Assistance with Anquet

Neil Pugh

Guest
There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:

GPS Routes
GPS Waypoints
and another called GPS something else.

Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

Thanks
--
Neil Pugh

"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
>
> GPS Routes
> GPS Waypoints
> and another called GPS something else.
>
> Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
> Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.
After 'My GPS Data' comes 'Un-filed_Map_Data'.
Had you already created a subfolder in the Waypoints- or Routesfolder and
did you accidentally remove that subfolder ?

--
"Beannachd leibh"

Theo
www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

In message <[email protected]>, theo
<[email protected]> writes

>"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>news:[email protected]...
>> There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
>>
>> GPS Routes
>> GPS Waypoints
>> and another called GPS something else.
>>
>> Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
>> Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

>If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
>Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.
>After 'My GPS Data' comes 'Un-filed_Map_Data'.
>Had you already created a subfolder in the Waypoints- or Routesfolder and
>did you accidentally remove that subfolder ?

Thanks for that, Theo. I thought there was a third folder, but it's
probably a folder I had created and then re-named.

Regards

--
Neil Pugh

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...

> "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
> > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
> >
> > GPS Routes
> > GPS Waypoints
> > and another called GPS something else.
> >
> > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
> > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

> If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
> Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
I downloaded the tracks?

--
Tim Jackson
[email protected]lid

Neil Pugh wrote:
> There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
>
> GPS Routes
> GPS Waypoints
> and another called GPS something else.
>
> Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third folder.
> Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.
>
> Thanks

The 3rd Folder is called GPS Tracks.

druidh

"Tim Jackson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...
>>
>> "Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > There are 3 folders under 'My GPS Data' in Anquet:
>> >
>> > GPS Routes
>> > GPS Waypoints
>> > and another called GPS something else.
>> >
>> > Due to some finger trouble I have accidentally renamed the third
>> > folder.
>> > Can some kind person tell me what it should be called.

>> If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
>> Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

> I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
> called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
> existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
> doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
> I downloaded the tracks?

My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
tracks, new nor old (from v1).
Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

--
"Beannachd leibh"

Theo
www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

In message <[email protected]>, druidh
<[email protected]> writes
>The 3rd Folder is called GPS Tracks.
>

>druidh

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I had already sorted it out by finding that when I downloaded a tracklog
from the GPS it went into the folder I had accidentally re-named
'Ingleborough'. There's not much gets past me, so I re-named the folder
accordingly!

Regards

--
Neil Pugh

In message <[email protected]>, theo
<[email protected]> writes

>My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
>Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
>tracks, new nor old (from v1).
>Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
>won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
>files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

Theo

I've just put a few trackpoints onto a map of Corfu in GPS Utility,
uploaded them to the GPS and then downloaded them into Anquet (v06.0.3).
They downloaded correctly into 'GPS Tracks' and displayed on a blank
screen when double clicked.

I would think that when you download a track from your GPS the folder
will be automatically created.

Regards
--
Neil Pugh

theo wrote:
> "Tim Jackson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:56:46 +0100, theo wrote...
>>
>>>"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>If you're referring to v06 : I haven't got a third folder under 'My GPS
>>>Data', just 'GPS routes' and 'GPS waypoints'.

>>I've just been installing v06 this afternoon. I have a third folder,
>>called 'GPS Tracks'. One of the first things I did was to import some
>>existing data from my GPS, and my track logs went there. If Theo
>>doesn't have 'GPS Tracks' then I suppose it might have been created when
>>I downloaded the tracks?

> My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
> Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
> tracks, new nor old (from v1).
> Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
> won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
> files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?

I ain't tried it, but I can't see why Anquet wouldn't actually store
them. In fact V6 would be ideal as you could just create a new database
and hold them separately.

druidh

"Neil Pugh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> In message <[email protected]>, theo
> <[email protected]> writes
>>

>>My first thought was 'am I blind ?' but no, I don't have a map called GPS
>>Tracks. I've bought my Geko a few weeks ago and haven't yet downloaded any
>>tracks, new nor old (from v1).
>>Did any of you ever download tracks into Anquet from outside the UK ? They
>>won't show up on the OSmaps of course but are they stored in the Anquet
>>files ? Or do I have a corrupted program ?
>>

> Theo
>
> I've just put a few trackpoints onto a map of Corfu in GPS Utility,
> uploaded them to the GPS and then downloaded them into Anquet (v06.0.3).
> They downloaded correctly into 'GPS Tracks' and displayed on a blank
> screen when double clicked.
>
> I would think that when you download a track from your GPS the folder will
> be automatically created.

I've downloaded a few tracks and the Anquet Data is now showing a folder
with GPS Tracks. I've also downloaded GPS Trackmaker to my computer and will
now have to scan some Dutch paper maps to position my tracks.
Thanks for the help, Neil and Druidh.

--
"Beannachd leibh"

Theo
www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

Remember, the GPS Tracks folder will be refreshed the next time you sync
your GPS - i.e. you'll lose any that aren't stored on your GPS. You need
to create a new databse or folder (e.g. Saved Tracks) to keep them
permanently.

druidh