Articles on Jeanson's website

MMan37x

Guest
I don't usually read the French articles on Geneviève Jeanson's website since I
can't get through them without resorting to the usually unsatisfactory aid of
Babelfish, but I was looking today and found these:

http://callisto.si.usherb.ca/~collecti/vol27/v27n18/tribune_1.htm

http://www.geocities.com/velonouvelles/articles/04/sept/FR20.html

The first is a diatribe about André Aubut's influence on her. The second is
about the non-renewal of Rona's sponsorship and her need to find a new team for
2005, but it also takes a parting shot at Aubut in the last sentence ("good
time for her to consider a change of 'entourage'").

Since she's always (publicly, at least) supported Aubut, it's interesting that
these articles would be on her own website. I don't suppose she updates it
herself, but I wonder who does and who has to approve of what's posted.

Interesting ...

M Man

On 06 Oct 2004 22:22:07 GMT, [email protected] (MMan37x) wrote:

>Since she's always (publicly, at least) supported Aubut, it's interesting that
>these articles would be on her own website.

What is the URL of this site? Are you sure it is hers and not a fan's
site?

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

>>Since she's always (publicly, at least) supported Aubut, it's interesting
>that
>>these articles would be on her own website.

>What is the URL of this site? Are you sure it is hers and not a fan's
>site?
>
>JT

Actually, that's an interesting question. I don't recall where I first found a
link to it, but I remember it was linked as *her* site.

www.geocities.com/genevievejeanson

It's very impersonal, though. It doesn't really look like a fan site (who's
the fan?). It looks like something done by a webmaster on her behalf without
much involvement by her.

M Man

On 07 Oct 2004 00:20:38 GMT, [email protected] (MMan37x) wrote:

> I don't recall where I first found a
>link to it, but I remember it was linked as *her* site.
>
>www.geocities.com/genevievejeanson
>
>It's very impersonal, though.

> It doesn't really look like a fan site

I don't understand what you mean by that.

>(who's the fan?).

Probably Guy Maguire

>It looks like something done by a webmaster on her behalf without
>much involvement by her.

There is no evidence in anything I can see that it is her site. In
fact, given that it talks about her in the third person ( "Geneviève a
participé..", "Geneviève s'est entraînée.." , "Geneviève wins the...")
it's almost certainly not hers.

It's clearly about her, but that's not the same thing.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"MMan37x" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >>Since she's always (publicly, at least) supported Aubut, it's

interesting
> >that
> >>these articles would be on her own website.

> >What is the URL of this site? Are you sure it is hers and not a fan's
> >site?
> >
> >JT
> >

> Actually, that's an interesting question. I don't recall where I first

found a
> link to it, but I remember it was linked as *her* site.
>
> www.geocities.com/genevievejeanson
>
> It's very impersonal, though. It doesn't really look like a fan site

(who's
> the fan?). It looks like something done by a webmaster on her behalf

without
> much involvement by her.
>

> M Man

Jeanson doesn't have a website, and her email is also very private.

Rona has an official team site:
www.equiperona.ca

For a chuckle, here's what they wrote about 2003 Worlds:

La saison se termine avec les Championnats du Monde. L'Équipe cycliste
RONA y est fort bien représentée. Geneviève Jeanson et Erinne Willock
courent avec l'équipe canadienne, Meshy Holt avec L'équipe
néo-zélandaise, Magali Le Floc'h avec l'équipe française et Karen
Bockel avec l'équipe allemande. Geneviève remporte la cinquième place
au contre-la-montre, et Magali, la 14e place à la course sur route. Un
problème de santé empêche Geneviève de prendre le départ de cette
dernière épreuve. Elle est déçue mais le travail formidable de
l'Équipe cycliste RONA et les nombreuses victoires remportées ensemble
lui ont fait vivre des moments d'intensité inoubliables.

My translation:
The season ends with the World Championships. The RONA cycling team
is very well represented. Geneviève Jeanson and Erinne Willock race
with the Canadian team, Meshy Holt with the New-Zealand team, Magali
Le Floc'h with the French team, and Karen Bockel with the German team.
Geneviève takes fifth place in the time trial, and Magali is
fourteenth in the road race. A health problem prevents Geneviève
from taking the start of this last race. She is disappointed but the
fantastic work of the RONA cycling team and the numerous victories
they obtained together gave her some vivid and unforgettable
experiences.

I gather from the site that Geneviève has been playing Trilby to
Aubut's Svengali for ten years; among the team, she seems to have the
least education and experience of life beyond cycling.

>My translation:
>"A health problem prevents Geneviève
>from taking the start of this last race.

An interesting description ...

>She is disappointed but the
>fantastic work of the RONA cycling team and the numerous victories
>they obtained together gave her some vivid and unforgettable
>experiences."
>
>I gather from the site that Geneviève has been playing Trilby to
>Aubut's Svengali for ten years; among the team, she seems to have the
>least education and experience of life beyond cycling.

Yeah, apparently Aubut was teaching high school, working summers in a bike
shop, and Jeanson and her father walked in and asked for a trainer or coach,
and Aubut volunteered.
Jeanson was 12 at the time.

I wonder what the heck her parents thought of all this when she was still a
minor. Not that they couldn't at least speak up now.

Does she listen to anyone (except Aubut) about anything?

M Man

D. Fred Last wrote:

> I gather from the site that Geneviève has been playing Trilby to
> Aubut's Svengali for ten years; among the team, she seems to have the
> least education and experience of life beyond cycling.

Maybe she's the Lolita to his Humbert Humbert.

I wonder what her parents have to say about the last year.