assistance please

Ted Bennett

Guest
Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?

I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Ted

--
Ted Bennett

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:10:13 GMT, Ted Bennett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
>I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
>alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

IIRC, they go to Fresno, California ... with "that one sock from the
pair"

Can't swear to it.

Ted Bennett wrote:
> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Might be in the fridge, next to the beer - better go check.

-nate

Ted Bennett wrote:

> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Check in the silverware drawer. Please don't ask me how I know this.

Mark "I've lost my mind - it was here a minute ago!"

Ted Bennett wrote:

> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?

It's located in the exact last place you'll look for it. HTH ;-)

> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Mine's a disgrace -- AND it's spread to my dining room table. (At least I
/think/ that's what's under all those boxes and old tubes.)

Bill "can usually find ****, though" S.

Ted Bennett wrote:
> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>
> Ted
>
> --
> Ted Bennett

Probably bounced under something the seventh time you dropped it, and
you banged your head bending down to get it, leading you to forget why
you bent down...

"Ted Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>
> Ted
>
> --
> Ted Bennett

It will take me 3 times as long to miss my 10mm, I replaced the orignal,
then its replacement, before eventually finding the first two.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
>I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
>alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>
>Ted

Dear Ted,

Was your wrench perhaps just a plain, simple wrench with no apparent
markings, unless you tossed it into a handy fire?

When I looked for it, I found only a somewhat corrupted voiceover from
a movie that I haven't seen: http://www.silywily.com/fellowship.html

Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it. It
began with the forging of the great wrenches. Three peanut-butter
wrenches were given to the Campagnoloans: immortal, wisest, and
fairest of all beings:

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?...ription=769+Crank+Bolt+Wrench&vendorCode=CAMP

Seven spoke wrenches to the Shimano lords: great minds and craftsmen
of the mountain halls:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...-1&color=&img=/media/692427Lrg.jpg&view=large

And nine. Nine dogbone wrenches were gifted to the race of BMX riders:
who above all else desire power.

http://www.sports-center.biz/cycling/c/Cycling_Tools_Lube_Kits/Bell_Deluxe_Cycling_866534.htm

For within these wrenches was bound the strength and will to govern
each two-wheeled race. But they were, all of them, deceived. For
another wrench was made. In the land of WalMart in the fires of Mount
Fury the dark Lord Fogel forged, in secret, a master wrench to control
all others:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810721

And into this wrench he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will
to dominate all threads - one wrench to rule them all. One by one, the
local bike shops of Middle-Earth fell to the power of the wrench.

But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of BMX riders and
Campagnoloans marched against the armies of WalMart. And on the slopes
of Mount Fury fought for the freedom of Rec-Bicycles. Victory was
near. But the power of the wrench could not be undone. It was in this
moment, when all hope had faded, that Jobst, son of Leland, took up
his sword. Fogel, the enemy of the free peoples of Rec-Bicycles was
defeated.

The wrench passed to Jobst, who had this one chance to destroy evil
forever. But the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the wrench of
power has a will of its own. It betrayed Jobst to his death. And some
things, that should not have been forgotten, were lost. History became
legend. Legend became myth.

And for two and a half thousand years the wrench passed out of all
knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer. The
wrench came to the creature Bennett, who took it deep into his garage.
And there, it consumed him. The wrench brought to Bennett unnatural
long life. For five-hundred posts it poisoned his mind. And in the
gloom of Bennett's garage, it waited.

Darkness crept back into the bicycle-paths of the world. Rumor grew of
a shadow in the West, near the Rockies, whispers of a nameless fear.

And the wrench of power perceived. Its time had now come. The wrench
abandoned Bennett.

But something happened then the wrench did not intend. It was picked
up by the most unlikely creature imaginable. A local bike shop owner.
Sheldon Brown of West Newton. For the time will soon come, when local
bike shop owners will shape the fortunes of all.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html

Cheers,

Fran Walsh,
Philippa Boyens,
and Peter Jackson

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?

Probably. They may be waiting to hear your offer.

>I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
>alternate reality.

There are no alternate realities. All of the other realities are but
shadows of this one; if the wrench has fallen into shadow, you must
walk the pattern to retrieve it.

>My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

It's a garage. Therefore, the answer is probably "Yes."

You didn't wash the wrench, did you? Some wrenches can shrink if you
wash them incorrectly.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

do the wrenchs cluster?
sometimes you'd be missing wrenchs
or wrenchs 6-12 but not 12-15 then they reverse direction and you
find...
or all the flat screwdrivers are gone but phillips are everywhere
then the phillips disappear and flat....
but if you have 3 leg pullers...
then you needa exorcist

Ted Bennett wrote:
> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>
> Ted
>
> --
> Ted Bennett

It will be in the last place you look.
Rick in Tennessee

Ted Bennett wrote:
> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>
> Ted

Go and have a "mommy look".

What's a mommy look? It's when you complain to your mom that you can't
find something and she strides in, lifts up a few dirty clothes and says
"There it is!", revealing it right where you left it. You just need to
tidy up a bit.

Friday

[email protected] wrote:
> Dear Ted,
>
> Was your wrench perhaps just a plain, simple wrench with no apparent
> markings, unless you tossed it into a handy fire?
>
> When I looked for it, I found only a somewhat corrupted voiceover from
> a movie that I haven't seen: http://www.silywily.com/fellowship.html
>
> Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it.

[much deleted]

Great punchline.

Mark

"Ted Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Aliens are examining it. They'll beam it back down to you when you're not
looking in the next day or two.

Greg
--
"What have you got in that paper bag?
Is it a dose of Vitamin C?

Ted Bennett wrote:
> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

It wasn't underneath my grill tongs which are finally home today after
vanishing two months ago.

Worst I ever got was "losing" my cellie in a repurposed swiss army
saddlebag. I went out and bought a new phone. Used the saddlebag for
months, then as I was packing up to move house and opened the bag to
use it to pack underwear or something--there was the phone. Spooky!
Dang, now I want to find a set of those saddlebags again. :p

In article <[email protected]>,
Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:10:13 GMT, Ted Bennett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?

> Probably. They may be waiting to hear your offer.

That's a lovely spanner.
Shame if anything should happen to it.

--
Michael Press

G.T. wrote:
> "Ted Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>>
>> I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
>> alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?
>>

> Aliens are examining it. They'll beam it back down to you when
> you're not looking in the next day or two.

Better wear your helmet then! <eg>

Bill "sigh...good times" S.

Ted Bennett said:
Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?

I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

Ted

--
Ted Bennett
Look in the garden gnome's wheelbarrow. They're always playing gags like that.
:D

That wrench is gone. Really. Out of existence. No amount of looking will
turn it up. The only way to bring it back is go out and buy a replacement.

Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can someone tell me where my 9mm wrench got to?
>
>I just set it down, and now it has apparently vanished into some
>alternate reality. My garage isn't THAT messy, is it?

According to George Carlin, it went to the Hozone. That's where all
your missing socks end up, but you get it all back when you go to
heaven. So not to worry...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com