Aspartame & Diabetes

mellstrr wrote:

>> > Are you saying that ALL the attacks on aspartame on the
Internet
>> > trace back to "Dr." Betty, or just the ones relevant to
diabetes?

They all relate back to Betty.

> So you're saying that she's responsible for ALL the
attacks on
> Aspartame?
>
> Funny, I don't see that here:
>
> http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

All based on Betty's ramblings.

> http://www.sweetpoison.com/

Ditto

> God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
me a whole
> five minutes to look this up

Have you read medical site like Medscape etc? Or just
amateur googling? Amazing how much **** you can find doing a
google search.

> The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that, I'm
sorry for
> you.

You are parrotting morons. Your argument about who is
scratching whose back isn't relevant in Australia. It has
not been proved unsafe by any reputable research team or
doctor, anywhere. You can google til the cows come home.
Better to try proper medical sites when you are gullible.
The blood pressure rise you get trying to defend your poor
case here is more dangerous to you than aspartame.

cc'd by email 2what part of

don't you understand

mellstrr wrote:

> "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>"mellstrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>Perhaps I wasn't specific enough for you.
>>>
>>>Are you saying that ALL the attacks on aspartame on the
>>>Internet trace
>>
>>back
>>
>>>to "Dr." Betty, or just the ones relevant to diabetes?
>>
>>Betty is NOT a Dr. and she is the one who started this
>>whole Aspartame Urband legend.
>

> So you're saying that she's responsible for ALL the
> attacks on Aspartame?
>
> Funny, I don't see that here:
>
> http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
>
> Or here:
>
> http://www.sweetpoison.com/
>
> Dr. Hull is a real doctor. And she says a lot of the same
> stuff Betty does, though I haven't looked through her
> site to check any mentions of "diabetes" in relation
> to aspartame.
>
> God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
> me a whole five minutes to look this up.
>
> The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that, I'm
> sorry for you.
>
> mellstrr

"mellstrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Funny, I don't see that here:

<snip>

> Or here:

<snip>

I didn't say you would SEE it! But it does all trace
back to her.

> Dr. Hull is a real doctor. And she says a lot of the same
> stuff Betty
does,
> though I haven't looked through her site to check any
> mentions of
"diabetes"
> in relation to aspartame.

There IS no relationship between Aspartame and diabetes,
except that a lot of diabetics use it. I don't know if
Dr. Hull is a real Dr. or not. And I also don't know why
she says what she does. Could it be that she read what
Betty wrote and believes it to be true? I was once warned
of the dangers of Aspartame by the leader of my diabetes
support group. She had printed off page after page of
stuff that came from Betty. She found it on the Internet,
therefore it must be true! Or so she thought. And so a
lot of people think.

> God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
> me a whole five minutes to look this up.

You're calling me a shill? Who am I shilling for then? Or
would that be whom? Took me less than 5 minutes to look up
my three links.

> The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that, I'm
> sorry for you.

It's perfectly safe. Don't feel sorry for me. I am swigging
down my Diet Coke with Lime as I type. Yummy!

--
Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

The problem hare is not the sweetener. This is a diabetic
group and it does not need irrational disruptions. I have no
idea if it has any problems. None have been observed in
years. We get trash post as it is. I have talked to
competent people and they do not see the alleged chemistry.
A good example is sodium chloride. TABLE SALT. Sodium and
chlorine are dangerous items. Try to omit table salt.

If you don't like the item do not use it. But quit trying to
trash a diabetic group. It has serve me well. Guy

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"mellstrr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> Funny, I don't see that here:
>
><snip>
>>
>> Or here:
>
><snip>
>
>I didn't say you would SEE it! But it does all trace
>back to her.
>
>> Dr. Hull is a real doctor. And she says a lot of the same
>> stuff Betty
>does,
>> though I haven't looked through her site to check any
>> mentions of
>"diabetes"
>> in relation to aspartame.
>
>There IS no relationship between Aspartame and diabetes,
>except that a lot of diabetics use it. I don't know if
>Dr. Hull is a real Dr. or not. And I also don't know why
>she says what she does. Could it be that she read what
>Betty wrote and believes it to be true? I was once warned
>of the dangers of Aspartame by the leader of my diabetes
>support group. She had printed off page after page of
>stuff that came from Betty. She found it on the Internet,
>therefore it must be true! Or so she thought. And so a
>lot of people think.
>>
>> God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
>> me a whole five minutes to look this up.
>
>You're calling me a shill? Who am I shilling for then? Or
>would that be whom? Took me less than 5 minutes to look up
>my three links.
>>
>> The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that,
>> I'm sorry for you.
>
>It's perfectly safe. Don't feel sorry for me. I am swigging
>down my Diet Coke with Lime as I type. Yummy!

