Assistance with Anquet

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Neil Pugh, Dec 18, 2005.

  1. Neil Pugh

    Neil Pugh Guest

    There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:

    GPS Routes
    GPS Waypoints
    and another called GPS something else.

    Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
    Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

    Thanks
    --
    Neil Pugh

    Tags:

  2. theo

    theo Guest

    "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
    >
    > GPS Routes
    > GPS Waypoints
    > and another called GPS something else.
    >
    > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
    > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

    If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
    Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.
    After 'My GPS Data' comes 'Un-filed_Map_Data'.
    Had you already created a subfolder in the Waypoints- or Routesfolder and
    did you accidentally remove that subfolder ?

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  3. Neil Pugh

    Neil Pugh Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, theo
    <[email protected]> writes

    >"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >news:[email protected]
    >> There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
    >>
    >> GPS Routes
    >> GPS Waypoints
    >> and another called GPS something else.
    >>
    >> Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
    >> Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

    >If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
    >Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.
    >After 'My GPS Data' comes 'Un-filed_Map_Data'.
    >Had you already created a subfolder in the Waypoints- or Routesfolder and
    >did you accidentally remove that subfolder ?

    Thanks for that, Theo. I thought there was a third folder, but it's
    probably a folder I had created and then re-named.

    Regards

    --
    Neil Pugh

  4. Tim Jackson

    Tim Jackson Guest

    On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...

    > "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    > > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
    > >
    > > GPS Routes
    > > GPS Waypoints
    > > and another called GPS something else.
    > >
    > > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
    > > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

    > If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
    > Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

    I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
    called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
    existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
    doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
    I downloaded the tracks?

    --
    Tim Jackson
    [email protected]lid

  5. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Neil Pugh wrote:
    > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
    >
    > GPS Routes
    > GPS Waypoints
    > and another called GPS something else.
    >
    > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
    > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.
    >
    > Thanks

    The 3rd Folder is called GPS Tracks.

    druidh

  6. theo

    theo Guest

    "Tim Jackson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]

    > On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...
    >>
    >> "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
    >> >
    >> > GPS Routes
    >> > GPS Waypoints
    >> > and another called GPS something else.
    >> >
    >> > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third
    >> > folder.
    >> > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

    >> If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
    >> Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

    > I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
    > called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
    > existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
    > doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
    > I downloaded the tracks?

    My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
    Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
    tracks, new nor old (from v1).
    Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
    won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
    files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  7. Neil Pugh

    Neil Pugh Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, druidh
    <[email protected]> writes
    >The 3rd Folder is called GPS Tracks.
    >

    >druidh

    Thanks to everyone who responded.

    I had already sorted it out by finding that when I downloaded a tracklog
    from the GPS it went into the folder I had accidentally re-named
    'Ingleborough'. There's not much gets past me, so I re-named the folder
    accordingly!

    Regards

    --
    Neil Pugh

  8. Neil Pugh

    Neil Pugh Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, theo
    <[email protected]> writes

    >My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
    >Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
    >tracks, new nor old (from v1).
    >Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
    >won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
    >files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

    Theo

    I've just put a few trackpoints onto a map of Corfu in GPS Utility,
    uploaded them to the GPS and then downloaded them into Anquet (v06.0.3).
    They downloaded correctly into 'GPS Tracks' and displayed on a blank
    screen when double clicked.

    I would think that when you download a track from your GPS the folder
    will be automatically created.

    Regards
    --
    Neil Pugh

  9. druidh

    druidh Guest

    theo wrote:
    > "Tim Jackson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...
    >>
    >>>"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
    >>>Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

    >>I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
    >>called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
    >>existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
    >>doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
    >>I downloaded the tracks?

    > My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
    > Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
    > tracks, new nor old (from v1).
    > Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
    > won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
    > files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

    I ain't tried it, but I can't see why Anquet wouldn't actually store
    them. In fact V6 would be ideal as you could just create a new database
    and hold them separately.

    druidh

  10. theo

    theo Guest

    "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > In message <[email protected]>, theo
    > <[email protected]> writes
    >>

    >>My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
    >>Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
    >>tracks, new nor old (from v1).
    >>Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
    >>won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
    >>files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?
    >>

    > Theo
    >
    > I've just put a few trackpoints onto a map of Corfu in GPS Utility,
    > uploaded them to the GPS and then downloaded them into Anquet (v06.0.3).
    > They downloaded correctly into 'GPS Tracks' and displayed on a blank
    > screen when double clicked.
    >
    > I would think that when you download a track from your GPS the folder will
    > be automatically created.

    I've downloaded a few tracks and the Anquet Data is now showing a folder
    with GPS Tracks. I've also downloaded GPS Trackmaker to my computer and will
    now have to scan some Dutch paper maps to position my tracks.
    Thanks for the help, Neil and Druidh.

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  11. druidh

    druidh Guest

    Remember, the GPS Tracks folder will be refreshed the next time you sync
    your GPS - i.e. you'll lose any that aren't stored on your GPS. You need
    to create a new databse or folder (e.g. Saved Tracks) to keep them
    permanently.

    druidh