Around Australia Tour

Around Australia Recumbent Style <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:CR%[email protected]...
> Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our ride
> around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
> http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html

You have obviously spent a fair bit of time on that site!

The recumbents are very similar to Greenspeeds in appearance. How do they compare costwise? A friend
of mine recently bought a Greenspeed GTO (*drool*), and it is like driving a proper sportscar for
the first time - exhilarating! But at $7500, I can't get one for quite a while.
---
DFM

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:58:42 GMT, "Around Australia Recumbent Style"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our ride
>around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
>http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html

Well done and congratulations ! I have read your site a few times and can see that there is quite a
lot to go to read. A huge achievement.

Your lives will never be the same again, hopefully only for the better.

I have just gotten back from riding from Perth to Hobart, a much more supported ride than you guys,
and only 1/4 of the way. http://www.bikeforbibles.org will have lots more photos soon, if anyone is
interested.

davidp.
--
David Pascoe, [email protected], Western Australia

I spent about an hour per day on the ride doing the daily diary and about the only thing I didn't
like was the weight of the latop in the Bob trailer. Logo trikes are cheaper than Greenspeeds and
you can get the info at www.logotrikes.com I think a new one is around $3,500 or so. regards, Andrew

"Deep Freud Moors" <deepfloydmars@yIaWONThBITEoYA!o.co.uk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Around Australia Recumbent Style <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:CR%[email protected]...
> > Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our
ride
> > around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
> > http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html
> >

> You have obviously spent a fair bit of time on that site!
>
> The recumbents are very similar to Greenspeeds in appearance. How do they compare costwise? A
> friend of mine recently bought a Greenspeed GTO (*drool*), and it is like driving a proper
> sportscar for the first time - exhilarating! But at $7500, I can't get one for quite a while.
> ---
> DFM

David. Well done on the Perth-Hobart ride and thanks for visiting our site,hope you enjoyed it. Yes,
our lives have been chabged forever and definitely for the better. regards, Andrew

news:p[email protected]...