Armstrong's Daily Show Interview

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
generally a big fan of the daily show's biting wit, and i understand stewart isn't there to ask the really hard questions, but this interview has more puffball questions than should be allowed under international law. i'm sure the international lance fans who weren't made aware of this interview through his publicity machine will go ape over it, but it only leaves me shaking my head in disbelief that we as a country are so uninformed about cycle racing.

Video: Lance Armstrong | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

slovakguy said:
generally a big fan of the daily show's biting wit, and i understand stewart isn't there to ask the really hard questions, but this interview has more puffball questions than should be allowed under international law. i'm sure the international lance fans who weren't made aware of this interview through his publicity machine will go ape over it, but it only leaves me shaking my head in disbelief that we as a country are so uninformed

Video: Lance Armstrong | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

I fixed it for you for accuracy.;)

slovakguy said:
generally a big fan of the daily show's biting wit, and i understand stewart isn't there to ask the really hard questions, but this interview has more puffball questions than should be allowed under international law.

Stewart's biting wit and criticisms are reserved for those that he dislikes. Those that he supports get puffball questions and comedic setups so that they can come off as amusing and charming, while steering well clear of anything substantial.

Thanks for the link -- I had missed the show.

I don't watch this show, but I caught a little bit of it at my daughter's home. At one point Daly was remarking that with 5 stages to go it was really close between 5-6 cyclists. Lance remarked something to the effect that yes everyone was within 5-6 minutes of the lead.
I think Lance was totally playing to the audience, he knew that race was over by then and he was just fighting as hard as he could to get 3rd place.