Ascending Aortic Aneurysm

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Tom B, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Tom B

    Tom B Guest

    Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance - I am seeking info for my dad with the above condition.

    I am seeking an online resource for data on the number of cardiac procedures performed in the US of various types by doctors/hospitals, and also success rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly rare so I'm looking for the best.. Thanks-- Tom

    Tags:

  2. tom b wrote:

    > Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance - I am seeking info for
    > my dad with the above condition.
    >
    > I am seeking an online resource for data on the number of cardiac procedures
    > performed in the US of various types by doctors/hospitals, and also success
    > rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are too general. The
    > ascending type of aneurysm is fairly rare so I'm looking for the best..

    Imho, your best starting source of info would be your father's cardiologist.

    > Thanks--

    Praise be to God, Tom.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. Tom B

    Tom B Guest

    Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
    procedures' by the local small town cardiologist.
    Thanks, tom

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > tom b wrote:
    >
    > > Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance -
    > > I am seeking info
    for my
    > > dad with the above condition.
    > >
    > > I am seeking an online resource for data on the number
    > > of cardiac
    procedures
    > > performed in the US of various types by
    > > doctors/hospitals, and also
    success
    > > rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are
    > > too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly
    > > rare so I'm looking for the best..
    >
    > Imho, your best starting source of info would be your
    > father's
    cardiologist.

    > > Thanks--
    >
    > Praise be to God, Tom.
    >

    > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    >
    > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    >
    > What is all this about?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
    >
    > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "tom b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
    > procedures' by the local small town cardiologist.
    > Thanks, tom

    Well that's sure not good enough. But Dr. Chung is right, I
    don't think there is any online source for this specific
    procedure - at least I have never heard of any. The best
    source of information is word of mouth in your area. What
    area are you looking to have the procedue done? Maybe
    someone here can suggest something. Or if there is a large
    University Hospital nearby you could perhaps call there and
    see if you could get more info.

    Bill
    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > ws.teranews.com...
    > > tom b wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance
    > > > - I am seeking info
    > for my
    > > > dad with the above condition.
    > > >
    > > > I am seeking an online resource for data on the number
    > > > of cardiac
    > procedures
    > > > performed in the US of various types by
    > > > doctors/hospitals, and also
    > success
    > > > rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are
    > > > too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly
    > > > rare so I'm looking for the best..
    > >
    > > Imho, your best starting source of info would be your
    > > father's
    > cardiologist.
    > >

    > > > Thanks--
    > >
    > > Praise be to God, Tom.
    > >

    > > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
    > >
    > > Andrew
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > > http://www.heartmdphd.com/
    > >
    > > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
    > >
    > > What is all this about?
    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
    > >
    > > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  5. Tom B

    Tom B Guest

    Thanks. I figured my dad would go to UCLA, his alma mater,
    and get referrals directly. He just asked for the statistics
    on # procedures/success rate. I found a commercial site that
    sells reports with numbers for cardiac procedures in
    general, but i'm sure a printed compendium of very specific
    stats is out there somewhere.. Thanks again, tom

    news:p[email protected]...

    > "tom b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
    > > procedures' by
    the
    > > local small town cardiologist. Thanks, tom
    > >

    > Well that's sure not good enough. But Dr. Chung is right,
    > I don't think
    there
    > is any online source for this specific procedure - at
    > least I have never
    heard
    > of any. The best source of information is word of mouth in
    > your area. What area are you looking to have the procedue
    > done? Maybe someone here can
    suggest
    > something. Or if there is a large University Hospital
    > nearby you could
    perhaps
    > call there and see if you could get more info.
    >
    > Bill
    > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > news.teranews.com...

    info
    > > for my