Armstrongs Amstel Gold:I'm not much interested in another second at Amstel!"

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> . Alternatively, let me know if you find out who the second woman to cross the Atlantic solo was.

Beryle Markham was the second woman to solo across the Atlantic, but the first to do it
east to west.

-T

Your right, since after you have won 4 TDF I don't think race was really high on his resume'. It's
like winning the World Series and Super Bowl and the go and fight to win the Cotton Bowl....doesn't
mean much.

news:[email protected]...

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Your right, since after you have won 4 TDF I don't think race was really high on his resume'. It's
> like winning the World Series and Super Bowl and the go and fight to win the Cotton
> Bowl....doesn't mean much.
>
> "Neal Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Second place is the first loser.

You're both dumbasses.

Neal for being so original, and Cu for your insightful analysis. Amstel Gold has eluded Armstrong,
even taunted him by letting him get so close to winning but slipping through his grasp on more than
one occasion. If you had a competitive streak anywhere near Armstrong's, wouldn't that get under
your skin? You can conquer the cycling world by winning the Tour de France multiple times, but one
classic race continues to tease you, but not let you kiss victory. It is a springtime nemisis for
Armstrong. That is where his attitude of second not meaning much comes from.

Flower pants is one thing, but flower pants with a button down shirt?????

> "Neal Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Second place is the first loser.
>
> http://www.jt10000.com/jtgal/sut982.htm
>
> JT

> NB: reply-to address is munged
>
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"Son_of_Kurgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Your right, since after you have won 4 TDF I don't think race was really high on his resume'.
> > It's like winning the World Series and Super Bowl and the go and fight
> > win the Cotton Bowl....doesn't mean much.
> >
> > "Neal Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Second place is the first loser.
> >

> You're both dumbasses.
>
> Neal for being so original, and Cu for your insightful analysis. Amstel Gold has eluded Armstrong,
> even taunted him by letting him get so close to winning but slipping through his grasp on more
> than one occasion. If you had a competitive streak anywhere near Armstrong's, wouldn't that get
> under your skin? You can conquer the cycling world by winning the Tour de France multiple times,
> but one classic race continues to tease you, but not let you kiss victory. It is a springtime
> nemisis for Armstrong. That is where his attitude of second not meaning much comes from.

I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if I had a chance I knock
the **** out of you. It was opinion and what we feel. No that you spouted off about dumbasses, I
see you have proven just where you head is. Up where the sun don't shine. I think your opinion
stinks, big deal it didn't change what Armstrong said of feels. He could ride circles around us
all...so let it be!

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Son_of_Kurgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > Your right, since after you have won 4 TDF I don't think race was
really
> > > high on his resume'. It's like winning the World Series and Super Bowl and the go and fight
> > > win the Cotton Bowl....doesn't mean much.
> > >
> > > "Neal Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > You're both dumbasses.
> >
> > Neal for being so original, and Cu for your insightful analysis. Amstel Gold has eluded
> > Armstrong, even taunted him by letting him get so close to winning but slipping through his
> > grasp on more than one occasion. If you had a competitive streak anywhere near Armstrong's,
> > wouldn't that get under your skin? You can conquer the cycling world by winning the Tour de
> > France multiple times, but one classic race continues to tease you, but not let you kiss
> > victory. It is a springtime nemisis for Armstrong. That is where his attitude of second not
> > meaning much comes from.
>
> I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if
> had a chance I knock the **** out of you. It was opinion and what we feel. No that you spouted off
> about dumbasses, I see you have proven just where you head is. Up where the sun don't shine. I
> think your opinion stinks, big deal it didn't change what Armstrong said of feels. He could ride
> circles around us all...so let it be!

Thin-skinned enough so that participating in this group may not be good for emotional well-being.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> But placings have grown in importance with the rise of point systems. Defending World Cup overall
> standing impedes riders from all-or-nothing initiatives.
>
> It's also a factor in Worlds of recent years. given the huge amount of UCI points there, its
> better to wait and sprint for a good placing , then 'waste' energy in attacks with only slim win
> chances.
>
> In the Tour's last week, you see teams control the break to defend their team leaders' resp.
> 6-7-8th or so places. In the old days this was simply left to the race leader's squad (and
> allies-with-a-purpose of course). Let them work and then search a moment to attack yourself.
>
> All those riders don't really care whether they will 'remembered'. points play a role in the
> teams' position, and in their personal market value for the next season.

Particularly when one's contract makes this explicit, like the Cofidis contracts apparently do.

CuCycln <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws [email protected]...
> I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if
> had a chance I knock the **** out of you. It was opinion and what we feel. No that you spouted off
> about dumbasses, I see you have proven just where you head is. Up where the sun don't shine. I
> think your opinion stinks, big deal it didn't change what Armstrong said of feels. He could ride
> circles around us all...so let it be!

...but it does seem obvious that he wanted to win Amstel. It's like the LaFontaine story of the fox
and the berries; the fox desperately tries to get the berries that are hanging in a tree. Only after
he has tried and failed does he claim he never wanted the berries anyway.

Armstrong should admit that he tried and failed, because others were better.

