Around The Bay 30k '04

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Swstudio, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    Who here is doing the continent's oldest road race in (less
    than) three weeks? I'm getting pretty excited about it. I
    know Bernard will be there (welcome back!) - his recent
    training weeks look pretty scary.

    There was an article in the local paper last week that had
    some interesting info: they are already over 1200 more
    entrants than last year, and last year was a record. Lots of
    people. Also in the article was a reference to the Valley
    Inn Road hill as "The Mother Hill"... as they say some
    runners in the area call it. I've never heard that term,
    although I've muttered a few expetives myself while running
    up that beast. :)

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
    insecure people are the ones you see, putting other people

    Tags:

  2. Hi David,

    I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm aiming
    for 2:20, assuming good conditions. That hill isn't too bad
    to me - my running routes have plenty of hills, some of
    which are quite challenging.

    Richard Rogers

  3. Bernard

    Bernard Guest

    Hey David,

    I can't wait to run ATB, I am training through that race,
    though. I hope weather conditions are as nice as they were
    in 2002. My goal for that race is to run the first 15k in
    59:00 and 61:00 for the second 15k, I would be happy with
    anything from 1:59 to 2:03. I am glad to see you had a good
    HM yesterday, hope you get the gold at ATB.

    Take care,

    --

    Bernard
    //\/

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Who here is doing the continent's oldest road race in (less than)
    > three weeks? I'm getting pretty excited about it. I know Bernard
    > will be there (welcome back!) - his recent training weeks look
    > pretty scary.
    >
    > There was an article in the local paper last week that had some
    > interesting info: they are already over 1200 more entrants than
    > last year, and last year was a record. Lots of people. Also in
    > the article was a reference to the Valley Inn Road hill as "The
    > Mother Hill"... as they say some runners in the area call it. I've
    > never heard that term, although I've muttered a few expetives
    > myself while running up that beast. :)
    >

    > cheers,
    > --
    > David (in Hamilton, ON)
    > www.allfalldown.org
    > "The most insecure people are the ones you see,
    > putting other people down constantly."

  4. On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:25:20 GMT, "Richard Rogers"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi David,
    >
    >I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm
    >aiming for 2:20, assuming good conditions.
    i'll be doing the 5K. my first race. i went into targetted
    training in early February but upped my weekly mileage too
    much. ended up with sore knees. dropped the mileage
    drastically. dropped the speed intervals. kept hills, LSD
    and doing about 20K a week again. I'm back to being happy if
    I finish strong. ...thehick

  5. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    "Bernard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hey David,
    >
    > I can't wait to run ATB, I am training through that race,
    > though. I hope weather conditions are as nice as they were
    > in 2002. My goal for that race is to run the first 15k in
    > 59:00 and 61:00 for the second 15k, I would be happy with
    > anything from 1:59 to 2:03. I am glad to see you had a
    > good HM yesterday, hope you get the gold at ATB.

    Thanks a lot, Bernard! You too - your training looks great
    and even without a taper you should finish strong. I assume
    you are gunning for the Ottawa Marathon?

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
    insecure people are the ones you see, putting other people
    down constantly."

  6. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    "frank-in-toronto" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi David,
    > >
    > >I'll be there. I've been training diligently, and I'm
    > >aiming for 2:20, assuming good conditions.
    > i'll be doing the 5K. my first race. i went into targetted
    > training in early February but upped my weekly mileage too
    > much. ended up with sore knees. dropped the mileage
    > drastically. dropped the speed intervals. kept hills, LSD
    > and doing about 20K a week again. I'm back to being happy
    > if I finish strong. ...thehick

    +I know the feeling, I was denied my third chance at the
    30k last year because of injuries. I couldn't even run
    the 5k. :(

    Best of luck - that 5k course is tough for that long stretch
    of slight incline coming back up Bay Street.

    cheers,