Article on Velocity in todays Hun

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Sep 12, 2004.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Duo ride trade cycle
    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10749375%255E462,00.html
    FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smith rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks a professional's fancy accessories.

    "Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating," the businessman joked.

    BTW, read in The Age yesterday about the bike heist in South Melbourne of Konas, was the LBS Bike Now?

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    cnr of park n kings way. address is right for
    bnow

  3. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

  4. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    now I can view Giant's site I think Peter Brock was riding a Revive 2004.
    Think he was dinking Anna Mears, but I'm lowsy with faces, even with the group photo just above.

    the photo is not in the online story.
    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10747007%255E11088,00.html

  5. aeek <[email protected]> wrote in message

    (snip)

    > Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant
    > "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

    Aeek, please don't insult the humble BikeE by lumping it in with that
    thingy from Giant...

    Poor much derrided BikeE was (and still is) a classic - the father of
    the production recumbent of the 90's. Its certainly the reason why a
    whole lot of the US got to riding recumbents, and also the reason for
    a few others in the Rest Of the World..

    BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??

    Tom

  6. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    how would you pronounce Ae? The long form Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
    works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

  7. aeek <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tom Nicholson Wrote:
    > >
    > > BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??
    > >

    > how would you pronounce Ae? The long form
    > Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
    > works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

    Yup thats just about what I thought...