assembly problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ant, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Dear r.b.t,

    I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back together. I
    managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I decided to look for
    telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads.

    Screwing the freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't
    turn. Is my hub defective?

    Most Sincerely,

    Anthony Anagnostou

    Tags:

  2. Spot T. Rex

    Spot T. Rex Guest

    Go find a Local Bike Shop.

    "ant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dear r.b.t,
    >
    > I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back together. I
    > managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I decided to look
    > for telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads.
    >
    > Screwing the freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't
    > turn. Is my hub defective?
    >
    > Most Sincerely,
    >
    > Anthony Anagnostou

  3. Doc

    Doc Guest

    You dont give many details but: When your wheel is in yours hands,is the axle turn normally when you
    make it rotate with yours fingers? Second:is the freewheel touch the frame of the bike when the
    wheel is on the bike?Third i need more details.Doc. "ant" <[email protected]> a écrit dans
    le message de news:
    [email protected]ng.google.com...
    > Dear r.b.t,
    >
    > I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back together. I
    > managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I decided to look
    > for telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads.
    >
    > Screwing the freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't
    > turn. Is my hub defective?
    >
    > Most Sincerely,
    >
    > Anthony Anagnostou

  4. Dax

    Dax Guest

    On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:02:57 -0500, "Doc" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You dont give many details but: When your wheel is in yours hands,is the axle turn normally when
    >you make it rotate with yours fingers? Second:is the freewheel touch the frame of the bike when the
    >wheel is on the bike?Third i need more details.Doc. "ant" <[email protected]> a écrit
    >dans le message de news:
    >[email protected]
    >> Dear r.b.t,
    >>
    >> I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back together. I
    >> managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I decided to look
    >> for telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads.
    >>
    >> Screwing the freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't
    >> turn. Is my hub defective?
    >>
    >> Most Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Anthony Anagnostou

    Tighten all the spokes and reglue the saddle clamp and everything will be fine - Ъ×

  5. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "ant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dear r.b.t,
    >
    > I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back together. I
    > managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I decided to look
    > for telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads.
    >
    > Screwing the freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't
    > turn. Is my hub defective?

    Leave it out in front of your house overnight, the bike fairies will fix it for you.

  6. On 26 Feb 2003, ant wrote:
    > Dear r.b.t, I recently took my ten speed completely apart and am having trouble putting it back
    > together. I managed to get the front wheel on, but couldn't figure out how to do the rear. I
    > decided to look for telltale assembly indicators, and settled on matching threads. Screwing the
    > freewheel threads onto the bottom bracket was easy enough, but now the wheel won't turn. Is my hub
    > defective? Most Sincerely, Anthony Anagnostou

    Is it a 10 speed or a 10v Campagnolo Record one? No matter what, which speed is it in?

    Sergio Pisa