assholes who throw things

saturnsc2

Jul 14, 2004
i know there was many threads about assholes here, but i must rant. i was riding my bike yesterday & some moron in a mini-van threw a empty wendy's cup at me. what was funny was the moron was 2 lanes to my left & when he threw the cup, the wind just took it & it flew back & so did the ice from the cup & hit the car behind him & the driver layed on his horn! duh! the cup came nowhere near me, buit it still annoys me that drivers would do something like that. just one time i would love to catch them at a red light! only a coward would throw something knowing i can't catch him & he'll get away with it.

I know how you feel. Last week some hoodlums spat on me while passing in a car. This is no lie. I was coasting down a hill and some moron leaned out of a side window and spat before the car drove off.
Like yourself I get very angry. I ask myself why I should put up with being a third rate road user who gets beer cans and abuse thrown in his direction just for making an effort to keep in shape.
I'd love to fit ballistic, infra red missiles on my bike which would be fun. They should do a movie: The Bikernator.

saturnsc2 said:
i know there was many threads about assholes here, but i must rant. i was riding my bike yesterday & some moron in a mini-van threw a empty wendy's cup at me. what was funny was the moron was 2 lanes to my left & when he threw the cup, the wind just took it & it flew back & so did the ice from the cup & hit the car behind him & the driver layed on his horn! duh! the cup came nowhere near me, buit it still annoys me that drivers would do something like that. just one time i would love to catch them at a red light! only a coward would throw something knowing i can't catch him & he'll get away with it.

Carrera said:
I know how you feel. Last week some hoodlums spat on me while passing in a car. This is no lie. I was coasting down a hill and some moron leaned out of a side window and spat before the car drove off.
Like yourself I get very angry. I ask myself why I should put up with being a third rate road user who gets beer cans and abuse thrown in his direction just for making an effort to keep in shape.
I'd love to fit ballistic, infra red missiles on my bike which would be fun. They should do a movie: The Bikernator.
Well they probably have read the rubbish you write, and as to carrying a copy of the Daily Mirror and the Daily Mail, what on earth do you expect?
Can't really expect more from the trashland of Staffordshire can you.
Why the *********** do you live in that Godforsaken hole? It must suit you.

Yes it's bad, you're right. Good cycling roads though, with plenty of hills.
But I feel more cheerful in Wales by the sea and the nice houses e.t.c.
Here it's so bad, you can get work. They're desperate for people to work here as nobody wants to be here - hence the irony is there's work.

FredC said:
Well they probably have read the rubbish you write, and as to carrying a copy of the Daily Mirror and the Daily Mail, what on earth do you expect?
Can't really expect more from the trashland of Staffordshire can you.
Why the *********** do you live in that Godforsaken hole? It must suit you.

Carrera said:
Yes it's bad, you're right. Good cycling roads though, with plenty of hills.
But I feel more cheerful in Wales by the sea and the nice houses e.t.c.
Here it's so bad, you can get work. They're desperate for people to work here as nobody wants to be here - hence the irony is there's work.
On that issue PAX, all the others stand as usual.

Carrera said:
Bikers do have the same legal right to be on most roads over here but you wouldn't know it judging from all of the morons/miscreants/hoodlums/juvenile delinquents throwing junk out of the car. These human fodder feel empowered by being in a vehicle that is bigger & moving faster than you. Much like the small women/men in huge nissan armada's (for instance) who lean on their horns because they drive a menacing, montrosity of a vehicle. :D I have no qualms about pulling said miscreant through their vehicle window & publicly pummeling/thrashing/thumping them. :) A typical Virginia Ass kickin' care of yours truly :D

What a coincidence, some one threw a Mc’Danalds bag at me today. I got super ******:mad: Ironically it was one of those big SUV’s I'm always whining about. A big black Chevy suburban. I wish I could have gotten the licence plate #.

i cant remember the last time anyone threw something at while on the bike...i have had people shout things out thier window or blast thier horn at me for no reason...

on easter evening i pulled my car up outside our local shop. There was a car parked just infront of me facing towards me. It flashed its headlights and i thought, what do these fannies want. So i ignored it and got out the car and walked toward the shop. I suddenly get pelted with eggs as i turned my back and the car sped off.

No eggs hit me, the bastards were probably drunk...some easter day prank.
What you gonna do against a car load of drunken louts?

I'm in Cleveland, also. It appears to be a tough cycling town. Most of the time I limit my rides to Valley Parkway or head south to Medina County. I'm good for one incident with a motorist every year or so. I'm due.

In fact, a couple of years ago I was riding down Detroit Rd in Lakewood and this broad hit me with the mirror on her van. Didn't quite knock me off the bike, but it hurt pretty good.She just speed away. An RTA bus drvier saw it and said "Wow she really hit you! I can't believe you didn't fall." So I stop a Lakewood cop and he said since there was no real damage or injury, there was legally no accident.

