Assos Jersies/Shorts... worth a buck sixty $USD???

I went big and bought the FI.13 bibs. Rode them for the first time this week. I'd never worn bibs before, so that was a new experience as well. Trouble for me is that I need what would be an XL in Assos because of my height (5-10") and a large or less because of my waist (30-31"). I got the large and they are definitely tight across the suspenders. Other than that, they seem perhaps a little more comfy than my mid-level Pearl shorts.

Bibs feel funny, though. Without the waistband, it feels like you're wearing a barrel with suspenders. Suck in your gut and it feels like you can air out your, um, parts.

Originally posted by drewski
For the folks who said high-end Pearl was their ceiling, these guys have the Evo Campionisimo bib-shorts on sale for $140. These were last years top of the line @ $200. Add the 10% off and you're @ $126 which is Pearl Izumi Microsensor territory.

I got a pair w/o the 10% additional and find them to be extremely comfortable. The cut is definitely optimized for biking (i.e. they aren't as comfortable standing straight up, but when you're on the bike, you forget they are there.)

Limited sizes when I just looked.

Dear Preferred Assos Customer:

Shop now and receive 10% off any Assos purchase when your purchase amount in your shopping cart exceeds $100.00. Discount is applied at checkout when you enter the Coupon Code: ASSOS and press the recalculate button.

Offer cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases. The offer is for any Assos items listed in stock and appears in our shopping cart.

No rain checks for items out of stock. No price adjustments on previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of discount and to modify or cancel this promotion due to system error or unforeseen problems. Expires January 18, 2004, 11pm ET.

If you'd like to be removed from our email list, please email us at sales with "Remove" in the subject line. Please allow up to two weeks for your request to be processed. To contact us, email us at [email protected] or write to: Chicagoland Bicycle, 10355 S Kedzie Ave, Chicago IL 60655.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Fred Richard
Chicagoland Bicycle
www.cbike.com

Or try William at Wise Cycle Buys. (I've used him in the past with great results on components).

http://www.wisecyclebuys.com./id203.htm