whereisevan.com

    It´s not possible to tailor make an anti Lance course, unless the powers that be decide to drop all
    TTs and mountain stages.... The difficulty of the course will only affect the margin of victory, not
    the eventual outcome. Lance is just to good for the current generation of riders.

  15. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003

    What would be a true anti lance course...Would it be one to favor the climbers like simoni and mayo or would it be a TT course made for Jan. If it was at TT course then there is only one person who can even dream of challenging Lance. There will also be big mountains as the crowds come out. Not to mention that big mountains mean heroics for french riders think vireque, jalabert. Even in the TTT a short course may not benifit armstrong. If Botero was healthy and Vino continues his improvement then they might be the best. CSC could also challenge. Millar is also looking to move next year and he could put one of many teams way over postal in the TTT. So the TTT might actually be an advantage for other teams if they make a concerted effort.

  16. "lazysegall" <[email protected]> wrote in message >

    > What would be a true anti lance course...

    Iraq.

    In July.

  17. Joeg

    Joeg Guest

    hold my beer and watch this... wrote:
    > You heard it here first.

    LOL -- I've heard that 4 years in a row...

  18. Jon Meyers

    Jon Meyers Guest

    "Ken Papai" wrote...
    > "hold my beer and watch this..." wrote...
    > > You heard it here first.
    >
    > And Brian knows better... who can POSSIBLY and REALISTICALLY beat Lance next year?

    Newbie question, here--so go easy... It seems to me that a guy who can finish 4th with a broken
    collarbone could mount a serious challenge if he stays healthy. How can you rule out Hamilton so
    emphatically?

    --
    Jon Meyers [To reply, lose your way.]

  19. Dashi Toshii