Assaulted by a paint ball gun...

TrekDedicated

Jun 17, 2004
Well, today, while riding, I was shot at by at least one punk kid with paintball gun.

He/she was waiting, hidden in the woods for someone like myself to come by. Luckily for me, I was cranking it and the idiot didn't know how to shoot so I only got hit twice. One of the welts actually bled.

So I called the police and there is now an assault case.

I mean, honestly, are people in that much need of a power trip to cause harm to innocent people?

I'm lucky I didn't get hit more and/or swerve with a car near me...

Needless to say, I will find out who did this...

Reactions: haleylx4
that sux... it could be worse tho. my gun shoots 23balls a sec full auto.... that would hurt... i hope u find them, i would be very mad too.

TrekDedicated said:
Well, today, while riding, I was shot at by at least one punk kid with paintball gun.

He/she was waiting, hidden in the woods for someone like myself to come by. Luckily for me, I was cranking it and the idiot didn't know how to shoot so I only got hit twice. One of the welts actually bled.

I mean, honestly, are people in that much need of a power trip to cause harm to innocent people?

Maybe you should carry a gun for protection while you cycle.

What a dickwad, that's terrible. I enjoyed paintball a lot as a kid, but parents should really supervise their kids with these things or stuff like this happens.

TrekDedicated said:

If you go to Wake, it wouldnt be the first time for that area. I was shot at with a friend last winter around Christmas right outside of Kernersville. Dont expect the cops to do anything about it, they generally despise cyclists in the area...

If some punk kid (although i am a kid) shot at me randomly id throw my 10 ten reynolds RB at them. It would be smart though to carry a 9mm with you when you ride....

----------
Edoss says *You are not born with gifts, you give them to yourself thru hard work*

I think this is the next evolution of throwing eggs or snowballs at cars. As far as Tasers, they go about 7-10meters. I think paintball guns go alot further. And I know that today's paintball guns can do a lot of damage, but I'd hate to be on the wrong side, trying to explain to a jury why I shot someone who was armed with a paintball gun. Or course this is coming from someone who recently dropped his bike and chased down a carload of kids who threw something at me.
TrekD, glad you're OK. Take care.

huhenio said:
What is wrong with taser guns? ... the non deadly alternative
Tasers can be deadly too. A shock like that can start the heart, or stop it, it goes both ways. And, at anything under about 15 feet, youre not going to hit anything with it.

mitosis said:
Maybe you should carry a gun for protection while you cycle.
I am frequently surprised at the number of people who seem to feel that it's necessary to carry a fire arm with them all of the time.

Retro Grouch said:
I am frequently surprised at the number of people who seem to feel that it's necessary to carry a fire arm with them all of the time.

Me too. ;)

TrekDedicated said:

My advice would be to forgive and forget. You've reported it, and now you should let it go. If they don't get caught from this occurrence, they'll get caught next time, or the time after...

poweredbysweat said:
My advice would be to forgive and forget. You've reported it, and now you should let it go. If they don't get caught from this occurrence, they'll get caught next time, or the time after...
Heh, not likely. The local police really dont care...

If you do carry a gun for protection, you could pull it out and shot about three warning shots into the air. I bet they would be louder than the kids paintball gun, and would get his attention quickly. Now with this idea, you might get hit more times, but at least when the kid does stop, he wouldn't have anywhere to go, and the cops could come, and you could press charges. See, no one gets hurt.

But you might need an awfully load gun. Oh well.

--Is it illegal to fire warning shots into the air? I suppose it wouldn't be as dangerous as pointing a gun at someone, and telling them to stop, since there is always a chance of a freak discharge.

Anyways it definitley sucks, and I hope you catch them. Little F**king rats!

free_rideman said:
If you do carry a gun for protection, you could pull it out and shot about three warning shots into the air. I bet they would be louder than the kids paintball gun, and would get his attention quickly. Now with this idea, you might get hit more times, but at least when the kid does stop, he wouldn't have anywhere to go, and the cops could come, and you could press charges. See, no one gets hurt.
But you might need an awfully load gun. Oh well.
--Is it illegal to fire warning shots into the air? I suppose it wouldn't be as dangerous as pointing a gun at someone, and telling them to stop, since there is always a chance of a freak discharge.
Anyways it definitley sucks, and I hope you catch them. Little F**king rats!
:confused: