Arrested on a bike? Let us know!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by TIME'S UP! (via Jym Dyer), Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Mark Ingram

    Mark Ingram Guest

    Jym can't make it sound like a bad-ass full-out riot in NYC streets, with
    the evil cops killing bicyclists.

    "Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > You make it sound as if they had no control over the number of
    > > arrests, as if they were innocent victims of some preordained
    > > arrest schedule, almost as if they *were ordered* to make each
    > > and every arrest!

    > =v= "I was only following orders" was soundly judged as no
    > defense back in 1945. Has this judgement been suspended for
    > the New World Order? "Ken [NY)" seems to be celebrating that.
    >
    > =v= Just so we're clear about what the NYPD did:
    >
    > o Sent unmarked "scooter goons" into peaceful, law-abiding
    > crowds. The _New_York_Times_ printed the police's claim
    > that they "nudged" protesters, but they have been videotaped
    > hitting and kicking people.

    That is a LIE, I was there, about 5 of the "protesters" intentionally
    started it, I think they were from out of town, here to start trouble
    intentionally.

    > o Blocked off areas and indiscriminately arrested everyone
    > on a block or street. Typical tactic: surrounding them
    > so that nobody could disperse, then giving an order to
    > disperse, then arresting them all.

    They started doing that at the DNC first.

    > o At bicycle events, arresting everyone in the area, including
    > food delivery people and those walking on the sidewalk.
    > Using boltcutters and other tools to steal every bicycle
    > locked up in the area.

    Overstated crap to stir people up. Nothing like that happened.

    > o In addition to the indiscriminate mass arrests, targeted
    > legal observers and medics for a block around and arresting
    > them as well.

    Not true, Too bad your mass event or "riot", didn't happen like you wanted
    it too.

    > <_Jym_>

  2. slim

    slim Guest

    Yora Isecha wrote:

    > "Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "Ken [NY)" once again demonstrates his inability
    > > to read for comprehension:
    > >
    > > > No protesting, eh?

    > > =v= I never said that. What I said, in small words that I
    > > mistakenly thought you were capable of comprehending, is that
    > > many (not all -- repeat -- not all) who were arrested were
    > > protesting, and also that many who were protesting were not
    > > breaking any laws.
    > > <_Jym_>
    > >

    > Well, which way are you going to have it, Jym-boy?
    >
    > They WERE, or WERE NOT, breaking LAWS?

    People "break laws" everyday in NYC.

    You jaywalk, don't you? '-)

    --

    http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
    "Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim

    VOTE HIM OUT! November 2, 2004

  3. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "slim" <pickin'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Yora Isecha wrote:
    > >
    > > "Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > "Ken [NY)" once again demonstrates his inability
    > > > to read for comprehension:

    > > > =v= I never said that. What I said, in small words that I
    > > > mistakenly thought you were capable of comprehending, is that
    > > > many (not all -- repeat -- not all) who were arrested were
    > > > protesting, and also that many who were protesting were not
    > > > breaking any laws.
    > > > <_Jym_>
    > > >

    > > Well, which way are you going to have it, Jym-boy?
    > >
    > > They WERE, or WERE NOT, breaking LAWS?

    > People "break laws" everyday in NYC.
    >
    > You jaywalk, don't you? '-)

    If the were protesting, they took the risk to go to jail, and be arrested
    (two different things Jym ignores to inflame), they were breaking the law by
    unlawful assembly.

    Jaywalking, swiping something, mugging....... You pry up the law to
    justify anything.

  4. Yora Ishmel <[email protected]sdsd> wrote:
    >If the were protesting, they took the risk to go to jail, and be arrested
    >(two different things Jym ignores to inflame), they were breaking the law by
    >unlawful assembly.

    What about the people who were (reportedly) arrested who weren't
    protesting, but were just passing by?

    --
    Steven O'Neill [email protected]

  5. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "Steven M. O'Neill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yora Ishmel <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >If the were protesting, they took the risk to go to jail, and be arrested
    > >(two different things Jym ignores to inflame), they were breaking the law

    by
    > >unlawful assembly.

    > What about the people who were (reportedly) arrested who weren't
    > protesting, but were just passing by?
    >
    > --
    > Steven O'Neill [email protected]

    Cops made a decision on the scene, normally I stay away or move away from
    cops and arrest scenes.

    So it sounds strange to me that one would walk into a bunch of Cops
    arresting people, and not expect to get arrested.

    They will have their day in Court to straighten it out.

  6. Jack Dingler

    Jack Dingler Guest

    What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    by the US Constitution.

