Ascending Aortic Aneurysm

Tom B

Guest
Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance - I am seeking info for my dad with the above condition.

I am seeking an online resource for data on the number of cardiac procedures performed in the US of various types by doctors/hospitals, and also success rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly rare so I'm looking for the best.. Thanks-- Tom

tom b wrote:

> Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance - I am seeking info for
> my dad with the above condition.
>
> I am seeking an online resource for data on the number of cardiac procedures
> performed in the US of various types by doctors/hospitals, and also success
> rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are too general. The
> ascending type of aneurysm is fairly rare so I'm looking for the best..

Imho, your best starting source of info would be your father's cardiologist.

> Thanks--

Praise be to God, Tom.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
procedures' by the local small town cardiologist.
Thanks, tom

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote
in message
news:[email protected]...
> tom b wrote:
>
> > Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance -
> > I am seeking info
for my
> > dad with the above condition.
> >
> > I am seeking an online resource for data on the number
> > of cardiac
procedures
> > performed in the US of various types by
> > doctors/hospitals, and also
success
> > rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are
> > too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly
> > rare so I'm looking for the best..
>
> Imho, your best starting source of info would be your
> father's
cardiologist.

> > Thanks--
>
> Praise be to God, Tom.
>

> Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/
>
> ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
>
> What is all this about?
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
>
> Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

"tom b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
> procedures' by the local small town cardiologist.
> Thanks, tom

Well that's sure not good enough. But Dr. Chung is right, I
don't think there is any online source for this specific
procedure - at least I have never heard of any. The best
source of information is word of mouth in your area. What
area are you looking to have the procedue done? Maybe
someone here can suggest something. Or if there is a large
University Hospital nearby you could perhaps call there and
see if you could get more info.

Bill
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message news:e5561fdefd7d56ffa1cf2f60b8a755e4@ne-
> ws.teranews.com...
> > tom b wrote:
> >
> > > Hi: Alt.coffee member here asking for some assistance
> > > - I am seeking info
> for my
> > > dad with the above condition.
> > >
> > > I am seeking an online resource for data on the number
> > > of cardiac
> procedures
> > > performed in the US of various types by
> > > doctors/hospitals, and also
> success
> > > rate info. The sources I've found so far googling are
> > > too general. The ascending type of aneurysm is fairly
> > > rare so I'm looking for the best..
> >
> > Imho, your best starting source of info would be your
> > father's
> cardiologist.
> >

> > > Thanks--
> >
> > Praise be to God, Tom.
> >

> > Servant to the humblest person in the universe,
> >
> > Andrew
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/
> >
> > ** Who is the humblest person in the universe?
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557
> >
> > What is all this about?
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397
> >
> > Is this spam? http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

Thanks. I figured my dad would go to UCLA, his alma mater,
and get referrals directly. He just asked for the statistics
on # procedures/success rate. I found a commercial site that
sells reports with numbers for cardiac procedures in
general, but i'm sure a printed compendium of very specific
stats is out there somewhere.. Thanks again, tom

news:p[email protected]...

> "tom b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Dad was referred to 'somewhere that does a lot of these
> > procedures' by
the
> > local small town cardiologist. Thanks, tom
> >

> Well that's sure not good enough. But Dr. Chung is right,
> I don't think
there
> is any online source for this specific procedure - at
> least I have never
heard
> of any. The best source of information is word of mouth in
> your area. What area are you looking to have the procedue
> done? Maybe someone here can
suggest
> something. Or if there is a large University Hospital
> nearby you could
perhaps
> call there and see if you could get more info.
>
> Bill
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
> > wrote in message news:e5561fdefd7d56ffa1cf2f60b8a755e4@-
> > news.teranews.com...

info
> > for my