Ask how to repair / adjust disc brake

Elaine

Guest
I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper

I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.

How to repair it ? thx

"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e9d5471$1@shknews01...
> I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
>
> I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
>
> How to repair it ? thx

Contact Magura.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:30:32 -0400, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e9d5471$1@shknews01...
>> I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
>>
>> I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
>>
>> How to repair it ? thx
>
>Contact Magura.
>
>- CA-G
>
>Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Or replace with Avid Mechs.

Peace, Bill

:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote sumpthin like...
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:30:32 -0400, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e9d5471$1@shknews01...
> >> I am using Magura Gustav M, which is Floating Mounting Caliper
> >>
> >> I found a little oil piston. I think problem is the plastic at the valve.
> >>
> >> How to repair it ? thx
> >
> >Contact Magura.
> >
> >- CA-G
> >
> >Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >
> Or replace with Avid Mechs.

No, don't downgrade your bike ;-))

You should contact Magura, really. They have the best customer support ever. A friend of mine was
using their brakes for 3-4 years, after one of them broke down. We just couldn't manage to bleed it.
So he wrote them an e-mail and received lever and caliper by mail.

They're one great company. Trust a man with double Louise FR, Quake 125 and Magura FUN (soon-2-b
upgraded to Gustav M) on his bike :))

--
``My name,'' said the mattress, ``is Zem. We could discuss the weather a little.''

its funny how people that tell us how much they know can have this on there site

>If, for example, the diameter of the master cylinder is half as big as the diameter of the slave
>cylinder, the force is quadrupled (however, the distance moved is reduced by 50%).
http://www.magura.de/english/hydraulik/hydraulik_wie.htm (however, the distance moved is reduced by
*75*%). l did email them but they must have lost it or maybe they are just not very good with
english or maybe l have it all wrong