Around the Bay in a day ride - looking for riders

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by roysto, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. roysto

    roysto Guest

    Hi,

    I am going to be travelling down to Melbourne from Sydney to do the
    210klm Around the Bay in a day ride. Looking for other riders from
    Sydney to either team up with or share travelling / accomodation. I have
    not attempted this ride before but i guess it will take me 8-10 hours.

    At this stage I will most likely be driving down on the Friday prior to
    the ride, and heading back on the Tuesday.

    Anyone interested please feel free to drop me a line or ask any Q's

    Roysto..:D

  2. Alan Erskine

    Alan Erskine Guest

    "roysto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am going to be travelling down to Melbourne from Sydney to do the
    > 210klm Around the Bay in a day ride. Looking for other riders from
    > Sydney to either team up with or share travelling / accomodation. I have
    > not attempted this ride before but i guess it will take me 8-10 hours.
    >
    > At this stage I will most likely be driving down on the Friday prior to
    > the ride, and heading back on the Tuesday.
    >
    > Anyone interested please feel free to drop me a line or ask any Q's
    >
    > Roysto..:D

    (gulp, pant). Here's me averaging 15km/h (on my old bike with 15 gears -
    just got a 21 speed Mongoose 850 Crossway) and absolutely f^%$ed by the end
    of a six hour ride into the city....

    P. H. E. W.

    Best of luck (and dreams of one day being involved in something like that)
    to all those who participate.
    --
    Alan Erskine
    alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au