Around The Bay 30k '04

Swstudio

Guest
Who here is doing the continent's oldest road race in (less
than) three weeks? I'm getting pretty excited about it. I
know Bernard will be there (welcome back!) - his recent
training weeks look pretty scary.

There was an article in the local paper last week that had
some interesting info: they are already over 1200 more
entrants than last year, and last year was a record. Lots of
people. Also in the article was a reference to the Valley
Inn Road hill as "The Mother Hill"... as they say some
runners in the area call it. I've never heard that term,
although I've muttered a few expetives myself while running
up that beast. :)

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
insecure people are the ones you see, putting other people

Hi David,

I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm aiming
for 2:20, assuming good conditions. That hill isn't too bad
to me - my running routes have plenty of hills, some of
which are quite challenging.

Richard Rogers

Hey David,

I can't wait to run ATB, I am training through that race,
though. I hope weather conditions are as nice as they were
in 2002. My goal for that race is to run the first 15k in
59:00 and 61:00 for the second 15k, I would be happy with
anything from 1:59 to 2:03. I am glad to see you had a good
HM yesterday, hope you get the gold at ATB.

Take care,

--

Bernard
//\/

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Who here is doing the continent's oldest road race in (less than)
> three weeks? I'm getting pretty excited about it. I know Bernard
> will be there (welcome back!) - his recent training weeks look
> pretty scary.
>
> There was an article in the local paper last week that had some
> interesting info: they are already over 1200 more entrants than
> last year, and last year was a record. Lots of people. Also in
> the article was a reference to the Valley Inn Road hill as "The
> Mother Hill"... as they say some runners in the area call it. I've
> never heard that term, although I've muttered a few expetives
> myself while running up that beast. :)
>

> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton, ON)
> www.allfalldown.org
> "The most insecure people are the ones you see,
> putting other people down constantly."

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:25:20 GMT, "Richard Rogers"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm
>aiming for 2:20, assuming good conditions.
i'll be doing the 5K. my first race. i went into targetted
training in early February but upped my weekly mileage too
much. ended up with sore knees. dropped the mileage
drastically. dropped the speed intervals. kept hills, LSD
and doing about 20K a week again. I'm back to being happy if
I finish strong. ...thehick

"Bernard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hey David,
>
> I can't wait to run ATB, I am training through that race,
> though. I hope weather conditions are as nice as they were
> in 2002. My goal for that race is to run the first 15k in
> 59:00 and 61:00 for the second 15k, I would be happy with
> anything from 1:59 to 2:03. I am glad to see you had a
> good HM yesterday, hope you get the gold at ATB.

Thanks a lot, Bernard! You too - your training looks great
and even without a taper you should finish strong. I assume
you are gunning for the Ottawa Marathon?

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
insecure people are the ones you see, putting other people
down constantly."

"frank-in-toronto" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi David,
> >
> >I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm
> >aiming for 2:20, assuming good conditions.
> i'll be doing the 5K. my first race. i went into targetted
> training in early February but upped my weekly mileage too
> much. ended up with sore knees. dropped the mileage
> drastically. dropped the speed intervals. kept hills, LSD
> and doing about 20K a week again. I'm back to being happy
> if I finish strong. ...thehick

+I know the feeling, I was denied my third chance at the
30k last year because of injuries. I couldn't even run
the 5k. :(

Best of luck - that 5k course is tough for that long stretch
of slight incline coming back up Bay Street.

cheers,