Ask how to repair / adjust disc brake

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Elaine, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Elaine

    Elaine Guest

    I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper

    I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.

    How to repair it ? thx

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
    >
    > I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
    >
    > How to repair it ? thx

    Contact Magura.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:30:32 -0400, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
    >>
    >> I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
    >>
    >> How to repair it ? thx
    >
    >Contact Magura.
    >
    >- CA-G
    >
    >Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Or replace with Avid Mechs.

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

  4. Zem

    Zem Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote sumpthin like...
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:30:32 -0400, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
    > >>
    > >> I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
    > >>
    > >> How to repair it ? thx
    > >
    > >Contact Magura.
    > >
    > >- CA-G
    > >
    > >Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
    > >
    > Or replace with Avid Mechs.

    No, don't downgrade your bike ;-))

    You should contact Magura, really. They have the best customer support ever. A friend of mine was
    using their brakes for 3-4 years, after one of them broke down. We just couldn't manage to bleed it.
    So he wrote them an e-mail and received lever and caliper by mail.

    They're one great company. Trust a man with double Louise FR, Quake 125 and Magura FUN (soon-2-b
    upgraded to Gustav M) on his bike :))

    --
    ``My name,'' said the mattress, ``is Zem. We could discuss the weather a little.''

  5. Stu

    Stu Guest

    its funny how people that tell us how much they know can have this on there site

    >If, for example, the diameter of the master cylinder is half as big as the diameter of the slave
    >cylinder, the force is quadrupled (however, the distance moved is reduced by 50%).
    http://www.magura.de/english/hydraulik/hydraulik_wie.htm (however, the distance moved is reduced by
    *75*%). l did email them but they must have lost it or maybe they are just not very good with
    english or maybe l have it all wrong