Article on kids' safety

> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "David Kerber" <ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Team sports have benefits other than the rare chance of getting a scholarship or making a
> > > living at them. Working as a team, working
hard
> > > to achieve a goal, physical fitness, making friends beyond the crowd
you
> > > normally hang out with, to name just a few.
> >
> > Big Fat F*&%in' Whoopee.
>
> That's why I love you Claire. You are SOOO to-the-point.

I will confess I originally wrote the above with the F word intact.

> Indeed. I find it absolutely appalling that children are being driven to school when they live
> less than a half mile from their schools.

Most of the kids in our neighborhood walk the four blocks to school. One mother drives her kids in
the family SUV. Because there's two direct walking paths, but no direct road to the school, it takes
longer for her to drive (both in distance and time) than to walk. Go figure.

Warm Regards,

Claire No sig right now

news:eek:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > Sometimes I have to wonder what passes for thinking these days. Do you really suppose that Frank
> > is so stupid that he just blurts out stuff without consideration?
>
> First, it wasn't Frank who said big schools were cheaper.

Matt, you seemed to have lost the string of conversation. Not difficult in a thread this long.

Claire Petersky wrote:

> Most of the kids in our neighborhood walk the four blocks to school. One mother drives her kids in
> the family SUV. Because there's two direct walking paths, but no direct road to the school, it
> takes longer for her to drive (both in distance and time) than to walk. Go figure.

All neighborhoods should be designed this way!

Matt O.