"Ted Rosenberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cc'd by email 2what part of

You wish. I've been out here for awhile now.

My, this topic makes you awfully, awfully touchy...

> don't you understand

Perfectly, dipshit. You either have a stake in it (maybe you
own Monsanto stock?), or you're a Diet Coke junkie, you've
read the horror stories, too, but you're in total denial
because you just can't give 'em up....

> beings alone.

I never heard of her until yesterday. And today I found a
link from a Doctor that makes similar assertions, after
somebody else went off on me because "Betty" wasn't a
"Ph.D". If you want to show that my link traces back to
"Betty" (e.g. a link that shows the doctor I posted a
link to came up with her conclusions from "Betty"), fine,
have at it.

Meantime, whatever floats your boat, "Ted". The rest is your
opinion and you're welcome to it, as I am mine.

And if you have a problem with that, that's just too
damned bad.

mellstrr--welcome to Usenet, where the big dogs bark and the
little-bitty shills stomp their feet and whine when they
can't shut someone up with insults...

> mellstrr wrote:
>
> > "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>back

> >>Betty is NOT a Dr. and she is the one who started this
> >>whole Aspartame Urband legend.
> >

> > So you're saying that she's responsible for ALL the
> > attacks on
Aspartame?

> > Funny, I don't see that here:
> >
> > http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
> >
> > Or here:
> >
> > http://www.sweetpoison.com/
> >
> > Dr. Hull is a real doctor. And she says a lot of the
> > same stuff Betty
does,
> > though I haven't looked through her site to check any
> > mentions of
"diabetes"
> > in relation to aspartame.
> >
> > God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
> > me a whole five minutes to look this up.
> >
> > The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that,
> > I'm sorry for
you.

> > mellstrr

"Ozgirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Internet
> diabetes?
>
> They all relate back to Betty.

And you're going to show us all how, right?

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
http://www.sweetpoison.com/

And of course, you'll be very specific...

> > The blood pressure rise you get trying to defend
> > your poor
> case here is more dangerous to you than aspartame.

Oh, brother...

mellstrr--you wish, honey

"Ted Rosenberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cc'd by email 2what part of

You wish. I've been out here for awhile now.

My, this topic makes you awfully, awfully touchy...

> don't you understand

Perfectly, dipshit. You either have a stake in it (maybe you
own Monsanto stock?), or you're a Diet Coke junkie, you've
read the horror stories, too, but you're in total denial
because you just can't give 'em up....

> beings alone.

I never heard of her until yesterday. And today I found a
link from a Doctor that makes similar assertions, after
somebody else went off on me because "Betty" wasn't a
"Ph.D". If you want to show that my link traces back to
"Betty" (e.g. a link that shows the doctor I posted a
link to came up with her conclusions from "Betty"), fine,
have at it.

Meantime, whatever floats your boat, "Ted". The rest is your
opinion and you're welcome to it, as I am mine.

And if you have a problem with that, that's just too
damned bad.

mellstrr--welcome to Usenet, where the big dogs bark and the
little-bitty shills stomp their feet and whine when they
can't shut someone up with insults...

> mellstrr wrote:
>
> > "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>back

> >>Betty is NOT a Dr. and she is the one who started this
> >>whole Aspartame Urband legend.
> >

> > So you're saying that she's responsible for ALL the
> > attacks on
Aspartame?

> > Funny, I don't see that here:
> >
> > http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
> >
> > Or here:
> >
> > http://www.sweetpoison.com/
> >
> > Dr. Hull is a real doctor. And she says a lot of the
> > same stuff Betty
does,
> > though I haven't looked through her site to check any
> > mentions of
"diabetes"
> > in relation to aspartame.
> >
> > God, Julie, you need to go back to Shill School. It took
> > me a whole five minutes to look this up.
> >
> > The **** is bad for you. If you don't understand that,
> > I'm sorry for
you.

> > mellstrr

"Ultimate Heat Death" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "mellstrr" <[email protected]> obeyed the 2nd Law of
> Thermodynamics and wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > http://www.sweetpoison.com
>
> Dr. Hull's big thing is hair analysis, which to my
> knowledge has been debunked as a valid health
> assessment procedure. More at:

Then why is "hair analysis" a legal tool for pre-employment
drug-screenings?

We can't have it both ways, can we?