    Jack Dingler

    Yora Ishmel wrote:

    >If the were protesting, they took the risk to go to jail, and be arrested
    >(two different things Jym ignores to inflame), they were breaking the law by
    >unlawful assembly.
    >
    >Jaywalking, swiping something, mugging....... You pry up the law to
    >justify anything.

  7. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "Jack Dingler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    > by the US Constitution.

    Wrong.

    Got a permit?

    A Cop can bust you if you are "in the way" or "interfering" with what he is
    doing,
    or "unlawful assembly".

    Educate yourself on the law, checkout a book at the library, or call a
    police station and ask.

    Or remain a "victim", or one who "speaks with shallow knowledge to convince
    little kids".

  8. Mitch Haley

    Mitch Haley Guest

    "Steven M. O'Neill" wrote:
    > What about the people who were (reportedly) arrested who weren't
    > protesting, but were just passing by?

    Well, that's the price they pay for living in a police state.

    Mitch

  9. Mitch Haley

    Mitch Haley Guest

    Jack Dingler wrote:

    > What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    > by the US Constitution.

    The Bill of Rights was revoked years ago, haven't you noticed yet?

  10. Jack Dingler

    Jack Dingler Guest

    In related newsgroups, I've read firsthand accounts of folks being
    arrested for unlawful assembly when leaving the office and walking to
    their car, or waiting at bustops.

    I think it's clear that unlawful assembly means whatever it needs to
    mean. If you think the law is cut and dried as you think it is, then
    you're a bit innocent. Education is meaningless if a politician wants to
    to make a statement.

    Jack Dingler

    Yora Ishmel wrote:

    >"Jack Dingler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >

    >>What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    >>by the US Constitution.
    >>

    >Wrong.
    >
    >Got a permit?
    >
    >A Cop can bust you if you are "in the way" or "interfering" with what he is
    >doing,
    >or "unlawful assembly".
    >
    >Educate yourself on the law, checkout a book at the library, or call a
    >police station and ask.
    >
    >Or remain a "victim", or one who "speaks with shallow knowledge to convince
    >little kids".

  11. Jack Dingler

    Jack Dingler Guest

    Ray Bradbury once wrote a short story about a time when going outdoors
    or taking a walk, would be a suspicious or even a criminal activity.

    What foresight he had. He also described in an interview how freedom and
    democracy is impossible if the population rises high enough. He used the
    analogy of a bathroom in a house.

    1. With one person living in the house, that person could have complete
    freedom to use the bathroom.
    2. With two people, the freedom to use the bathroom still existed, but
    sometimes one person has to wait.
    5 With five people, arrangements and schedules have to be made. Bathroom
    maintenance time becomes an issue.
    .... Add more people and you need strict rules and punishments for
    bathroom protocol. Freedom to sue the bathroom at will has become
    nonexistent.

    As our population grows, basic freedoms, rights and democracy has to be
    abandoned in favor of a strict state with strict rules and harsh
    punishments. This is because resources and time become commodities that
    have to be stretch to serve more and more people.

    Public property like streets and sidewalks become valuable commodities
    that cannot accommodate everyone, all the time. So it becomes necessary
    to deny people the right to travel as they choose, when they wish to go
    and where they want to go. It's only the logic of this progression. that
    an increasing population will see a need to keep people off the
    sidewalks as much as possible and to restrict their travel in the name
    of efficiency.

    The idea of rounding up people waiting to cross at lights or waiting at
    bus stops in New York City, in order to fill quotas for protester
    arrests, seems outrageous in the suburbs of Texas. But I can see how
    such actions must evolve, in a highly populated area. With so little
    space and so many people, the city will feel pressure to encourage
    people to leave the sidewalks and streets as quickly as they can.

    As joblessness in the US increases and with it, higher fuel prices and
    shortages, more folks will be forced to ride bicycles in search of work.
    Tensions must rise between those that are employed and those that
    aren't, and the easiest way for a city to show they are doing something,
    is just to make indiscriminate mass arrests. Things are going to get
    exciting in the big cities over the next couple of decades as we cross
    over the top of the Hubbert Peak. The police state will soon need to
    find ways keep the unemployed off the streets.

    Get ready for interesting times.

    And it's not about the law. It's life clashing with politics. Justice
    will be the first casualty, making the law meaningless.

    Jack Dingler

    Mitch Haley wrote:

    >Jack Dingler wrote:
    >

    >>What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    >>by the US Constitution.
    >>

    >The Bill of Rights was revoked years ago, haven't you noticed yet?

  12. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "Mitch Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Steven M. O'Neill" wrote:
    > > What about the people who were (reportedly) arrested who weren't
    > > protesting, but were just passing by?

