ASS Haluzak

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ron Friedel, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. Ron Friedel

    Ron Friedel Guest

    Tags:

  2. "Ron Friedel" skrev...
    > Take a look at http://haluzak.com/main/index.htm. Any comments? Other than extreme trail.

    Maciek in Poland has used forks like this for a long time. They handle okay. I would have raised the
    front of the frame a bit. and gotten a nicer look. And maybe used another seat. This one looks a bit
    too upright for that seattype. Again... raising the front would alleviate this.

    See more forks like this in the Poland-folders on my photopage:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels The "Poland Revisited" first pic shows Sebastians bike. Make
    it along those lines and it will ride great and look good too. (IMHO)

    Regards Mikael

  3. Rotofool

    Rotofool Guest

  4. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    Not so attractive...seems a shame that even the maker of the fabulous USS Haluzak is feeling the
    ASS pressure.

    PB USS snob and now Hybrid Race owner

    Ron Friedel wrote:
    > Take a look at http://haluzak.com/main/index.htm. Any comments? Other than extreme trail.
    >
    > Ron Friedel

  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Ron, I was at Haluzak a couple of weeks ago and saw the prototype. Not impressive. Of course, it was
    not painted and the seat was kind of DIY looking because it was still in the development stage. They
    were still looking at ways to cut the weight and fine tune it. Bill was not there but the mechanic
    thought it was going to be in the $2K range. You know what the competition is and frankly, sadly, I
    don't think the Haluzak is going to shake up Easy Racers or offer any significant alternative.

  6. Paul - I finally got my bike and am pretty happy with it. So far, the performance increase is not
    what I had hoped but I'm still tweaking it. How's the training going?

    After spending 2 years trying and modifying bikes and looking at high performance trends, I would
    suggest the following model for Haluzak:

    A Ti or Carbon version of their USS bike (<25 lbs built) with the bottom bracket raised 3-4 inches
    and the current seat retained but lightened. USS is cool, ergo, and can be just a fast as ASS.

    Regards Chris