Armstrong

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mason Verger, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Mason Verger

    Mason Verger Guest

    Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat stages
    because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but what can
    they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.

    Tags:

  2. "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb

    > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat stages
    > because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but what can
    > they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.

    Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    stronger this year!

    Regards, Markus

  3. "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb
    >
    > > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat
    > > stages because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but
    > > what can they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.
    >
    > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > stronger this year!

    Yes stronger than last.......but better than Armstrong or about 6 other riders in the TDF, I don't
    think so... Let us wait and see!

    > Regards, Markus

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    At the moment Ullrich is at least the second best athlete in the race. It only remains to be seen
    how he will do after 3 weeks and how his team will
    do.

  5. "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb
    >
    > > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat
    > > stages because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but
    > > what can they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.
    >
    > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > stronger this year!

    I was really suprised how strong Ullrich is riding so far. It usually takes quite a while to recover
    from a injury & other personal problems that Ullrich suffered.

    It was also suprising to see that Armstrong would allow himself to involved in yesterdays field
    crash. In the the 1995 tdf Indurain rode slightly off the front to isolate himself from the crashes.
    This could indicate that Lance might be a little weak. As for the prologue it's way to short to give
    a true indicator for Lance. On the otherhand both Hinault and Indurain dominated some short prologue
    TT in the TDF. As for Ullrich it's probalbly way to early to tell. The mountains & the TT are a much
    better indicator.

    > Regards, Markus

  6. "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb
    > >
    > > > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat
    > > > stages because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but
    > > > what can they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.
    > >
    > > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > > stronger this year!
    >
    > I was really suprised how strong Ullrich is riding so far. It usually takes quite a while to
    > recover from a injury & other personal problems that Ullrich suffered.

    Ullrich got 2nd in the TdF in his first attempt at the age of 21. Comparing him to others is a
    mistake - he has more talent than anyone else, bar none.

  7. "Heinz Getzler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb
    > >
    > > > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat
    > > > stages because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but
    > > > what can they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.
    > >
    > > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > > stronger this year!
    >
    > I was really suprised how strong Ullrich is riding so far. It usually takes quite a while to
    > recover from a injury & other personal problems that Ullrich suffered.
    >
    > It was also suprising to see that Armstrong would allow himself to involved in yesterdays
    > field crash.
    Who would have known of the crash ahead of time??????// He was in the proper place in the
    peylton.........just happend.

    In the the 1995 tdf Indurain rode
    > slightly off the front to isolate himself from the crashes. This could indicate that Lance might
    > be a little weak. As for the prologue it's way to short to give a true indicator for Lance. On the
    > otherhand both Hinault and Indurain dominated some short prologue TT in the TDF. As for Ullrich
    > it's probalbly way to early to tell. The mountains & the TT are a much better indicator.
    How long have you been racing?????

    > > Regards, Markus

  8. "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > At the moment Ullrich is at least the second best athlete in the race. It only remains to be seen
    > how he will do after 3 weeks and how his team will
    > do.
    He's not the second best.......not even Lance..........in 3 weeks we will see who's the
    strongest...... At this point, neither is .....

    > "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb

    > > > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > > > stronger this year!
    > >
    > > Yes stronger than last.......but better than Armstrong or about 6 other riders in the TDF, I
    > > don't think so... Let us wait and see!
    > > >
    > > > Regards, Markus

  9. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Heinz Getzler wrote:

    > "Markus Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Mason Verger" <[email protected]> schrieb
    > >
    > > > Is just toying with the field, he doesn't care about the yellow jersey in these early flat
    > > > stages because he knows, and everyone else knows that he blows them away in the mountains, but
    > > > what can they do about it except hope he loses motivation one day.
    > >
    > > Everybody thought the same about Indurain in 1996, and we know what has happened... Ullrich is
    > > stronger this year!
    >
    > I was really suprised how strong Ullrich is riding so far. It usually takes quite a while to
    > recover from a injury & other personal problems that Ullrich suffered.
    >
    > It was also suprising to see that Armstrong would allow himself to involved in yesterdays
    > field crash.

    Ullrich was behind the crash too, just not directly behind it.