Assos winter 851 gloves personal review

deckard

Feb 22, 2006
I just picked a pair of Assos 851 winter gloves with the Assos ALS inner gloves (for a great deal) and you cannot find a better winter glove. While expensive compared to other gloves, no other glove comes close to quality and warmth for a close fitting glove without the bulk. I just cut back on the mochas for two weeks to justify the purchase.:)

I love Assos stuff and I think it makes me ride more carefully - I'd hate to rip a set of bib tights and jacket.

If your glove budget is a bit tighter and you like your mochas too much to give them up, I got a set of Sealskinz KJ541 Cycling gloves for xmas and they are mighty fine too. I don't know how they do it, but my hands never feel too hot or cold in them...

I don't have the liners, but agree they are the best gloves ever. If I would have just bought the Assos first, I could have saved a lot of money. I've tried many gloves that just didn't work.

Same boat here. went through many gloves that just did not cut it. I have a pair of Sealskinz road cycling windproof gloves that work great too.