    > Well, that's the price they pay for living in a police state.

    Stupid F*ck, go to Russia for a real "police state"
    You have no idea

    Cops made a decision on the scene, normally I stay away or move away from
    cops and arrest scenes.

    So it sounds strange to me that one would walk into a bunch of Cops
    arresting people, and not expect to get arrested.

    They will have their day in Court to straighten it out.

  13. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "Mitch Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jack Dingler wrote:
    > >
    > > What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    > > by the US Constitution.

    > The Bill of Rights was revoked years ago, haven't you noticed yet?

    Stupid F*ck, you must be 12, you have that right. Get a permit.

    A Cop can bust you if you are "in the way" or "interfering" with what he is
    doing, or "unlawful assembly".

    Educate yourself on the law, checkout a book at the library, or call a
    police station and ask.

    Or remain a "victim", or one who "speaks with shallow knowledge to convince
    little kids".

  14. Mitch Haley

    Mitch Haley Guest

    Yora Fishmeal wrote:
    > Stupid F*ck, you must be 12, you have that right. Get a permit.

    And you're so intelligent and mature, aren't you?
    Spewing childish obscenities whenever somebody voices
    an opinion which disagrees with yours. Does your
    mommy know you use her computer to spread naughty words?

    Mitch.

  15. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

    "Mitch Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yora Fishmeal wrote:
    > > Stupid F*ck, you must be 12, you have that right. Get a permit.

    > And you're so intelligent and mature, aren't you?
    > Spewing childish obscenities whenever somebody voices
    > an opinion which disagrees with yours. Does your
    > mommy know you use her computer to spread naughty words?
    >
    > Mitch.

    Can't you come up with anything original?

    I stand by my determination that you are a Stupid F*ck and 12 years old
    mentally.
    Take some time to think about it, and let it soak in, and realize you have
    substantial problems.

    Your statement "The Bill of Rights was revoked years ago, haven't you
    noticed yet?" provides an in-depth view of your sick psyche, shallow
    knowledge base, and lame attitude. You should move to Sudan where they do
    not have a bill of rights.

    Educate yourself on the law, checkout a book at the library, or call a
    police station and ask. A Cop can bust you if you are "in the way" or
    "interfering" with what he is doing, or "unlawful assembly". Or just stay as
    one who "speaks with shallow knowledge to convince little kids".

  16. Mitch Haley

    Mitch Haley Guest

    "Ken [NY)" wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:05:49 GMT, Jack Dingler <[email protected]>
    > claims:
    >
    > >What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    > >by the US Constitution.

    > No rights are absolute.

    Then no rights are "rights", merely privileges exercised with the
    government's permission. Would it be ok with you if you had to
    apply for a deniable permit each weekend before being allowed
    to attend church, or does that interfere with your concept of
    the first amendment?

    Mitch.

  17. Jack Dingler

    Jack Dingler Guest

    Churches have been used as places to meet and conspire to commit acts of
    terrorism, many times through the centuries.

    I think it's clear a person shouldn't have an automatic right to
    assemble for worship, especially with all of the violence condoned by
    the religious texts of the major religions of the world. Most of these
    texts actually encourage genocide against people of differing faiths, or
    methods of worship. Throughout the centuries, they have been used as
    justification of genocide, slavery, torture, forced labor, the overthrow
    of governments and wars. Clearly no one should an automatic right to
    worship whichever way they choose.

    Jack Dingler

    Mitch Haley wrote:

    >"Ken [NY)" wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:05:49 GMT, Jack Dingler <[email protected]>
    >>claims:
    >>

    >>>What laws were they breaking? I thought peaceable assembly was protected
    >>>by the US Constitution.
    >>>

    >> No rights are absolute.
    >>

    >Then no rights are "rights", merely privileges exercised with the
    >government's permission. Would it be ok with you if you had to
    >apply for a deniable permit each weekend before being allowed
    >to attend church, or does that interfere with your concept of
    >the first amendment?
    >
    >Mitch.

  18. Yora Ishmel

    Yora Ishmel Guest

  19. slim

    slim Guest

    "Ken [NY)" wrote:

    > If you can tell us exactly what constitutional right anyone
    > has to block streets where emergency vehicles including fire engines,
    > police vehicles and ambulances have to travel, I would be glad to
    > consider it.

    But its OK for the COPS to have protests without permits, right KKKen?

    Its OK for the protesting COPS without permits to BLOCK TRAFFIC, right KKKen?

    We never see or hear about ARRESTS of COPS who are illegally protesting,
    do we now....KKKen?