-ass problems. please help me!suggestions.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Samuel, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. Samuel

    Samuel Guest

    what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
    there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
    >there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
    >suggestions?

    Proper bike shorts with antibacterial inserts and no underwear is one way, especially when combined
    with a leather saddle.

    [obligatory recumbent plug]: Riding a deckchair with wheels is an even better way :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  3. Samuel

    Samuel Guest

    hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
    about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?

    ciao

    > On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
    > >bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
    > >suggestions?
    >
    > Proper bike shorts with antibacterial inserts and no underwear is one way, especially when
    > combined with a leather saddle.
    >
    > [obligatory recumbent plug]: Riding a deckchair with wheels is an even better way :)
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    > dynamic DNS permitting)
    > NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

  4. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, <[email protected]>, "samuel"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
    >about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?
    >
    >ciao

    Duck.
    --
    zk

  5. On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:18:53 +0000, samuel wrote:

    > what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
    > bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it?

    Penicillin?

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored _`\(,_ | by little statesmen
    and philosophers and divines. --Ralph Waldo (_)/ (_) | Emerson

  6. Jpfler

    Jpfler Guest

    >"samuel" [email protected] wrote:

    >what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the bike
    >there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
    >suggestions?

    Try using Preparation H

    Jim

  7. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    samuel wrote:

    > what is the best way to avoid the familiar "ass problem" you know after about two hours on the
    > bike there is this itching burn in your ass. is vaseline the best way to avoid it? any other
    > suggestions?

    This newsgroup is <occasionally> full of comedians - don't quit your day jobs (if any). Anyway,
    sore butt syndrome is all about fit. It is not a simple thing. Fit involves the size of your
    bike vs your size, saddle height, saddle fore and aft position, saddle tilt, handlebar height,
    handlebar tilt, rider's personal fitness. That's all that comes to mind just now. I believe
    riding solo and thinking about these subjects (bring a few tools) will have you trying different
    fit options. Personal experience is to make only one change at a time so the results will be
    clearer, and to ride a lot. Here's a simple one: if you are comfortable and riding well, but
    after more than about 7 - 8 miles you get a sore butt, raise your seat a tad. Not much, just
    maybe 3/8" - 1/2" inch. Then ride on. It helps to mark a position on your seatpost with a magic
    marker. Now you have a reference point for "higher" and "lower". You've really entered an
    interesting subject. Enjoy yourself, and keep cranking. When it comes to cycling, the process is
    as fine a thing as the end result. Stay well. Bernie

  8. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, "samuel" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where
    >talking about?

    Briko brand shorts have them, I think most good bike shorts (especially bibshorts) have
    antibacterial inserts. And always have a good wash around the Affected Areas before and
    after a ride.

    >and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?

    Heh! Any recumbent cycle. Lie back and enjoy the ride :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  9. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    Zoot Katz wrote:

    > Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:17:44 GMT, <[email protected]>, "samuel"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >hi thatnks for the tip but where can you find that antibacterial bike shorts you where talking
    > >about? and what is deckchair? is that a new bike brand?
    > >
    > >ciao
    >
    > Duck.
    > --
    > zk

    and you've just spoken the "word of the day"!! You win an all expense paid trip to Tijuana! nurk
    nurk !! ;-)

  10. Get a Brooks saddle and ride. A lot. Your ass will get used to it. Works for
    me...