-ass problems. please help me!suggestions.

Samuel

Guest
what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other suggestions?

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
>there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
>suggestions?

Proper bike shorts with antibacterial inserts and no underwear is one way, especially when combined
with a leather saddle.

[obligatory recumbent plug]: Riding a deckchair with wheels is an even better way :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?

ciao

> On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
> >bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
> >suggestions?
>
> Proper bike shorts with antibacterial inserts and no underwear is one way, especially when
> combined with a leather saddle.
>
> [obligatory recumbent plug]: Riding a deckchair with wheels is an even better way :)
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
> dynamic DNS permitting)
> NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, <[email protected]>, "samuel"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
>about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?
>
>ciao

Duck.
--
zk

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 +0000, samuel wrote:

> what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
> bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it?

Penicillin?

--

David L. Johnson

__o | A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored _`\(,_ | by little statesmen
and philosophers and divines. --Ralph Waldo (_)/ (_) | Emerson

>"samuel" [email protected] wrote:

>what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
>there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
>suggestions?

Try using Preparation H

Jim

samuel wrote:

> what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
> bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
> suggestions?

This newsgroup is <occasionally> full of comedians - don't quit your day jobs (if any). Anyway,
sore butt syndrome is all about fit. It is not a simple thing. Fit involves the size of your
bike vs your size, saddle height, saddle fore and aft position, saddle tilt, handlebar height,
handlebar tilt, rider's personal fitness. That's all that comes to mind just now. I believe
riding solo and thinking about these subjects (bring a few tools) will have you trying different
fit options. Personal experience is to make only one change at a time so the results will be
clearer, and to ride a lot. Here's a simple one: if you are comfortable and riding well, but
after more than about 7 - 8 miles you get a sore butt, raise your seat a tad. Not much, just
maybe 3/8" - 1/2" inch. Then ride on. It helps to mark a position on your seatpost with a magic
marker. Now you have a reference point for "higher" and "lower". You've really entered an
interesting subject. Enjoy yourself, and keep cranking. When it comes to cycling, the process is
as fine a thing as the end result. Stay well. Bernie

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

>hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where
>talking about?

Briko brand shorts have them, I think most good bike shorts (especially bibshorts) have
antibacterial inserts. And always have a good wash around the Affected Areas before and
after a ride.

>and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?

Heh! Any recumbent cycle. Lie back and enjoy the ride :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Zoot Katz wrote:

> Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, <[email protected]>, "samuel"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
> >about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?
> >
> >ciao
>
> Duck.
> --
> zk

and you've just spoken the "word of the day"!! You win an all expense paid trip to Tijuana! nurk
nurk !! ;-)

Get a Brooks saddle and ride. A lot. Your ass will get used to it. Works for
me...