MountainPro said:
i cant remember the last time anyone threw something at while on the bike...i have had people shout things out thier window or blast thier horn at me for no reason...

on easter evening i pulled my car up outside our local shop. There was a car parked just infront of me facing towards me. It flashed its headlights and i thought, what do these fannies want. So i ignored it and got out the car and walked toward the shop. I suddenly get pelted with eggs as i turned my back and the car sped off.

No eggs hit me, the bastards were probably drunk...some easter day prank.
What you gonna do against a car load of drunken louts?
Start a sing along? get some bacon to go with eggs, and a throwaway BBQ tray.

davidmc said:
Bikers do have the same legal right to be on most roads over here but you wouldn't know it judging from all of the morons/miscreants/hoodlums/juvenile delinquents throwing junk out of the car. These human fodder feel empowered by being in a vehicle that is bigger & moving faster than you. Much like the small women/men in huge nissan armada's (for instance) who lean on their horns because they drive a menacing, montrosity of a vehicle. :D I have no qualms about pulling said miscreant through their vehicle window & publicly pummeling/thrashing/thumping them. :) A typical Virginia Ass kickin' care of yours truly :D
Have you lot ever given any thought to the the fact that you are slow, useless bikeriders who get in the way of urban traffic of which you have the advantage. The 40 ton wagons only blow you on the freeway to say Hello, because they admire you.
If you want some advice, then ride 4 feet from the sidewalk to make them defensive and not you.

Carrera said:

Wouldn't that be great revenge.... I think everyone who has ever ridden a bike has run into that kind of jerk. Though I have no second thoughts about riding with traffic my husband and I weren't even on the road the other day - were crossing the street, from a dedicated bike path, in a crosswalk with the walk symbol when some woman yelled stupid f**king bikes out of her car window. It took all of my restraint (at least I think I didn't say it out loud) to not yell back stupid f**king b****.
You really do have to be carefull. There have been several ugly incidents around here. One guy was injured when someone in a passing car snagged him with a jacket that they hung out of a car window. They gave some lame excuse about not realizing they might actually hurt him. Another man ( I seem to remember he was a priest or minister of some sort) was, if I am recalling correctly, killed when a teenager hit him in the back of the head with a baseball bat from a passing vehicle - as if he were a mailbox or something.

yeah well iv had a few teens *im 13* lay there horn right wen they pass and of course it scares the **** outa me but they drive away with the window open laughing....wats so funny about that? i mean i dint fall and i admit that if i did fall it woulda been funny...but id be pissd but still wat kinda idiot laughs at you for no reason?

~Scott

I've had lots of stuff thrown at me over the years, but the most memorable was an unopened 16oz beer can, which just missed my head, and exploded on impact with the ground. This from a car full of backward cap teenagers. Forgetting their wreckless sociopathy, what teen in his right mind would waste a perfectly good can of beer?

The main fear I have over here, I refer to sarcastically as the "moronic sweep".
This is when you are in the process of going round a roundabout and some idiot tries to pass you from behind, hitting you in the process.
Every time I circle a roundabout I have to look right, left and especially behind. I repeat, especially behind.
As you look behind you can see the car on your wing and you know the idiot is about to hit you by sweeping past. Last week it was a bus so I had to swerve out of the way and winded up dismounted by the island. No way was I going to get hit by a bus.
I've racked my brains over how I can avoid all of this ridiculous sweeping and it puzzles me that anyone could be so dumb as to try and push past a cyclist round a roundabout. I just don't get it. Surely they could wait 10 seconds to allow the cyclist to clear the roundabout and then overtake on the straight road?
To be frank, I'm not by any means a violent kind of guy and am most definitely a pacifist and never prone to losing my temper. But the mixture of adrenalin, fear and sheer frustration of having some idiot try to sweep you off the road makes my blood boil.
Every time it happens I get ever more angry (to the point of turning green and my shirts splitting).
So, here is how the "moronic sweep" is done and I'm sure it must be being taught rigidly to drivers in this area.
(1) Wait till the cyclist pulls off into the roundabout and begins to ride around it.
(2) Follow in the car very closely.
(3) Overtake while the rider isn't yet clear and, if he's in the way, no problem. Just sweep the poor bugger off the road and bash him with your vehicle - he's only a cyclist after all isn't he?
(4) Continue on your way, congratulating yourself on an effective "moronic sweep".

I wouldn't worry. Fred strikes me as having skin as thick as a rhino. The thing is I keep visualising him as the real Fred Flintstone somehow due to his cartoon image.

tarczan said:
Fred- I'm sorry for my inappropriate remarks. I mistook you remarks.

no lie - i used to carry a paintball gun when i biked in memphis. i used it to shoot flingers of glass bottles and people with W stickers on their back bumpers.