Arthoscopy experiences?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Hall, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Jon Hall

    Jon Hall Guest

    My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
    diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
    (possibly related)"

    i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping the
    other bit, I guess.

    Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give recovery
    times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own experiences?

    *writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

    Tags:

  2. "Jon Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
    > diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
    > (possibly related)"
    >
    > i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping
    > the other bit, I guess.
    >
    > Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give
    > recovery times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own
    > experiences?
    >
    > *writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

    Quit playing basketball ... well that helped a lot for me. Knee problems suck, and they don't seem
    to get better as we get older. The only thing of value I can recommend is to get a second opinion, I
    did last year and they convinced me not to get any surgery just yet. A little physicaly therapy, a
    lot of riding and no basketball, and things are holding up OK. YMMV.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

  3. Jon Hall wrote:
    > My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
    > diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
    > (possibly related)"
    >
    > i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping
    > the other bit, I guess.
    >
    > Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give
    > recovery times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own
    > experiences?
    >
    > *writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

    http://www.shavings.net/kneescope.htm

    Do your P.T., but don't over-do it!!!!!