asking again....

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by warren, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. warren

    warren Guest

    I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this look ok
    or should I up the fat...
    Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I correct...


    Total: 1045
    Fat: 64 572 56%
    Sat: 17 151 15%
    Poly: 19 170 17%
    Mono: 20 184 18%
    Carbs: 21 74 7%
    Fiber: 2 0 0%
    Protein: 95 379 37%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

    Thanks
    Warren
     
    Tags:


  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    why mess with what ain't broke?


    warren wrote:
    || I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this
    || look ok or should I up the fat...
    || Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I correct...
    ||
    ||
    || Total: 1045
    || Fat: 64 572 56%
    || Sat: 17 151 15%
    || Poly: 19 170 17%
    || Mono: 20 184 18%
    || Carbs: 21 74 7%
    || Fiber: 2 0 0%
    || Protein: 95 379 37%
    || Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    ||
    || Thanks
    || Warren
     
  3. Jeri

    Jeri Guest

    warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this look
    > ok or should I up the fat...
    > Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I correct...
    >
    >
    > Total: 1045
    > Fat: 64 572 56%
    > Sat: 17 151 15%
    > Poly: 19 170 17%
    > Mono: 20 184 18%
    > Carbs: 21 74 7%
    > Fiber: 2 0 0%
    > Protein: 95 379 37%
    > Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    >
    > Thanks
    > Warren


    You should up your fiber or you're going to be rather uncomfortable soon.
    When you keep to 20g of carbs most of them should be coming from veggies.
    How much do you weigh? 1045 total calories seems low.
     
  4. warren

    warren Guest

    Hi...
    1000 turned into 1250 tonight with an atkins bar. Some fiber there.
    I take a fiber pill when necessary but I have a salad and grilled
    chicken for lunch. I eat a salad every day for lunch, generally with
    some meat or poultry.....
    I am 6 ft 190 trying for 184...... my high was 214 but that was only for
    about 6 months. I generally avg about 190. Because of a death in the
    family over the summer I have gained a little.
    W

    Jeri wrote:
    > warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this look
    >>ok or should I up the fat...
    >>Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I correct...
    >>
    >>
    >>Total: 1045
    >>Fat: 64 572 56%
    >>Sat: 17 151 15%
    >>Poly: 19 170 17%
    >>Mono: 20 184 18%
    >>Carbs: 21 74 7%
    >>Fiber: 2 0 0%
    >>Protein: 95 379 37%
    >>Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Warren

    >
    >
    > You should up your fiber or you're going to be rather uncomfortable soon.
    > When you keep to 20g of carbs most of them should be coming from veggies.
    > How much do you weigh? 1045 total calories seems low.
    >
    >
     
  5. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    warren wrote:
    || Hi...
    || 1000 turned into 1250 tonight with an atkins bar. Some fiber there.
    || I take a fiber pill when necessary but I have a salad and grilled
    || chicken for lunch. I eat a salad every day for lunch, generally with
    || some meat or poultry.....
    || I am 6 ft 190 trying for 184...... my high was 214 but that was only
    || for about 6 months. I generally avg about 190. Because of a death in
    || the family over the summer I have gained a little.
    || W

    try to keep it above 1200...

    ||
    || Jeri wrote:
    ||| warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    |||
    |||| I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this
    |||| look
    |||| ok or should I up the fat...
    |||| Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I
    |||| correct...
    ||||
    ||||
    |||| Total: 1045
    |||| Fat: 64 572 56%
    |||| Sat: 17 151 15%
    |||| Poly: 19 170 17%
    |||| Mono: 20 184 18%
    |||| Carbs: 21 74 7%
    |||| Fiber: 2 0 0%
    |||| Protein: 95 379 37%
    |||| Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    ||||
    |||| Thanks
    |||| Warren
    |||
    |||
    ||| You should up your fiber or you're going to be rather uncomfortable
    ||| soon. When you keep to 20g of carbs most of them should be coming
    ||| from veggies. How much do you weigh? 1045 total calories seems low.
     
  6. warren

    warren Guest

    This was yesterday. It looks good to me. What about you.....
    In there are two atkins bars.
    Do they skew the numbers as far as carbs go or can you trust net carbs.....
    W



    Calories Eaten Today

    source grams cals %total

    Total: 1588

    Fat: 95 851 52%
    Sat: 28 249 15%
    Poly: 27 245 15%
    Mono: 24 214 13%
    Carbs: 26 93 6%
    Protein:175 701 43%

    -------------------------------------------------------


    Roger Zoul wrote:
    > warren wrote:
    > || Hi...
    > || 1000 turned into 1250 tonight with an atkins bar. Some fiber there.
    > || I take a fiber pill when necessary but I have a salad and grilled
    > || chicken for lunch. I eat a salad every day for lunch, generally with
    > || some meat or poultry.....
    > || I am 6 ft 190 trying for 184...... my high was 214 but that was only
    > || for about 6 months. I generally avg about 190. Because of a death in
    > || the family over the summer I have gained a little.
    > || W
    >
    > try to keep it above 1200...
    >
    > ||
    > || Jeri wrote:
    > ||| warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    > |||
    > |||| I am losing on the following ratio. I am in Ketosis... Does this
    > |||| look
    > |||| ok or should I up the fat...
    > |||| Should be 75% fat and 5% carb and 20% for protein??? am I
    > |||| correct...
    > ||||
    > ||||
    > |||| Total: 1045
    > |||| Fat: 64 572 56%
    > |||| Sat: 17 151 15%
    > |||| Poly: 19 170 17%
    > |||| Mono: 20 184 18%
    > |||| Carbs: 21 74 7%
    > |||| Fiber: 2 0 0%
    > |||| Protein: 95 379 37%
    > |||| Alcohol: 0 0 0%
    > ||||
    > |||| Thanks
    > |||| Warren
    > |||
    > |||
    > ||| You should up your fiber or you're going to be rather uncomfortable
    > ||| soon. When you keep to 20g of carbs most of them should be coming
    > ||| from veggies. How much do you weigh? 1045 total calories seems low.
    >
    >
     
  7. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi Warren,

    On 13-Jan-2005, warren <[email protected]> wrote:

    > This was yesterday. It looks good to me. What about you.....
    > In there are two atkins bars.
    > Do they skew the numbers as far as carbs go or can you trust net
    > carbs.....
    > W
    >
    >
    >
    > Calories Eaten Today
    >
    > source grams cals %total
    >
    > Total: 1588
    >
    > Fat: 95 851 52%
    > Sat: 28 249 15%
    > Poly: 27 245 15%
    > Mono: 24 214 13%
    > Carbs: 26 93 6%
    > Protein:175 701 43%
    >
    > -------------------------------------------------------


    If you're referring to the Advantage bars and not the candy bars at
    least your fiber intake is better. :)
    On the sugar alcohols it depends on how you react to them. Bottom
    line is, as long as you can stay healthy or better yet improve your
    health while you're progressing towards a healthier weight you're
    doing what's right for you.

    Take care,
    Carmen
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned
     
Loading...