Armtrong's season over ?!

Keith

Guest
WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
"evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing in...
So is he finished ?

In article <[email protected]>, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

> WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
> "evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing
> in... So is he finished ?

He's probably going to focus his entire being on a record breaking sixth win. Wouldn't you if your
fifth victory was a tour through Dante's Inferno?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:56:45 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

>WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
>"evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing in...
>So is he finished ?

He's tired.

As we all know, Armstrong is a rider who thinks that one TdF stands for one season.

Groet, Arne Vogel

"Tony Austn" <[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote in message
> He's probably going to focus his entire being on a record breaking sixth win. Wouldn't you if your
> fifth victory was a tour through Dante's Inferno?

Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in pretty much all respects was stage
12 to Cap' Decouverte. It was as hot as hell, there were morons everywhere, it finished in a French
"theme park" which was actually a big hole in the ground (a disused coal mine with a ferris wheel in
it counts as a theme park in France it seems). The open air press room was three quarters of the way
down, and I swear I saw a sign at the top saying "abandon hope all ye who enter here", with the
devil urging me to descend into the pit. The thick smoke and the intense heat really enhanced the
atmosphere. I converted to Buddhism on the spot. I fear some of the others weren't so lucky...

Jeff

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tony Austn" <[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote in message
> > He's probably going to focus his entire being on a record breaking sixth win. Wouldn't you if
> > your fifth victory was a tour through Dante's Inferno?
>
> Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in pretty much all respects was
> stage 12 to Cap' Decouverte. It was as hot as hell, there were morons everywhere, it finished in a
> French "theme park" which
was
> actually a big hole in the ground (a disused coal mine with a ferris wheel in it counts as a theme
> park in France it seems). The open air press room was three quarters of the way down, and I swear
> I saw a sign at the top saying "abandon hope all ye who enter here", with the devil urging me to
> descend into the pit. The thick smoke and the intense heat really enhanced the atmosphere. I
> converted to Buddhism on the spot. I fear some of the others weren't so lucky...

Was Didi Senft anywhere to be found that day?

> "Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in pretty much all respects was
> > stage 12 to Cap' Decouverte.
>
> Was Didi Senft anywhere to be found that day?

I'm told that it's not a good idea to find Didi on a hot day.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in
pretty
> > > much all respects was stage 12 to Cap' Decouverte.
> >
> > Was Didi Senft anywhere to be found that day?
>
> I'm told that it's not a good idea to find Didi on a hot day.

That dude has to be aware that his body odor is world famous.

You'd think he'd start showering.

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:56:45 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

>WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
>"evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing in...
>So is he finished ?

He will be riding in Hadsten, Denmark 31/7, so his season isn't quite over yet.

Poul Erik

--
== __o
Poul Erik Lindaa === _'\ <_ E-mail: [email protected]

>>WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
>>"evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing
>>in... So is he finished ?
>
>He will be riding in Hadsten, Denmark 31/7, so his season isn't quite over yet.

Yeah that's one of the three crits he mentioned, one of the other ones being in Karlsruhe I think,

A good thing all the tour contenders don't do that though, that would be the end of bicycle
racing :-(

"Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >>WTF?! I just saw him interviewed on TV by Jean-Rene "the Pig" Goddard, and he said he had to
> >>"evaluate" ("evaluer" in broken French) the rest of his season after the 3 Crit's he's racing
> >>in... So is he finished ?
> >
> >He will be riding in Hadsten, Denmark 31/7, so his season isn't quite over yet.
>
> Yeah that's one of the three crits he mentioned, one of the other ones being in Karlsruhe I think,
>
> A good thing all the tour contenders don't do that though, that would be the end of bicycle
> racing :-(

I think Kristen has put her foot down.........he has to consentrate on family
issues............other wise........she'll take 2 and half of those TDF wins in a divorce! That
means Lance would have to ride for at least 3 more years!

I hope LA shows up at the NYC cycling classic ...

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Tony Austn" <[email protected]_screw_spam> wrote in message
>> > He's probably going to focus his entire being on a record breaking sixth win. Wouldn't you if
>> > your fifth victory was a tour through Dante's Inferno?
>>
>> Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in pretty much all respects was
>> stage 12 to Cap' Decouverte. It was as hot as hell, there were morons everywhere, it finished in
>> a French "theme park" which
>was
>> actually a big hole in the ground (a disused coal mine with a ferris wheel in it counts as a
>> theme park in France it seems). The open air press room was three quarters of the way down, and I
>> swear I saw a sign at the top saying "abandon hope all ye who enter here", with the devil urging
>> me to descend into the pit. The thick smoke and the intense heat really enhanced the atmosphere.
>> I converted to Buddhism on the spot. I fear some of the others weren't so lucky...
>>

>Was Didi Senft anywhere to be found that day?