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> CuCycln <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws [email protected]...
> > I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but
if
> > had a chance I knock the **** out of you. It was opinion and what we
feel.
> > No that you spouted off about dumbasses, I see you have proven just
where
> > you head is. Up where the sun don't shine. I think your opinion stinks, big deal it didn't
> > change what Armstrong
said
> > of feels. He could ride circles around us all...so let it be!
>
> ...but it does seem obvious that he wanted to win Amstel. It's like the LaFontaine story of the
> fox and the berries; the fox desperately tries to get the berries that are hanging in a tree. Only
> after he has tried and failed does he claim he never wanted the berries anyway.
>
> Armstrong should admit that he tried and failed, because others were
better.

There we go again, putting words into other peoples mouths. Let them speak for themselves. But of
course if we did, we wouldn't be hashing this over and over and over, would we. I believe what Lance
said...enough from here.

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if I had a chance I knock
> the **** out of you.

Cu Cu Cachoo,

Are you upset that I called you a dumbass or that I showed that you don't know what you're talking
about, or both?

> It was opinion and what we feel.

It was (and still is) my opinion that you were a dumbass, however I don't have to throw a tantrum
about it. BTW, who are 'we'?

> No that you spouted off about dumbasses, I see you have proven just where you head is. Up where
> the sun don't shine. I think your opinion stinks, big deal it didn't change what Armstrong said of
> feels. He could ride circles around us all...so let it be!

As for Armstrong's Amstel Gold motivation, since I don't have his cell number my comments were
opinion too. I simply explained why without resorting to histrionics.

"...so let it be"? Try heeding your own words.

"Son_of_Kurgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but
if I
> > had a chance I knock the **** out of you.

Neither, you just showed us all what you are made of. Like I said take a look at the place the sun
doesn't shine, it's there anyway. Nice try in trying to put words in mouth, didn't work....

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:10:04 -0700, CuCycln wrote:
>[something]

Yo, please try to quote-and-reply a little clearer. In your case 'form follows function' is not
good advice.

Thanks.

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Neither, you just showed us all what you are made of. Like I said take a look at the place the sun
> doesn't shine, it's there anyway. Nice try in trying to put words in mouth, didn't work....

Since you're the one playing Mr. Tough Guy, writing (in reply to SoK):

"I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if I had a chance I knock
the **** out of you"

it's obvious to the rest of us who really is the ass.

Have a nice day.

K. Gringioni

> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Neither, you just showed us all what you are made of. Like I said take a look at the place the
> > sun doesn't shine, it's there anyway. Nice try in trying to put words in mouth, didn't work....
>

> Since you're the one playing Mr. Tough Guy, writing (in reply to SoK):
>
> "I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude, but if I had a chance I
> knock the **** out of you"
>

> it's obvious to the rest of us who really is the ass.
>

> Have a nice day.
>

> K. Gringioni

you could be right, I did get carried away...but only to So.K, not to the whole board. Which makes
you want to think a little huh?

Ewoud Dronkert wrote
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:51:00 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> >La Fontaine was a poet, and many of his re-workings of Aesop's (and other's) fables are really
> >quite remarkable and classic, much more
than
> >simple children's rhymes. I haven't yet seen a good translation of La Fontaine's versions from
> >French into English which is probably the reason why so few Americans are aware of La Fontaine.
>
> I have a great book, a facsimile of a 1875 edition, with all 240 of De la Fontaine's fables
> translated into Dutch and illustrated with 320 copperplates by Gustave Doré. It is quite worn from
> me reading it over and over as a child.
>
> Thanks for reminding me, I just got it off the shelf now. Nice memories.

I'm a big fan of fables, too. That's why I believe the clenbuterol was for the dog, the candies
were from his aunt, there's a guy out there banging Tammy Thomas, and USPS holds no grudge
against Rabobank.

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Neither, you just showed us all what you are made of. Like I said take
> > > look at the place the sun doesn't shine, it's there anyway. Nice try in trying to put words in
> > > mouth, didn't work....
> >

> > Since you're the one playing Mr. Tough Guy, writing (in reply to SoK):
> >
> > "I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude,
but
> > if I had a chance I knock the **** out of you"
> >

> > it's obvious to the rest of us who really is the ass.
> >

> > Have a nice day.
> >

> > K. Gringioni
> >
> you could be right, I did get carried away...but only to So.K, not to the whole board. Which makes
> you want to think a little huh?

Why? The only thing I did w/ regards to this spat was make fun of your thin-skin/tough-guy attitude.

news:%[email protected]...

> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Since you're the one playing Mr. Tough Guy, writing (in reply to SoK):
> > >
> > > "I don't know where in the hell you get your high a mighty attitude,
> but
> > > if I had a chance I knock the **** out of you"
> > >

> > > it's obvious to the rest of us who really is the ass.
> > >

> > > Have a nice day.
> > >

> > > K. Gringioni
> > >
> > you could be right, I did get carried away...but only to So.K, not to
the
> > whole board. Which makes you want to think a little huh?
>

> Why? The only thing I did w/ regards to this spat was make fun of your thin-skin/tough-guy
> attitude.

And you didn't attack me with your tough-attitude? Give me a break. Enough said on a BS thing in the
first place. I'm moving on to something more productive.

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > you could be right, I did get carried away...but only to So.K, not to
> the
> > > whole board. Which makes you want to think a little huh?
> >

> > Why? The only thing I did w/ regards to this spat was make fun of your thin-skin/tough-guy
> > attitude.
>
> And you didn't attack me with your tough-attitude? Give me a break.

I implied you were an ass for threatening another poster. Calling a spade a spade. I stand by that.

> Enough said on a BS thing in the first place. I'm moving on to something more productive.

I am impressed.