Aspartame NOT SAFE !!! NO

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Thurston Ackerm, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed the website below with
    AB>information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any alternatives that are just as good. I
    AB>heard of sucrose and froctose but dont really understand the afect they have on the BG levels

    "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
    tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
    have found in this neighborhood.

    BTW Many find the rumors about aspartame are without real foundation.

    Ciao, Ack.

    ---
    þ SLMR 2.1a þ I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    ---
    þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD * [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Thurston Ackerman wrote:
    > AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed
    > the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
    > AB>alternatives that are just as good. I heard of sucrose and froctose but dont AB>really
    > understand the afect they have on the BG levels
    >
    > "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
    > tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
    > have found in this neighborhood.

    Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead of to the right. That makes
    it indigestible: most life on earth has molecules that use a so-called "right-hand" thread, rather
    than the equally possible left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an interesting
    article years ago....

    > BTW Many find the rumors about aspartame are without real foundation.

    Especially when you start looking at the details and find that most of them trace back to a single
    whack job, Betty Martini.

  3. Matt Weber

    Matt Weber Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:28:39 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thurston Ackerman wrote:
    >> AB>I'm a recently diagnosed Type 2 diabetic and I have been emailed
    >> the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
    >> AB>alternatives that are just as good. I heard of sucrose and froctose but dont AB>really
    >> understand the afect they have on the BG levels
    >>
    >> "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee and/or
    >> tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the best price I
    >> have found in this neighborhood.
    >
    >Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead of to the right. That
    >makes it indigestible: most life on earth has molecules that use a so-called "right-hand" thread,
    >rather than the equally possible left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an
    >interesting article years ago....

    Incorrect, Splenda is sugar with a halogen replacing a hydrogen. The Halogen makes it more reactive,
    so it tastes much sweeter, and specific sucrose enzymes can't cleave the molecule.

  4. "matt weber" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > >> the website AB>below with information about Aspartame being not safe. Are there any
    > >> understand the afect they have on the BG levels
    > >>
    > >> "Splenda" by McNeil-PPC is made from suger with the calories removed. Works well in coffee
    > >> and/or tea; but takes a little more when baking. Costs a bit more, but Target has about the
    > >> best price I have found in this neighborhood.
    > >
    > >Splenda is "sucralose", the sucrose molecule twisted to the left instead
    of
    > >to the right. That makes it indigestible: most life on earth has
    molecules
    > >that use a so-called "right-hand" thread, rather than the equally
    possible
    > >left-hand thread. Isaac Asimov wrote up this issue in an interesting
    article
    > >years ago....
    >
    > Incorrect, Splenda is sugar with a halogen replacing a hydrogen. The Halogen makes it more
    > reactive, so it tastes much sweeter, and specific sucrose enzymes can't cleave the molecule.

    Damn, you're right. I looked at the wrong reference: mea culpa.