> He's tired.
>
> As we all know, Armstrong is a rider who thinks that one TdF stands for one season.
>

> Groet, Arne Vogel

As we all know, in the modern era, riding to win two tours back to back in top form is impossible,
except for Pantani, who was likely doped. Look at Simoni and Heras. I could see Giro and Vuelta in
one year, because they're separated by four months. I don't see riding to win both the TDF and the
Giro or Vuelta in one year as realistic - there's not enough time to recover and no way anyone can
maintain top form for two months.

Rick H

"rick h" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... ...
> As we all know, in the modern era, riding to win two tours back to back in top form is impossible,
> except for Pantani, who was likely doped. Look at Simoni and Heras. I could see Giro and Vuelta in
> one year, because they're separated by four months. I don't see riding to win both the TDF and the
> Giro or Vuelta in one year as realistic - there's not enough time to recover and no way anyone can
> maintain top form for two months.
>
> Rick H
Well, Pantani fans, those that are left, don't like the word 'doped'. They like to think of him as
the 'best rider, unrestricted category'.

--
Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

> As we all know, in the modern era, riding to win two tours back to back in top form is impossible,
> except for Pantani, who was likely doped. Look at Simoni and Heras. I could see Giro and Vuelta in
> one year, because they're separated by four months. I don't see riding to win both the TDF and the
> Giro or Vuelta in one year as realistic - there's not enough time to recover and no way anyone can
> maintain top form for two months.

I heard that there are other races besides the Giro, Tour and Vuelta. An example of which is this
race called the "World Championships" and they're even holding it for some odd reason in North
America this year.

Wayne

I think I read that Armstgrong will ride in a race in Denmark a few dats after the TdF.

"rick h" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...

> > He's tired.
> >
> > As we all know, Armstrong is a rider who thinks that one TdF stands for one season.
> >

> > Groet, Arne Vogel
>
> As we all know, in the modern era, riding to win two tours back to back in top form is impossible,
> except for Pantani, who was likely doped. Look at Simoni and Heras. I could see Giro and Vuelta in
> one year, because they're separated by four months. I don't see riding to win both the TDF and the
> Giro or Vuelta in one year as realistic - there's not enough time to recover and no way anyone can
> maintain top form for two months.
>
> Rick H

---

On 28 Jul 2003 00:31:39 -0700, [email protected] (rick h) wrote:

>As we all know, in the modern era, riding to win two tours back to back in top form is impossible,
>except for Pantani, who was likely doped.

'likely' ?

In Europe lots of people are saying that Armstrong is 'likely doped'

> Look at Simoni and Heras. I could see Giro and Vuelta in one year, because they're separated by
> four months. I don't see riding to win both the TDF and the Giro or Vuelta in one year as
> realistic - there's not enough time to recover and no way anyone can maintain top form for two
> months.

Well, I did not expect Armstrong starting in the Vuelta. this year. But why are we seeing so little
of him? He started only in one classic, the Amstel Gold.

Riding a long season of competetive races, is also a sign of quality.

Groet, Arne Vogel

> Well, I did not expect Armstrong starting in the Vuelta. this year. But why are we seeing so
> little of him? He started only in one classic, the Amstel Gold.
>
> Riding a long season of competetive races, is also a sign of quality.

this in a nut shell is why many folks don't respect Lance... As far as Postal is concerned the
Vuelta is Roberto Heras's race to win or lose. (It's part of his contract I believe..) Lance
may ride San Sebastion (he's done it before) then he just vanishes... Ususally shows for GP NYC
and GP SF...

> I think Kristen has put her foot down.........he has to consentrate on family
> issues............other wise........she'll take 2 and half of those TDF wins in a divorce!

there's that old hammer and nail analogy that covers that statement.... DING DING DING we
have a winner.

In article <[email protected]>, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Speaking of Dante's inferno, the one stage that resembled hell in pretty much all respects was
> > > stage 12 to Cap' Decouverte.
> >
> > Was Didi Senft anywhere to be found that day?
>
> I'm told that it's not a good idea to find Didi on a hot day.

I'm told one can't help but find Didi on a hot day.....

-Jen

--
-Jennifer reply to: jen at klau dot com