Arrowroot is not a substitute for Baking Soda

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Dec 15, 2005.

  1. And it's a good thing I discovered it before I dumped the measure into
    the molten peanut brittle I was making for The Widow Geraldine's funeral
    tomorrow morning. Ack! It just seemed too light and I looked at the
    jar to be sure. Ye gods! She'd really be laughing at me. Hmmmmm, come
    to think of it, maybe it was her hand that guided me to the wrong jar --
    just so my peanut brittle couldn't POSSIBLY be mistaken for hers. Well,
    guess what: It wouldn't be seen as hers under the best conditions!

    The visitation was this evening and I got the name of that mortician.
    She looks better in that box than she did the last time I saw her
    vertical. She'd gotten some sun at her son's (when she'd go outside for
    smokes) and she's got a nice tan. Helluva way to show it off to us,
    though. Her daughter said, "Well, you know she's always hated
    Christmas and she figured out a way to get out of it." Oy.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > And it's a good thing I discovered it before I dumped the measure into
    > the molten peanut brittle I was making for The Widow Geraldine's
    > funeral tomorrow morning. Ack! It just seemed too light and I
    > looked at the jar to be sure. Ye gods! She'd really be laughing at
    > me.

    Ah, but it would have thickened up nicely :D

    Jill