Astana insider claims that Contador underwent a transfusion prior to the Tour de France

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Astana insider claims that Contador underwent a transfusion prior to the Tour de France
Belgian magazine Humo has published claims from an individual with the Astana team, who alleges that Alberto Contador used Clenbuterol after the Criterium du Dauphiné as part of a weight-loss treatment. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity, claims that the Spaniard had blood extracted between that race and the Tour when, crucially, traces of the banned product were still in his system. “In the Dauphiné Libéré, Contador was still a little overweight. Ordinary people do not see that, but there was still a pound or two to shed. Clenbuterol is used to get rid of the last kilos while, at the same time, to ensure that you do not lose muscle mass - or, in the best case, even gain a little extra muscle mass.” Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5948/Astana-insider-claims-that-Contador-underwent-a-transfusion-prior-to-the-Tour-de-France.aspx

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

An anonomous witness has less credibility than Floyd Landis...
true! somehow I don't think this is going to go away for him.

Nope - Contador is going down, IMO. How hard/how long is the only question...It definitely won't be anonomous insider's eyewitness "testimony" to bring him down though.

Some media outlets are such attention whores - printing stories from anonomous sources is just slime-ball news, IMO. If you're not willing to stand behind your disparaging claims, you shouldn't get to have a voice...

I can see someone extracting blood on a very small level over a couple of weeks with the intent to use it in the Tour but I can't see him using a product that's very easily detected and stays in the system for a few days - or more if amounts large enough to do anything worthwhile were used - with the knowledge that the 'men with p1ss pots' would likely be knocking on his door in the weeks prior to the Tour.

I just read an article on how often they test meat in Spain and Europe! Chances of it being contaminated by other means besides his doing or knowing about it are about 1 in 81,000

Quote: Originally Posted by Stormsgate .

I just read an article on how often they test meat in Spain and Europe! Chances of it being contaminated by other means besides his doing or knowing about it are about 1 in 81,000

Apparently it's more common in south america, if he's guilty - to bad.

Originally Posted by Stormsgate .

I got the feeling that they struggled enough to look after the cattle in northern Spain let alone test it for drugs... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif