Around Australia Tour

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Around Australi, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Around Australia Recumbent Style <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:CR%[email protected]...
    > Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our ride
    > around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
    > http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html

    You have obviously spent a fair bit of time on that site!

    The recumbents are very similar to Greenspeeds in appearance. How do they compare costwise? A friend
    of mine recently bought a Greenspeed GTO (*drool*), and it is like driving a proper sportscar for
    the first time - exhilarating! But at $7500, I can't get one for quite a while.
    ---
    DFM

  3. David Pascoe

    David Pascoe Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:58:42 GMT, "Around Australia Recumbent Style"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our ride
    >around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
    >http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html

    Well done and congratulations ! I have read your site a few times and can see that there is quite a
    lot to go to read. A huge achievement.

    Your lives will never be the same again, hopefully only for the better.

    I have just gotten back from riding from Perth to Hobart, a much more supported ride than you guys,
    and only 1/4 of the way. http://www.bikeforbibles.org will have lots more photos soon, if anyone is
    interested.

    davidp.
    --
    David Pascoe, [email protected], Western Australia

  4. I spent about an hour per day on the ride doing the daily diary and about the only thing I didn't
    like was the weight of the latop in the Bob trailer. Logo trikes are cheaper than Greenspeeds and
    you can get the info at www.logotrikes.com I think a new one is around $3,500 or so. regards, Andrew

    "Deep Freud Moors" <[email protected]!o.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Around Australia Recumbent Style <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:CR%[email protected]...
    > > Hello Aussie cyclists. For those who might be remotely interested, my wife and finished our
    ride
    > > around Australia almost a month ago. Full diary, photo's etc at
    > > http://www.geocities.com/andrewhooker59/CycleTouring.html
    > >

    > You have obviously spent a fair bit of time on that site!
    >
    > The recumbents are very similar to Greenspeeds in appearance. How do they compare costwise? A
    > friend of mine recently bought a Greenspeed GTO (*drool*), and it is like driving a proper
    > sportscar for the first time - exhilarating! But at $7500, I can't get one for quite a while.
    > ---
    > DFM

  5. David. Well done on the Perth-Hobart ride and thanks for visiting our site,hope you enjoyed it. Yes,
    our lives have been chabged forever and definitely for the better. regards, Andrew

    news:p[email protected]...