<snip>

mellstrr--goodness, what kind of hornet's nest is this?

"Ozgirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Internet
> diabetes?
>
> They all relate back to Betty.

And you're going to show us all how, right?

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
http://www.sweetpoison.com/

And of course, you'll be very specific...

> > The blood pressure rise you get trying to defend
> > your poor
> case here is more dangerous to you than aspartame.

Oh, brother...

mellstrr--you wish, honey

> There IS no relationship between Aspartame and diabetes,
> except that a lot of diabetics use it. I don't know if Dr.
> Hull is a real Dr. or not. And I

There sure is. Any sweetener will stimulate insulin
production. I know from personal experience as a once very
heavy drinker of Diet Coke. In fact it got so bad I had to
consume a candy bar with my drink or nearly fall asleep.

> It's perfectly safe. Don't feel sorry for me. I am
> swigging down my Diet Coke with Lime as I type. Yummy!

I disagree. At one time I thought so too, and maybe in
moderation it is for most. But try drinking a caffeinated
beverage in moderation. Being a once heavy drinker I decided
to check out the dangers of NutraSweet. After reading all I
could find, including mostly amateur hysterics, I came to
the conclusion that it was probably safe, even in the
massive quantities I was consuming, except maybe for
Phenylalanine. Well guess what?

http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm

<excerpt>

The hazards of ignoring the pharmacological nature of
amino acid isolates are best illustrated by the
Phenylalanine isolate that is 50% by weight of Aspartame.
A can of soda pop yields about as much Phenylalanine as a
large helping of beans.

NOTE: One (1) 12oz. can of diet soda contains 200mg of
aspartame.

Phenylalanine = 100 mg = .50% Aspartic Acid = 80 mg = .40%
Methanol = 20 mg = .10%

It should also be noted that the pharmaceutical isolates of
amino acids in aspartame are produced from genetically
modified bacteria
(E.coli).

ABOUT PHENYLALANINE:

The dietary Phenylalanine from the beans would only be
harmful to the person with PKU (phenylketonuria), a
condition caused by one of several enzyme deficiencies. This
creates/allows increased plasma levels of Phenylalanine
(overload) leading to the formation of destructive
neurotoxic effects.

In healthy individuals, the fact that dietary Phenylalanine
is in competition with the other amino acids and is absorbed
slowly over ten to twenty hours from the digestive tract,
makes it helpful rather than harmful for them.

In contrast, the Phenylalanine (isolate) from the can of aspartame-
laced soda pop is absorbed in about five minutes. This goes
to the portal vein in the liver, with virtually no other
competitive amino acids. Amino acid release from the liver
is through an enzyme-linked channel. Without any
competition, this Phenylalanine is released into the blood
stream as an overwhelming bolus, or flood.

</excerpt

> [...]

harmful to the person with PKU (phenylketonuria), a
condition caused by one of several enzyme deficiencies. This
creates/allows increased plasma levels of Phenylalanine
(overload) leading to the formation of destructive
neurotoxic effects.

In healthy individuals, the fact that dietary Phenylalanine
is in competition with the other amino acids and is absorbed
slowly over ten to twenty hours from the digestive tract,
makes it helpful rather than harmful for them.

In contrast, the Phenylalanine (isolate) from the can of aspartame-
laced soda pop is absorbed in about five minutes. This goes
to the portal vein in the liver, with virtually no other
competitive amino acids. Amino acid release from the liver
is through an enzyme-linked channel. Without any
competition, this Phenylalanine is released into the blood
stream as an overwhelming bolus, or flood.

notice how the frauds come out of the woodwork

First the shill then the frauds NO "sweetners" do not
stimulate production of Insulin

Hurt Beyond Repair wrote:

>>There IS no relationship between Aspartame and diabetes,
>>except that a lot of diabetics use it. I don't know if Dr.
>>Hull is a real Dr. or not. And I
>

> There sure is. Any sweetener will stimulate insulin
> production. I know from personal experience as a once very
> heavy drinker of Diet Coke. In fact it got so bad I had to
> consume a candy bar with my drink or nearly fall asleep.
>

>>It's perfectly safe. Don't feel sorry for me. I am
>>swigging down my Diet Coke with Lime as I type. Yummy!
>

> I disagree. At one time I thought so too, and maybe in
> moderation it is for most. But try drinking a caffeinated
> beverage in moderation. Being a once heavy drinker I
> decided to check out the dangers of NutraSweet. After
> reading all I could find, including mostly amateur
> hysterics, I came to the conclusion that it was probably
> safe, even in the massive quantities I was consuming,
> except maybe for Phenylalanine. Well guess what?
>

