Armstrong's podium speech....

Yes Eddie Merckx was the best!

And he only tested positive for illegal drugs three times in his career.

1969 Giro (Italain conspiracy cover story)
1973 Tour of Lombardie (more jealous Italians)
1977 Tour of Flanders (Ah Oh, a Belgian race)

He always denied, just like today's riders.

The King was a doper too.

whiteboytrash said:
Yeah it wasn't much.... not very quotable.... he even got angry with someone in the crowd when they shouted out 'what about Basso' when he was thanking Ullrich.... he said 'I'll get to Basso ok !'.......................... he even said that he won't do it in French because he's French is not so good....... which meants 98% of the people there had no idea what he was saying !
From personal experiance, a lot of people in France speak English, it's even taught in the schools. So, most people probably knew what he was saying.

Save me ! Mate until you live on this continent don't both to comment.... I have spent more time in France than you have had hot dinners.... what you meant to say was more Americans in Paris speak English so they would of understood.... until you have spent 6 weeks in rural France you have no idea what its like when no one speaks English ! Verstehen Sie ?

luv2ride said:
From personal experiance, a lot of people in France speak English, it's even taught in the schools. So, most people probably knew what he was saying.

whiteboytrash said:
Save me ! Mate until you live on this continent don't both to comment.... I have spent more time in France than you have had hot dinners.... what you meant to say was more Americans in Paris speak English so they would of understood.... until you have spent 6 weeks in rural France you have no idea what its like when no one speaks English ! Verstehen Sie ?
Es-e-que tu parle francais? Je parle. Et quand je suis dans France pour trois moins comme un eleve, mes amis (et ses parents) parle anglais tres bein. Non, pas tres bein, mais excellent. Do you need this translated? I hope not because its french and you seem to be a prof. in the language as well as the country.:rolleyes:

Well got to jump in here........it's a pain in the ass for a lot of europeans when they come to holiday in france that the french DON'T speak English!!

In holland during july/august half of our country goes to France to campings etc....and this year I saw a lot of people from the UK on campings.....still somehow the french don't want to learn english!!!!!

Look I don't know what youre personal experience is, but I guess in Paris there are more people that speak english, because it's multi-cultural.....but when you go to small places in france...........NOT a lot of people speak english!

luv2ride said:
Es-e-que tu parle francais? Je parle. Et quand je suis dans France pour trois moins comme un eleve, mes amis (et ses parents) parle anglais tres bein. Non, pas tres bein, mais excellent. Do you need this translated? I hope not because its french and you seem to be a prof. in the language as well as the country.:rolleyes:

luv2ride said:
I cant wait for the return of serve on this one. :p

Don’t get to excited BlueTrain its **** schoolboy, translation website French..... mate you don’t know its obvious..... so don’t even pretend..... people in France by majority don’t speak English…. Do you want me to pull out the stats ? Only the farkwit Americans on the CE that day understood it…. The French in the cafes, standing back from the crowds know it….. not you…. keine Idee....

luv2ride said:

whiteboytrash said:
Don’t get to excited BlueTrain its **** schoolboy, translation website French..... mate you don’t know its obvious..... so don’t even pretend..... people in France by majority don’t speak English…. Do you want me to pull out the stats ? Only the farkwit Americans on the CE that day understood it…. The French in the cafes, standing back from the crowds know it….. not you…. keine Idee....
And people in America by majority dont speak French. So What. We mostly speak English and Spanish. Hablas Espanol Culero?

Good god what will you sad cases whinge about with Lance retired?

This level of bitternes is really pathetic , it really is.

Roadrash Dunc said:
Good god what will you sad cases whinge about with Lance retired?

This level of bitternes is really pathetic , it really is.
Seems like the only one 'bitter' is you sir. :cool:

Not atall bud.But reading a few of your posts recently tell me alot about your character so i'll just be popping you on ignore now.
Nothing personal ,well ok it is.

Does anyone rank Jan out because he rarely speaks anything but Deusches? Big Mig wasn't too hot on French either - does that make him any less of a champion?

Lance has been denigrated for everything from his acceptance speech, to being active in cancer fundraising, to his socks, and a lot of equally trivial subjects in between. This is giving sour grapes a bad name...

JohnO said:
Does anyone rank Jan out because he rarely speaks anything but Deusches? Big Mig wasn't too hot on French either - does that make him any less of a champion?

Lance has been denigrated for everything from his acceptance speech, to being active in cancer fundraising, to his socks, and a lot of equally trivial subjects in between. This is giving sour grapes a bad name...

What is wrong with his socks?