Armstrong will positively destroy the field at Leadville!

Bike N Ski said:
(sans Wiens)
Yeah, let's just forget about that pesky Wiens fellow. :confused:

Armstrong didn't do any better than Landis. They both finished a couple of minutes behind Wiens. The difference is that FLandis was out of shape and overweight during the Spring because of his arbitration hearing and book promotion. Armstrong was in marathon shape during the same point in the year Landis was eating junk food and sitting in front of the arbs.

Armstrong just isn't the same without Dr. Ferrari's preparation. Either that or Wiens should go over to Europe and win a few TdFs.

Bro Deal said:
Yeah, let's just forget about that pesky Wiens fellow. :confused:

Armstrong didn't do any better than Landis. They both finished a couple of minutes behind Wiens. The difference is that FLandis was out of shape and overweight during the Spring because of his arbitration hearing and book promotion. Armstrong was in marathon shape during the same point in the year Landis was eating junk food and sitting in front of the arbs.

Armstrong just isn't the same without Dr. Ferrari's preparation. Either that or Wiens should go over to Europe and win a few TdFs.

"At the end I realized I was totally cooked ... I haven't done a 7-hour ride in four and half years."

what he meant was... "I haven't been on a full blood doping program for four and half years"

"I thought fark ! I didn't realize what a big difference the dope makes."

Q. What do Wiens, Pantani and many others have in common?
A. They have all been given races by Lance.

How is it that a fat, out of shape, beer drinking, corporate spokeman, Hollywood clubbin', sex-addicted old man named Lance Armstrong can completely annihilate a field of 1000 or so hardcore riders. Let's face it, he is not a normal athlete. It's not dope, it's luck. He was born with superior parts.

My guess is that Wiens was sucking wheel all day. He broke the course record by more than 10 minutes I think, undoubtedly thanks to Lance.

No_Positives said:

How is it that a fat, out of shape, beer drinking, corporate spokeman, Hollywood clubbin', sex-addicted old man named Lance Armstrong can completely annihilate a field of 1000 or so hardcore riders. Let's face it, he is not a normal athlete. It's not dope, it's luck. He was born with superior parts.

My guess is that Wiens was sucking wheel all day. He broke the course record by more than 10 minutes I think, undoubtedly thanks to Lance.
Wow I miss you being around more.....seriously. We are at an enormous deficit of people such as yourself around. Please keep posting.

Oh yea, forgot to ask, how did that Astana getting invited to the tour thingie work out?

No_Positives said:

I am pretty sure Lance let Dave win becuase Dave looks like Lance's Mom

No_Positives said:

You're really loosing your touch, I've smelt better bait at a shop run by a hillbilly in 100 degree heat with no air conditioning.

No_Positives said:
It's LOSING!!!!!!!!!! God damnit why can't people spell LOSING. WTF? WTF? WTF? This pisses me off more than Wiens doping.
It's so close in spelling to loser, which would explain your familiarity with it.

No_Positives said:
It's LOSING!!!!!!!!!! God damnit why can't people spell LOSING. WTF? WTF? WTF? This pisses me off more than Wiens doping.
Duh N_P... it was a lesson on how to bait properly.

Hook, line and sinker....
biggrin.gif

Good show by Armstrong. Guess it shows how much MTB'ers suck when a retired roadie who spends all his time partying and chasing tail can whoop up on them so easily.

I think he did pretty well really. If he put effort in to to train for this particular event, he could well win it. No mean feat for someone who has been retired for a few years.

No_Positives said:
Great pictures. What's with Wiens walking it on a 2% grade? Looks like riders at my local century.

main-39.jpg

I think the reason he is pushing is he knows whats coming, Lance goes past him but get off and pushes himself a few seconds later, at the top Wiens is in front of him....just. Experience counts.

Like I say he did well, but you don't have to go over the top about him, he is/was an exceptional athlete, but there are a few others out there too, anyone see Phelps today, ****** alien that guy is :eek:

No_Positives said:
realy? speling errears bugg you,

biggrin.gif

ad9898 said:
I think the reason he is pushing is he knows whats coming, Lance goes past him but get off and pushes himself a few seconds later, at the top Wiens is in front of him....just. Experience counts.

Like I say he did well, but you don't have to go over the top about him, he is/was an exceptional athlete, but there are a few others out there too, anyone see Phelps today, ****** alien that guy is :eek:
No_Positives is only trolling here; she makes statements such as that to rub our noses in the doping accomplishments of the man with one ball. He becomes more and more irrelevant each day, so her shtick is running thin. This may be her last shot at glory, so let her enjoy it.

ad9898 said:
I think he did pretty well really. If he put effort in to to train for this particular event, he could well win it. No mean feat for someone who has been retired for a few years.
Wiens is over forty-five or forty-six years old. Leadville is basically an amateur event where most of the riders are there to earn a belt buckle or beat their best time. Any euro pro could show up and do well.

FLandis was more impressive last year because he was definitely out of shape last Spring. Armstrong on the other hand, has kept in decent shape ever since retirement.

As fscyclist mentioned, mountain biking in the U.S. has really declined in the last ten or so years.

C'dale Girl said:
Wtf does Mary-Kate Olsen have to do with this? Gee, if you have insight that LA conquered her too, please by all means, do tell. This could be big news . . . wonder how Ashley took it . . .
I wouldn't be dwelling on this much, suffice to say...pretty much the same way that Matthew McConaughy did. :eek: