Aspartame Safe? You judge

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by benhbrown, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. benhbrown

    benhbrown Guest

    I believe I was a victim. I'm stil learning to walk but all Carpafl Tunnel burning/tingling gone. I
    quit using diet sodas and Equal on a hunch & it worked.

    It took the Freedom of Information Act to get this info. Can give more info at [email protected]
    Excerpt from FDA list. =A0=A0Those reactions (to Aspartame)included: Abdominal Pain Anxiety attacks
    arthritis asthma Asthmatic Reactions Bloating, Edema (Fluid Retention) Blood Sugar Control Problems
    Brain Cancer (Pre-approval studies in animals) Breathing difficulties Burning Urination can't think
    straight Chest Pains chronic cough Chronic Fatigue Death Depression Diarrhea Dizziness
    Headaches/Migraines dizziness Hearing Loss Heart palpitations Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)

    inability to concentrate Infection Susceptibility Insomnia Joint Pains laryngitis Migraines and
    Severe Headaches (Trigger or Cause From Chronic Intake) Muscle spasms Nausea or Vomiting Numbness or
    Tingling of Extremities Other Allergic-Like Reactions Panic Attacks Swallowing Pain Tachycardia
    Vision Loss Weight gain Aspartame Disease MIMICS Symptoms or Worsens the Following Diseases. Mimics?
    I wonder If I'm really a diabetic?? Alzheimer's Disease Arthritis Birth Defects Chronic Fatigue
    Syndrome Diabetes and Diabetic Complications Epilepsy Fibromyalgia Lupus Lyme Disease Lymphoma
    Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Parkinson's Disease

    Tags:

  2. Jdh

    Jdh Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:07:57 -0600 (CST), [email protected] wrote:

    >I believe I was a victim. I'm stil learning to walk but all Carpafl Tunnel burning/tingling gone. I
    >quit using diet sodas and Equal on a hunch & it worked.
    >
    >It took the Freedom of Information Act to get this info. Can give more info at

    Bullshit

    http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/QA/aspartame.html

    JDH JDH

    ____________________________________
    The Real Axis of Evil: Bush - Cheney - Ashcroft - Rumsfeld

  3. Jasmith

    Jasmith Guest

    I know that the AMA members, have pushed many drugs that were harmful to their patients for many
    years, before it was found that they were dangerous drugs for humans. If this fact(about
    aspartame)worries you, CostCo is now marketing a cola under their own brand name Kirkland. The diet
    cola is around $3.50 for 24 12oz cans and is sweetened with Splenda, which is taken from sugar. I
    bought a case today. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    3295.bay.webtv.net... I believe I was a victim. I'm stil learning to walk but all Carpafl Tunnel
    burning/tingling gone. I quit using diet sodas and Equal on a hunch & it worked.

    It took the Freedom of Information Act to get this info. Can give more info at [email protected]
    Excerpt from FDA list. Those reactions (to Aspartame)included: Abdominal Pain Anxiety attacks
[...]

  4. LadySycamore

    LadySycamore Guest

    jasmith wrote:

    > I know that the AMA members, have pushed many drugs that were harmful to their patients for many
    > years, before it was found that they were dangerous drugs for humans. If this fact(about
    > aspartame)worries you, CostCo is now marketing a cola under their own brand name Kirkland. The
    > diet cola is around $3.50 for 24 12oz cans and is sweetened with Splenda, which is taken from
    > sugar. I bought a case today.

    People who cook with/eat "whole foods" seem to have the right idea, IMO (everything is natural, even
    their sugar substitutes):

    Christina Cooks: http://www.christinacooks.com/

    --
    ~LadySycamore~ El Ciberbosque is up and running: http://ciberbosque.org/index.php

  5. LadySycamore

    LadySycamore Guest

    Oh, and by the way, jasmith: That link that JDH provided is by a doctor who trolled my message board
    a few months ago. Just thought I'd let you know.

  6. "jasmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know that the AMA members, have pushed many drugs that were harmful to their patients for many
    > years, before it was found that they were
    dangerous
    > drugs for humans. If this fact(about aspartame)worries you, CostCo is now marketing a cola under
    > their own brand name Kirkland. The diet cola is around $3.50 for 24 12oz cans and is sweetened
    > with Splenda, which is
    taken
    > from sugar. I bought a case today. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 3295.bay.webtv.net... I believe I was a victim. I'm stil learning to walk but all Carpafl Tunnel
    > burning/tingling gone. I quit using diet sodas and Equal on a hunch & it worked.

    Dor! I mean Betty! You found another sock puppet to hide your real name behind and avoid the
    killfiles! And this sock puppet has such nice woolen wiggly ears!

    For those of you new to the group, Betty Martini is an old whackjob who's been posting fraudulentn
    claims for *years*. Look up her name on a search engine for some of her exploits, such as writing a
    letter to the editor in an aviation magazine and when they printed it as a letter to the editor,
    claiming that the FAA forbade pilots drinking diet cola. Also, she claims that all cellulite and
    brain cancer is made out of lumps of formaldehyde from the breakdown of aspartame. (For those who
    don't know, formaldehyde is water-soluble: it doesn't form *lumps*, even if you somehow found a
    bottle of embalming fluid and drank the whole thing.)

