Armstrong will not win another tour

"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> You heard it here first.

Hmmm you must be one of the guys that said that there is no way anyone would survive the degree of
cancer he had, or one of them who wrote him off after the first ITT... T.....R....O....L....L

Age Other racers improving One other racer not crashing Lance crashing sickness getting slower

Thats 7 sofar..

Hope this helps GK

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:02:32 +0800, [email protected] (g) wrote:

>Age Other racers improving One other racer not crashing Lance crashing sickness getting slower
>
>Thats 7 sofar..

This all happened this year and he still won...

Matthew Warner wrote:
> Your a **** trdina....
>
> "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote:
>> You heard it here first.

Learn grammar and stop top posting..

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

>And Brian knows better... who can POSSIBLY and REALISTICALLY beat Lance next year?

I don't think any of these guys. But you never know. Someone that never rode Le Tour may come and
wipe all the rest of the field away. It already happened and it may happen again.

>"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> You heard it here first.

well, if you keep saying this every year one year you will be correct and be able to gloat. To be
sure it will be harder for Lance each year left in his career.

Curt

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> What's to prevent him from winning another one?

My guess is that you will see a very "anti Lance" course next year. Modest stages, flat ITTs, short
TTT. In a sense you could say that's unfair, but really, if he wants to earn himself a step in
history above Mercx, shouldn't that really be earned? I'm sure thats how The Society will see it...

He may win, but to do it, he'll have to show up with a lot more in the bag then he did this year.

Evan www.whereisevan.com

[email protected] (Evan Bigall) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> My guess is that you will see a very "anti Lance" course next year. Modest stages, flat ITTs,
> short TTT. In a sense you could say that's unfair, but really, if he wants to earn himself a
> step in history above Mercx, shouldn't that really be earned? I'm sure thats how The Society
> will see it...
>
> He may win, but to do it, he'll have to show up with a lot more in the bag then he did this year.
>
> Evan www.whereisevan.com

It´s not possible to tailor make an anti Lance course, unless the powers that be decide to drop all
TTs and mountain stages.... The difficulty of the course will only affect the margin of victory, not
the eventual outcome. Lance is just to good for the current generation of riders.

Originally posted by Karhu
[email protected] (Evan Bigall) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> My guess is that you will see a very "anti Lance" course next year. Modest stages, flat ITTs,
> short TTT. In a sense you could say that's unfair, but really, if he wants to earn himself a
> step in history above Mercx, shouldn't that really be earned? I'm sure thats how The Society
> will see it...
>
> He may win, but to do it, he'll have to show up with a lot more in the bag then he did this year.
>
> Evan www.whereisevan.com

It´s not possible to tailor make an anti Lance course, unless the powers that be decide to drop all
TTs and mountain stages.... The difficulty of the course will only affect the margin of victory, not
the eventual outcome. Lance is just to good for the current generation of riders.

What would be a true anti lance course...Would it be one to favor the climbers like simoni and mayo or would it be a TT course made for Jan. If it was at TT course then there is only one person who can even dream of challenging Lance. There will also be big mountains as the crowds come out. Not to mention that big mountains mean heroics for french riders think vireque, jalabert. Even in the TTT a short course may not benifit armstrong. If Botero was healthy and Vino continues his improvement then they might be the best. CSC could also challenge. Millar is also looking to move next year and he could put one of many teams way over postal in the TTT. So the TTT might actually be an advantage for other teams if they make a concerted effort.

hold my beer and watch this... wrote:
> You heard it here first.

LOL -- I've heard that 4 years in a row...

"Ken Papai" wrote...
> "hold my beer and watch this..." wrote...
> > You heard it here first.
>
> And Brian knows better... who can POSSIBLY and REALISTICALLY beat Lance next year?

Newbie question, here--so go easy... It seems to me that a guy who can finish 4th with a broken
collarbone could mount a serious challenge if he stays healthy. How can you rule out Hamilton so
emphatically?

--
Jon Meyers [To reply, lose your way.]