Aspartame NOT SAFE !!! NO

Thurston Ackerm

Guest
AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed the website below with
AB>information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any alternatives that are just as good. I
AB>heard of sucrose and froctose but dont really understand the afect they have on the BG levels

"Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
have found in this neighborhood.

BTW Many find the rumors about aspartame are without real foundation.

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD * [email protected]

Thurston Ackerman wrote:
> AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed
> the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
> AB>alternatives that are just as good. I heard of sucrose and froctose but dont AB>really
> understand the afect they have on the BG levels
>
> "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
> tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
> have found in this neighborhood.

Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead of to the right. That makes
it indigestible: most life on earth has molecules that use a so-called "right-hand" thread, rather
than the equally possible left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an interesting
article years ago....

> BTW Many find the rumors about aspartame are without real foundation.

Especially when you start looking at the details and find that most of them trace back to a single
whack job, Betty Martini.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:28:39 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Thurston Ackerman wrote:
>> AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed
>> the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
>> AB>alternatives that are just as good. I heard of sucrose and froctose but dont AB>really
>> understand the afect they have on the BG levels
>>
>> "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
>> tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
>> have found in this neighborhood.
>
>Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead of to the right. That
>makes it indigestible: most life on earth has molecules that use a so-called "right-hand" thread,
>rather than the equally possible left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an
>interesting article years ago....

Incorrect, Splenda is sugar with a halogen replacing a hydrogen. The Halogen makes it more reactive,
so it tastes much sweeter, and specific sucrose enzymes can't cleave the molecule.

"matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> >> the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
> >> understand the afect they have on the BG levels
> >>
> >> "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee
> >> and/or tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the
> >> best price I have found in this neighborhood.
> >
> >Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead
of
> >to the right. That makes it indigestible: most life on earth has
molecules
> >that use a so-called "right-hand" thread, rather than the equally
possible
> >left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an interesting
article
> >years ago....
>
> Incorrect, Splenda is sugar with a halogen replacing a hydrogen. The Halogen makes it more
> reactive, so it tastes much sweeter, and specific sucrose enzymes can't cleave the molecule.

Damn, you're right. I looked at the wrong reference: mea culpa.