Arthoscopy experiences?

Jon Hall

Guest
My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
(possibly related)"

i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping the
other bit, I guess.

Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give recovery
times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own experiences?

*writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

"Jon Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
> diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
> (possibly related)"
>
> i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping
> the other bit, I guess.
>
> Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give
> recovery times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own
> experiences?
>
> *writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

Quit playing basketball ... well that helped a lot for me. Knee problems suck, and they don't seem
to get better as we get older. The only thing of value I can recommend is to get a second opinion, I
did last year and they convinced me not to get any surgery just yet. A little physicaly therapy, a
lot of riding and no basketball, and things are holding up OK. YMMV.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

Jon Hall wrote:
> My dodgy knee of a few months ago has (following a remarkable looking MRI scan result) been
> diagnosed as something along the lines of "defect in cartilage causing bone brusing and lesion
> (possibly related)"
>
> i.e. there's a bit of cartilage in there together with the hole it came out of which is scraping
> the other bit, I guess.
>
> Anyway, it's a day patient knee op in 4-5 weeks for me. A few previous threads seem to give
> recovery times of between a week or so and a few months. Anyone willing to share their own
> experiences?
>
> *writes off Ridgeway Lemming... damn*

http://www.shavings.net/kneescope.htm

Do your P.T., but don't over-do it!!!!!