Article on Velocity in todays Hun

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Duo ride trade cycle
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10749375%255E462,00.html
FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smith rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks a professional's fancy accessories.

"Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating," the businessman joked.

BTW, read in The Age yesterday about the bike heist in South Melbourne of Konas, was the LBS Bike Now?

cfsmtb said:
Duo ride trade cycle
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10749375%255E462,00.html
FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smith rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks a professional's fancy accessories.

"Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating," the businessman joked.

BTW, read in The Age yesterday about the bike heist in South Melbourne of Konas, was the LBS Bike Now?
cnr of park n kings way. address is right for
bnow

cfsmtb said:
Duo ride trade cycle
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10749375%255E462,00.html
FOR a bloke who makes bike parts, it's surprising that Grant Smith rides home 28km on a hybrid road-mountain cycle he reckons lacks a professional's fancy accessories.

"Those guys that have all the good gear, I reckon they're cheating," the businessman joked.

Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

aeek said:
Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

now I can view Giant's site I think Peter Brock was riding a Revive 2004.
Think he was dinking Anna Mears, but I'm lowsy with faces, even with the group photo just above.

the photo is not in the online story.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,10747007%255E11088,00.html

aeek <[email protected]> wrote in message

(snip)

> Also p11, the photo of Peter Brock dinking ???? (no helmets) on a Giant
> "that looks a bit like a Bike-E"

Aeek, please don't insult the humble BikeE by lumping it in with that
thingy from Giant...

Poor much derrided BikeE was (and still is) a classic - the father of
the production recumbent of the 90's. Its certainly the reason why a
whole lot of the US got to riding recumbents, and also the reason for
a few others in the Rest Of the World..

BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??

Tom

Tom Nicholson said:
BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??

how would you pronounce Ae? The long form Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

aeek <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tom Nicholson Wrote:
> >
> > BTW how do you pronunce Aeek??
> >

> how would you pronounce Ae? The long form
> Aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
> works quite well when I die constantly in a MPFPS.

Yup thats just about what I thought...