Asheville racing

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John Lieswyn, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. John Lieswyn

    John Lieswyn Guest

    For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read carefully.
    Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene. I only said
    that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO MAKE IT EVER SO
    CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great cycling scene, and
    annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.

    Tags:

  2. "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...
    > For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read carefully.
    > Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene. I only said
    > that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO MAKE IT EVER SO
    > CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great cycling scene, and
    > annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.

    JL - you are the victim of being a big fish in a small pond here. Everybody who is writing you is
    taking every opportunity to try and find fault in someone who is better than them at the thing they
    pride themselves on. Pay the masters has-beens no mind.

    You've written plenty that I've been put off by, but this isn't one of them.

  3. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...
    > > For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read
    > > carefully. Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene.
    > > I only said that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO
    > > MAKE IT EVER SO CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great
    > > cycling scene, and annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.
    >
    > JL - you are the victim of being a big fish in a small pond here. Everybody who is writing you is
    > taking every opportunity to try and find fault in someone who is better than them at the thing
    > they pride themselves on. Pay the masters has-beens no mind.

    What the hell are you talking about ? You mean Bob Schwartz is objecting to John's yellow comments
    because John's a better rider than Bob ? Yeah whatev'.

  4. Andrew Martin wrote:

    > "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...

    > > ... TO MAKE IT EVER SO CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?)

    Seeing this in (of all places) rbr really tickles me. No one on the usenet and internet has ever
    felt they were ... ahem ... misunderstood. I suppose I do *understand* in an ironic sort of way, but
    it really does tickle.