  7. Jimt

    Jimt Guest

    1 in ten million does not make a general health threat. only
    an individually specific incident. As for pentagon...there
    has never been such a posting. nor has there ever been an
    air force posting. Both agencies have specific policies
    banning such practices. Those will definately pop up on
    snopes. As a diabetic that fits into the "5 percenter" group
    i have definately researched the subject heavily. i was
    provided massive amounts of data from the Air Force (AF
    retiree with a specific request for info) and the VA. Agent
    orange was a factor mentioned but Apartame was not. If it
    was all products with it in content would by government and
    DOD regulation be stripped from the shelves in AAFES and
    Commissary channels. Believe this from someone with access
    to those stores that the products are in wide selection.
    This subject is the reason i dropped in on one of my passing
    through trips. I was told that it was in this group by
    someone who lurks on it and is very gullible. BTW is betty
    martini really still passing through????

    jimt In article <[email protected]
    3292.bay.webtv.net>, Hoaxbuster <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The Air Force issued a bulletin warning against
    > aspartame. The pentagon had it listed on their
    > biochemical warfare list.
    >
    > I would/did call the adverse publicity a hoax (using
    > Snopes.com as a reference)until I became crippled. It's
    > not a hoax - it's a real health threat.
    >
    > More than that, I'm compiling a report to request a new
    > study. IF it were truly safe - WHY hasn't Monsanto hit all
    > the authors of books/magazines with libel suits???
    >
    > It's more than Betty Martini - go to 321recipes.com(Geo.
    > Foreman's site) & check the facts.

  8. "jimt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:200320042104572063%[email protected]...
    > 1 in ten million does not make a general health threat.
    > only an individually specific incident. As for
    > pentagon...there has never been such a posting. nor has
    > there ever been an air force posting. Both agencies have
    > specific policies banning such practices. Those will
    > definately pop up on snopes. As a diabetic that fits into
    > the "5 percenter" group i have definately researched the
    > subject heavily. i was provided massive amounts of data
    > from the Air Force (AF retiree with a specific request for
    > info) and the VA. Agent orange was a factor mentioned but
    > Apartame was not. If it was all products with it in
    > content would by government and DOD regulation be stripped
    > from the shelves in AAFES and Commissary channels. Believe
    > this from someone with access to those stores that the
    > products are in wide selection. This subject is the reason
    > i dropped in on one of my passing through trips. I was
    > told that it was in this group by someone who lurks on it
    > and is very gullible. BTW is betty martini really still
    > passing through????

    Actually, the "Air Force" warning was Betty Martini (the
    madwoman of Aspartame!) writing a letter to the editor of an
    FAA periodical, which they printed *in the letters to the
    editor section* and she continually sites as proof, *proof*
    that the FAA bans diet sodas.

    There is one reason to notify military in Iraq right now to
    be cautious of diet soda: if it's left out uncooled in Iraqi
    desert heat, the aspartame *does* break down to something
    quite nasty. But it also tastes like embalming fluid, and
    only a complete dipshit would actually drink it then. I've
    had a six-pack in an overheated trunk in Midwest summer heat
    have this happen, and it's quite undrinkable.

    Betty Martini either has her hand shoved up the ass of the
    "dor" or "watchman" account making its lips move, or Betty
    somehow actually found someone dumb enough to take her
    seriously. Since this twit claims "Jesus was a vegetarian"
    and "eating meat causes diabetes", which is particularly
    funny since if you know Jewish law you know that Jesus ate
    lamb at Passover at the Last Suppe, you know the account
    owner is a politically driven fool rather than a source of
    rational fact of any sort.

  9. Proconsul

    Proconsul Guest

    Speaking as a "Pentagon "Warrior" of forty years standing
    and fellow diabetic - you are dead bang right on all
    counts.....

    PC

    "jimt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:200320042104572063%[email protected]...
    | 1 in ten million does not make a general health threat.
    | only an individually specific incident. As for
    | pentagon...there has never been such a posting. nor has
    | there ever been an air force posting. Both agencies have
    | specific policies banning such practices. Those will
    | definately pop up on snopes. As a diabetic that fits into
    | the "5 percenter" group i have definately researched the
    | subject heavily. i was provided massive amounts of data
    | from the Air Force (AF retiree with a specific request for
    | info) and the VA. Agent orange was a factor mentioned but
    | Apartame was not. If it was all products with it in
    | content would by government and DOD regulation be stripped
    | from the shelves in AAFES and Commissary channels. Believe
    | this from someone with access to those stores that the
    | products are in wide selection. This subject is the reason
    | i dropped in on one of my passing through trips. I was
    | told that it was in this group by someone who lurks on it
    | and is very gullible. BTW is betty martini really still
    | passing through????
    |
    | jimt In article <[email protected]
    | 3292.bay.webtv.net>, Hoaxbuster <[email protected]>
    | wrote:
    |
    | > The Air Force issued a bulletin warning against
    | > aspartame. The pentagon had it listed on their
    | > biochemical warfare list.
    | >
    | > I would/did call the adverse publicity a hoax (using
    | > Snopes.com as a reference)until I became crippled. It's
    | > not a hoax - it's a real health threat.
    | >
    | > More than that, I'm compiling a report to request a new
    | > study. IF it were truly safe - WHY hasn't Monsanto hit
    | > all the authors of books/magazines with libel suits???
    | >
    | > It's more than Betty Martini - go to 321recipes.com(Geo.
    | > Foreman's site) & check the facts.

  10. Jimt

    Jimt Guest

    in other word if i stuff a green capsule full of crap you'll
    think it is medicine.

    www.relf.com id half of the stuff on the page as shock crap
    or redo of hoax stuff. that site could actually state the
    truth and i would doubt it. yellow journalism at its best.
    how many of their products are you buying.

    www.321.recipes is a reprint of the same article shown to be
    a hoax of yellow journalism. i might someday get one of the
    george foreman grills but the vitamins they sell on the site
    are inflated crap. in fact some of their claims would be
    pushing the envelop on the proposed FDA rules pretty tight.
    and the proposed FDA rules are still very very loose.

    a quick search of the web just turned up the same hoax
    article in rewording or as is. mostly associated with
    competing products of doubtful value.

    jimt

    In article <[email protected]>,