As the weekend approaches...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Davek, May 20, 2004.

  1. Davek

    Davek Guest

    ...so does the rain. Pah!

    d.

    Tags:

  2. Vernon Levy

    Vernon Levy Guest

    > ...so does the rain. Pah!

    Not according to www.weather.co.uk for the Leeds
    area...yippeee!!!

    Vernon anticipating a couple of nice rides :)

  3. >Not according to www.weather.co.uk for the Leeds
    >area...yippeee!!!
    >
    >Vernon anticipating a couple of nice rides :)

    Nor for Norfolk. Some showers forecast for today, and then
    the rest of the weekend dry. Of course that means it's
    indeed likely to pee it down all weekend ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
    correct one remove fame & fortune

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
    is switched off--

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    davek wrote:

    > ...so does the rain. Pah!

    It has already arrived: last night, riding home, I was both
    Cold and Wet. This was at least partly because, having
    failed to appreciate that glorious sun would give way to
    Cold and Wet, I had neglected to bring my waterproof...

    --
    Guy
    ===

    Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

  5. Nor yet for London Town Devine and The Surrounding Spaces. I
    feel an attack of Tricycling coming on, though the
    temptation to cheer Herr Schumacher to a record-breaking
    sixth consecutive win is strong.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > It has already arrived: last night, riding home, I was
    > both Cold and Wet. This was at least partly because,
    > having failed to appreciate that glorious sun would give
    > way to Cold and Wet, I had neglected to bring my
    > waterproof...

    Ditto. Riding back at 12.30am wearing a T-Shirt and shorts
    finishing a 40mile ride was invigorating, it seemed like the
    rain was horizontal as I could barely see a thing. Luckily
    for them no-one annoyed me on the way back.

    Having said that earlier on in the ride I managed a
    reasonable 38 mph on the downhill approaching Totteridge
    tube station, I was so impressed I went back and got a more
    respectable 42 mph. Yay, for it is windrush goodness.

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > davek wrote:
    >
    >> ...so does the rain. Pah!
    >
    > It has already arrived: last night, riding home, I was
    > both Cold and Wet. This was at least partly because,
    > having failed to appreciate that glorious sun would give
    > way to Cold and Wet, I had neglected to bring my
    > waterproof...

    I thought D'Irth Vader went too fast to be troubled by
    things like raindrops

    Tony

  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > It has already arrived: last night, riding home, I was
    > both Cold and Wet.

    I for one, riding in sandals, was very glad that my feet are
    waterproof.

    > This was at least partly because, having failed to
    > appreciate that glorious sun would give way to Cold and
    > Wet, I had neglected to bring my waterproof...

    I was also glad that I had packed my windproof gilet. I
    still had bare arms, legs and feet, and it was a
    remarkably cold rain for the time of year, but I was just
    about warm enough.

    --
    Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my
    reply address)