Assistance please: recommendation required.

wafflycat

Guest
I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette (and
probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend of a
friend has inherited.

Any ideas, please?

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

wafflycat wrote:
> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the
> rear wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the
> cassette (and probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike
> which a friend of a friend has inherited.
>
> Any ideas, please?

The Haringey Cyclists Yahoo Group were discussing bike shops near that
area recently. Unfornately the Archive can be read by members only but
perhaps your friend of a friend could sign up and maybe find more local
groups as well: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/haringeycyclists . Also
try the London Cycling Campaign.

~PB

wafflycat wrote:
> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette (and
> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend of a
> friend has inherited.
>
> Any ideas, please?

When I was a junior in that area you could have chosen from Dave Davey,
Pat Hanlon or Hetchins. All gone now, sadly.

--
Dave...

In article <[email protected]>,
wafflycat (w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com) wrote:
> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette (and
> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend ofa
> friend has inherited.
>
> Any ideas, please?

There is a bike shop on Stoke Newington Road at or near here:

<URL:http://tinyurl.com/mmxvt>

I /think/ it's a branch of Daycocks. Haven't used it myself but used
occasionally to go to their Leytonstone branch. No complaints.

There ought to be a /La/ against it.

wafflycat (w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com) wrote:
>> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
>> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
>> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette
>> (and
>> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend of
>> friend has inherited.
>>
>> Any ideas, please?

>There is a bike shop on Stoke Newington Road at or near here:
>
><URL:http://tinyurl.com/mmxvt>
>
>I /think/ it's a branch of Daycocks. Haven't used it myself but used
>occasionally to go to their Leytonstone branch. No complaints.
>
>--
>Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
>There ought to be a /La/ against it.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> wafflycat (w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com) wrote:
> >> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
> >> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
> >> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette
> >> (and
> >> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friendof
> >> friend has inherited.
> >>
> >> Any ideas, please?

> >There is a bike shop on Stoke Newington Road at or near here:
> >
> ><URL:http://tinyurl.com/mmxvt>
> >
> >I /think/ it's a branch of Daycocks. Haven't used it myself but used
> >occasionally to go to their Leytonstone branch. No complaints.

ditto Daycocks, they had different names for some shops but all the
same chain IIRC; used the Clapton branch a lot when I was in the
locale; the West London version Fudges has now folded, as have most of
the Action Bikes that replaced them.

wafflycat wrote:
> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette (and
> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend of a
> friend has inherited.
>
> Any ideas, please?
>
> Cheers, helen s

I got good service at http://www.twowheelsgood.co.uk/index.php?topnav=1
about 3 years ago.. spent quite a while in there chatting to staff re
various bits and bobs...

I have bought tyres etc in the SNewington one.. never had anything
repaired by them.

no association etc...
M.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> wafflycat wrote:
>> I need a recommendation (or two) for a LBS in the Hackney/Stoke
>> Newington/Finsbury Park area. The immediate task is to replace the rear
>> wheel (just a standard 700c for general road use) and also the cassette
>> (and
>> probably the chain, of course) on an old Trek road bike which a friend of
>> friend has inherited.
>>
>> Any ideas, please?
>>
>> Cheers, helen s
>>

> I got good service at http://www.twowheelsgood.co.uk/index.php?topnav=1
> about 3 years ago.. spent quite a while in there chatting to staff re
> various bits and bobs...
>
> I have bought tyres etc in the SNewington one.. never had anything
> repaired by them.
>
> no association etc...
> M.

Thanks - appreciated.