Ascent wireless 4lw cyclo-computer



K

Ken C. M.

Guest
I just put one of these on my 'bent and the only issue it seems to have
is that the computer doesn't automatically come on when the magent
rotates past the sensor. I test rode it yesterday on a know distance
route and it seems to work just fine. I am just wondering does anyone
have one of these? I read the instructions again and can't seem to
figure the problem out. Is it a defect, should I send it back to nashbar
for an exchange. Seems like a minor thing, I can turn it on by pressing
either button.

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: now with it's very own domain name
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/
 
F

Fritz

Guest
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:42:41 -0500, "Ken C. M."
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I just put one of these on my 'bent and the only issue it seems to have
>is that the computer doesn't automatically come on when the magent
>rotates past the sensor. I test rode it yesterday on a know distance
>route and it seems to work just fine. I am just wondering does anyone
>have one of these? I read the instructions again and can't seem to
>figure the problem out. Is it a defect, should I send it back to nashbar
>for an exchange. Seems like a minor thing, I can turn it on by pressing
>either button.
>
>Ken



It is the designed to have to be manually turned on after it shuts
down. You will get used to it.

Also, If you are in a city with traffic light sensors in the road
you will find that if you park on top of one your top speed can go as
high as 75 miles per hour when you are standing still!
 
K

Ken C. M.

Guest
Fritz wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:42:41 -0500, "Ken C. M."
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>I just put one of these on my 'bent and the only issue it seems to have
>>is that the computer doesn't automatically come on when the magent
>>rotates past the sensor. I test rode it yesterday on a know distance
>>route and it seems to work just fine. I am just wondering does anyone
>>have one of these? I read the instructions again and can't seem to
>>figure the problem out. Is it a defect, should I send it back to nashbar
>>for an exchange. Seems like a minor thing, I can turn it on by pressing
>>either button.
>>
>>Ken

>
>
>
> It is the designed to have to be manually turned on after it shuts
> down. You will get used to it.
>
> Also, If you are in a city with traffic light sensors in the road
> you will find that if you park on top of one your top speed can go as
> high as 75 miles per hour when you are standing still!
>
>

Ah okay, I thought I read that it was supposed to turn on when the
magnet passed the sensor. 75 while standing still! WOW!

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: now with it's very own domain name
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/
 
A

Andrew Price

Guest
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:26:35 -0500, "Ken C. M."
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ah okay, I thought I read that it was supposed to turn on when the
>magnet passed the sensor.


Some do, some don't. I've had both - a Ciclo (which did) and a Sigma
(which didn't). As Fritz says, it depends on the design.

>75 while standing still! WOW!


That also happens if you have it in your pocket and walk past the
anti-theft barriers in supermarkets.
 
K

Ken C. M.

Guest
Andrew Price wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:26:35 -0500, "Ken C. M."
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>Ah okay, I thought I read that it was supposed to turn on when the
>>magnet passed the sensor.

>
>
> Some do, some don't. I've had both - a Ciclo (which did) and a Sigma
> (which didn't). As Fritz says, it depends on the design.
>

Ah ok, I guess it's not a defect then. I guess I will just have to get
used to hitting one of the buttons before riding off. I am used to my
cateye that turns on automatically.

>
>>75 while standing still! WOW!

>
>
> That also happens if you have it in your pocket and walk past the
> anti-theft barriers in supermarkets.


Well that will mess with the average speed a bit I guess.

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: now with it's very own domain name
http://www.bikesandmoreonline.com/
 
A

Andrew Price

Guest
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:06:30 -0500, "Ken C. M."
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>>75 while standing still! WOW!

>>
>> That also happens if you have it in your pocket and walk past the
>> anti-theft barriers in supermarkets.

>
>Well that will mess with the average speed a bit I guess.


Also completely buggers up your trip/total mileage readings. In the
end, on my town/winter/railway station bike, which I use for shopping
trips, I ended up leaving the computer at home when going to the
supermarket.