> http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm
>
> <excerpt>
>
> The hazards of ignoring the pharmacological nature of
> amino acid isolates are best illustrated by the
> Phenylalanine isolate that is 50% by weight of
> Aspartame. A can of soda pop yields about as much
> Phenylalanine as a large helping of beans.
>
> NOTE: One (1) 12oz. can of diet soda contains 200mg of
> aspartame.
>

> Phenylalanine = 100 mg = .50% Aspartic Acid = 80 mg = .40%
> Methanol = 20 mg = .10%
>
> It should also be noted that the pharmaceutical isolates
> of amino acids in aspartame are produced from genetically
> modified bacteria
> (E.coli).
>
> ABOUT PHENYLALANINE:
>
> The dietary Phenylalanine from the beans would only be
> harmful to the person with PKU (phenylketonuria), a
> condition caused by one of several enzyme deficiencies.
> This creates/allows increased plasma levels of
> Phenylalanine (overload) leading to the formation of
> destructive neurotoxic effects.
>
> In healthy individuals, the fact that dietary
> Phenylalanine is in competition with the other amino
> acids and is absorbed slowly over ten to twenty hours
> from the digestive tract, makes it helpful rather than
> harmful for them.
>
> In contrast, the Phenylalanine (isolate) from the can of
> aspartame-laced soda pop is absorbed in about five
> minutes. This goes to the portal vein in the liver, with
> virtually no other competitive amino acids. Amino acid
> release from the liver is through an enzyme-linked
> channel. Without any competition, this Phenylalanine is
> released into the blood stream as an overwhelming bolus,
> or flood.
>
> </excerpt

cc'd bu email The rats scurry NO, the mythical "doctor"
does not exist

and anyone who doesn't recognize you for one of Betty's
creeps is pretty new

Hurt Beyond Repair wrote:

>>There IS no relationship between Aspartame and diabetes,
>>except that a lot of diabetics use it. I don't know if Dr.
>>Hull is a real Dr. or not. And I
>

> There sure is. Any sweetener will stimulate insulin
> production. I know from personal experience as a once very
> heavy drinker of Diet Coke. In fact it got so bad I had to
> consume a candy bar with my drink or nearly fall asleep.
>

>>It's perfectly safe. Don't feel sorry for me. I am
>>swigging down my Diet Coke with Lime as I type. Yummy!
>

> I disagree. At one time I thought so too, and maybe in
> moderation it is for most. But try drinking a caffeinated
> beverage in moderation. Being a once heavy drinker I
> decided to check out the dangers of NutraSweet. After
> reading all I could find, including mostly amateur
> hysterics, I came to the conclusion that it was probably
> safe, even in the massive quantities I was consuming,
> except maybe for Phenylalanine. Well guess what?
>

> http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm
>
> <excerpt>
>
> The hazards of ignoring the pharmacological nature of
> amino acid isolates are best illustrated by the
> Phenylalanine isolate that is 50% by weight of
> Aspartame. A can of soda pop yields about as much
> Phenylalanine as a large helping of beans.
>
> NOTE: One (1) 12oz. can of diet soda contains 200mg of
> aspartame.
>

> Phenylalanine = 100 mg = .50% Aspartic Acid = 80 mg = .40%
> Methanol = 20 mg = .10%
>
> It should also be noted that the pharmaceutical isolates
> of amino acids in aspartame are produced from genetically
> modified bacteria
> (E.coli).
>
> ABOUT PHENYLALANINE:
>
> The dietary Phenylalanine from the beans would only be
> harmful to the person with PKU (phenylketonuria), a
> condition caused by one of several enzyme deficiencies.
> This creates/allows increased plasma levels of
> Phenylalanine (overload) leading to the formation of
> destructive neurotoxic effects.
>
> In healthy individuals, the fact that dietary
> Phenylalanine is in competition with the other amino
> acids and is absorbed slowly over ten to twenty hours
> from the digestive tract, makes it helpful rather than
> harmful for them.
>
> In contrast, the Phenylalanine (isolate) from the can of
> aspartame-laced soda pop is absorbed in about five
> minutes. This goes to the portal vein in the liver, with
> virtually no other competitive amino acids. Amino acid
> release from the liver is through an enzyme-linked
> channel. Without any competition, this Phenylalanine is
> released into the blood stream as an overwhelming bolus,
> or flood.
>
> </excerpt

Yes asshole take your scam back to Betty