Asheville racing

John Lieswyn

Guest
For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read carefully.
Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene. I only said
that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO MAKE IT EVER SO
CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great cycling scene, and
annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.

"John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...
> For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read carefully.
> Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene. I only said
> that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO MAKE IT EVER SO
> CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great cycling scene, and
> annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.

JL - you are the victim of being a big fish in a small pond here. Everybody who is writing you is
taking every opportunity to try and find fault in someone who is better than them at the thing they
pride themselves on. Pay the masters has-beens no mind.

You've written plenty that I've been put off by, but this isn't one of them.

[email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...
> > For all you people who are emailing me confused about my statements on Asheville, read
> > carefully. Once again, read carefully. I did not say Asheville doesn't have great cycling scene.
> > I only said that Bele Chere isn't around anymore thanks to yellow line rule race disaster. TO
> > MAKE IT EVER SO CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?) Asheville has a great
> > cycling scene, and annual races that are lots of fun and safely run.
>
> JL - you are the victim of being a big fish in a small pond here. Everybody who is writing you is
> taking every opportunity to try and find fault in someone who is better than them at the thing
> they pride themselves on. Pay the masters has-beens no mind.

What the hell are you talking about ? You mean Bob Schwartz is objecting to John's yellow comments
because John's a better rider than Bob ? Yeah whatev'.

Andrew Martin wrote:

> "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<ZuoM9.396888$%[email protected]>...

> > ... TO MAKE IT EVER SO CLEAR (can you tell I'm annoyed that people can't read?)

Seeing this in (of all places) rbr really tickles me. No one on the usenet and internet has ever
felt they were ... ahem ... misunderstood. I suppose I do *understand* in an ironic sort of way, but
it really does tickle.